Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xrc raceway 2012 season

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 03:11 PM
Tech Adept

Default Xrc raceway 2012 season

Hope everyone had a nice couple of months off from racing I will be posting here about all the new updates to Xrc for 2012 season.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Will there be a new layout this year,
If so might want to take some q's from one of Joey's tracks
Old 02-17-2012, 06:36 AM
Tech Adept

As with everyother season, there will be changes. All of the suggestions will be considered, hardest problem is what ideas to go with that will make most people happy not all people happy. Best thing is to come to the track the day we are laying out to help and input ideas.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 2012 Track work/build days

Here we go! Jay and Darren will be at the track this Saturday 3/10 around noon and possibly Sunday as well. They will be working on track site prep this weekend. The Bobcat is scheduled to be delivered next weekend 3/17 so we can begin building the new 2012 track.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default track layout

Originally Posted by hopupking
Will there be a new layout this year,
If so might want to take some q's from one of Joey's tracks
I agree. you have a great area of land but your layout deters a lot of racers since it is very borring. Its more of a begginers track. It offers no techinical challanges, no dynamics and it gives racers no real opportunities to catch the leaders. Try adding a stepup or placement of obstacles may be more important, where it would give a degree of difficulty so racers have a chance not to get blown away. Just my two cents . Good Luck to you guys as always.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Any updates on the track?
Old 03-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro1
I agree. you have a great area of land but your layout deters a lot of racers since it is very borring. Its more of a begginers track. It offers no techinical challanges, no dynamics and it gives racers no real opportunities to catch the leaders. Try adding a stepup or placement of obstacles may be more important, where it would give a degree of difficulty so racers have a chance not to get blown away. Just my two cents . Good Luck to you guys as always.

Grain of salt... Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I will agree that it would be cool to add more jumps or make it more technical but the track is very raceable the way it was last year and offered many places to pass. So to say you can't catch the leaders just doesn't make sense. Fast guys will be fast no matter what the layout is

I'm ready to run some nitro ! Please post when the track will be ready for practice
Old 03-13-2012, 09:35 PM
Tech Addict

hello all, i had the pleasure of racing at your facility the last race of 2011. it has inspired me to attend more frequently and enjoy some great racing. 4wd short course, e buggy, and nitro truggy for me!
Old 03-14-2012, 07:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by automagic302
hello all, i had the pleasure of racing at your facility the last race of 2011. it has inspired me to attend more frequently and enjoy some great racing. 4wd short course, e buggy, and nitro truggy for me!
Drew Q! See you there.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by function>form
Grain of salt... Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I will agree that it would be cool to add more jumps or make it more technical but the track is very raceable the way it was last year and offered many places to pass. So to say you can't catch the leaders just doesn't make sense. Fast guys will be fast no matter what the layout is

I'm ready to run some nitro ! Please post when the track will be ready for practice
Well lets just back to what i was saying you have a great area of land, great driver stand, great dirt but low turnout. I was just adding my two cents so you would get a better turnout but i can see if you havent raced around diff tracks i can see how this one is just fine enough for some. But like i said you need a way better layout , a better program so it dont take forever to finish racing, and an open mind to what "fast racers" are saying from other tracks and im sure you would have more people interested coming to the track.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Was up there tonight, looks like all of the pipe was removed and ready for some dirt moving.

Next work day is this Saturday... of course, the guys will always appreciate assistance in putting the track together. I should be there in my limited capacity...
Old 03-15-2012, 05:05 AM
Tech Adept

Will be there to race for sure a couple of us just picked up 1/8th e-buggy so can’t wait, only thing that would be nice is to standardize the short course races, we ran at the big race last year and it seemed to be more of a run anything class with guys running 3S lipo’s and 1/8th buggy tires, just about all the other tracks stick to the ROAR rules of 2S and SC tires only, not sure if the rules have changed from last year or not but might help bring in more SCT drivers, but still a great track and great guys running it !!
Old 03-15-2012, 08:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Will anyone be working on the track sunday? I might take ride down...it's been a while.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SWAMPER
Will be there to race for sure a couple of us just picked up 1/8th e-buggy so can’t wait, only thing that would be nice is to standardize the short course races, we ran at the big race last year and it seemed to be more of a run anything class with guys running 3S lipo’s and 1/8th buggy tires, just about all the other tracks stick to the ROAR rules of 2S and SC tires only, not sure if the rules have changed from last year or not but might help bring in more SCT drivers, but still a great track and great guys running it !!
I also have the same complaint... still rocked the field in 4WD SCT in the FTR race, even with my 2s and SC tires. But yes, there needs to be a standard.

The issue stems from short course taking off at XRC while still in its infancy... there were no ROAR rules and very limited tire choices. Now that shouldn't be a problem... 2s limit, short course only wheels and tires.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mike C
Will anyone be working on the track sunday? I might take ride down...it's been a while.
Probably depends on how much work gets done on Saturday...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.