Wiki Posts
Search

2012 ROAR 1/8 Offroad Fuel Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 08:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dominick i.
You should have a race for all of us that couldnt register for the nats!!!
And make it a cash race.
August 18th and Sept 22nd are cash races. All of the registration for the Nats is handled by ROAR, so it's not in our control.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Post from Neobuggy....

ROAR tough on Practice
ROAR, the North American governing body have posted a short notice on their website regarding some confusion amongst Fuel Offroad National attendees.

"There seems to be some confusion about the schedule of the Fuel Off-Road Nationals. Just to be clear, the schedule will be followed as published – Thursday June 21st will be the first day that any competitors are permitted on the track, which will be controlled practice. Any driver or surrogate found to have put any vehicle for any reason on the track prior to the official start of the event will be disqualified from the Nationals."
We can't help but hope that the parking lot isn't too close to the track, otherwise there may be trouble ahead... "any vehicle" obviously implying to any RC car not a real car Although we're sure if someone decides to park their trailer on the track they'll be quickly sent home packing...!
Old 06-15-2012, 07:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jnorwood_losi
Post from Neobuggy....

ROAR tough on Practice
ROAR, the North American governing body have posted a short notice on their website regarding some confusion amongst Fuel Offroad National attendees.

"There seems to be some confusion about the schedule of the Fuel Off-Road Nationals. Just to be clear, the schedule will be followed as published – Thursday June 21st will be the first day that any competitors are permitted on the track, which will be controlled practice. Any driver or surrogate found to have put any vehicle for any reason on the track prior to the official start of the event will be disqualified from the Nationals."
We can't help but hope that the parking lot isn't too close to the track, otherwise there may be trouble ahead... "any vehicle" obviously implying to any RC car not a real car Although we're sure if someone decides to park their trailer on the track they'll be quickly sent home packing...!
ROAR= Really Obnoxious About Racing

These guys are retards. I'm sure everyone will follow the rules with regards to not practicing. But really??? Parking an rv on the track? These guys need to be put to sleep like a sick dog
Old 06-15-2012, 08:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Wheelie master

These guys are retards. I'm sure everyone will follow the rules with regards to not practicing. But really??? Parking an rv on the track? These guys need to be put to sleep like a sick dog
LOL, yeah I got a kick out of it so thought I would share...I'm fine waiting till Thursday but at the same time I just CANT WAIT till Thursday Bahaha. I am so stoked for this race
Old 06-15-2012, 03:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)

anyone stayed at the budget inn nearby? its the cheapest and i have a room there but it kinda looks a little cheap, also how far away is Harrisburg?
Old 06-15-2012, 04:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raven87
anyone stayed at the budget inn nearby? its the cheapest and i have a room there but it kinda looks a little cheap, also how far away is Harrisburg?
roughly 40 miles
Old 06-15-2012, 10:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

I normally give people the benefit of the doubt in matters like this, that they're making a decision for legitimate reasons. Even if you don't want to give us that, you could at least ask. Had you done so, I would have replied that drivers coming in from out of town have boasted that they don't care what ROAR says, they're practicing "when they get there on Wednesday." That would give them an advantage over you and the other drivers that are presumably following the schedule. I never imagined that ensuring as much fairness as possible would draw such criticism. Perhaps you should reconsider the rant, given that the part to which you took the most exception, was written by NeoBuggy - not ROAR.

Simply put, the reminder was to let drivers know, who already expressed that they would break the rules, that there would be a penalty for trying to get an unfair advantage over the majority of the drivers that will simply do it the right way.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SteveP
I normally give people the benefit of the doubt in matters like this, that they're making a decision for legitimate reasons. Even if you don't want to give us that, you could at least ask. Had you done so, I would have replied that drivers coming in from out of town have boasted that they don't care what ROAR says, they're practicing "when they get there on Wednesday." That would give them an advantage over you and the other drivers that are presumably following the schedule. I never imagined that ensuring as much fairness as possible would draw such criticism. Perhaps you should reconsider the rant, given that the part to which you took the most exception, was written by NeoBuggy - not ROAR.

Simply put, the reminder was to let drivers know, who already expressed that they would break the rules, that there would be a penalty for trying to get an unfair advantage over the majority of the drivers that will simply do it the right way.
I misread rc as rv. It would explain why I said Parking an rv on the track. I must have been a little slow that morning. Probably all the late night wrenching trying to get ready. Lol

Why wouldn't you do wed practice? Can u explain how practice is gonna work? Is it one 7 min qual per class?
Old 06-15-2012, 10:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

A significant number of members continue to express concern over the length of the schedule for the Nationals, and even more so now given the poor economy. ROAR was simply being responsive to the members. Some people have the resources to spend an extra day at the Nationals, so for them it's a non-issue. But, for those that are watching their budgets and one extra day in a hotel, or one extra day with a rental car, take-out food, blah, blah, blah, it becomes too much. We all want to give those of us who are having a tough time, the chance to race at the Nats and get away from their heartburn for a few days. I believe there's going to be two rounds of practice Thursday, two qualifiers Friday, two more Saturday, and then the mains on Sunday. Given the number of entries, the lowest mains may need to be run Saturday after qualifying, but that will be up to Bob Ingersoll, the Race Director. He runs a tight program and you'll know what's happening throughout the event.

Practice will be arranged in heats, and each driver's three fastest consecutive laps will seed them in a qualifier. I don't believe there's a resort because the quick practice laps will have already seeded you. I'll have to check that we didn't tweak the process, but it's a nice departure from the random seeding where a really fast group of drivers is blowing past you every two seconds and it seems like you're pulling over more than racing. The opposite can also be true, but the larger point is, most drivers will be grouped with drivers of their skill level and speed right from the start. It's been overwhelmingly popular since it was implemented last year. I think you'll like it.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

What time is practice gonna start Thursday?
Old 06-16-2012, 04:38 AM
Tech Master

I misread rc as rv. It would explain why I said Parking an rv on the track. I must have been a little slow that morning. Probably all the late night wrenching trying to get ready. Lol

Why wouldn't you do wed practice? Can u explain how practice is gonna work? Is it one 7 min qual per class?
It did say RV a few days ago. Its changed now. I thought the same thing, who's going to park their RV on the track?
Old 06-16-2012, 07:51 AM
Tech Regular

I think it was Neobuggy kind of using ROAR for a punch line, but with good intentions behind it. I only posted it just to make sure everyone knew they were serious about no one being on the track before Thursday, and did not intend on stirring up problems....
With that said I completely understand no open practice before Thursday. There are allot of people coming from the west coast and anyone being on the track before everyone is allowed would def. be an unfair advantage and we are already looking at a 4 day event.
I say take it in stride and as a funny/gentle way of saying DONT TOUCH THE TRACK before its time cause everyone knows nobody is parking RV's on the track.
REALLY looking forward to this race and the entire experience of racing in the Nationals....See you all next week!!
Old 06-16-2012, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chicky03
It did say RV a few days ago. Its changed now. I thought the same thing, who's going to park their RV on the track?
Oh good I thought I was losing my damn mind!!
Old 06-16-2012, 08:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveP
A significant number of members continue to express concern over the length of the schedule for the Nationals, and even more so now given the poor economy. ROAR was simply being responsive to the members. Some people have the resources to spend an extra day at the Nationals, so for them it's a non-issue. But, for those that are watching their budgets and one extra day in a hotel, or one extra day with a rental car, take-out food, blah, blah, blah, it becomes too much. We all want to give those of us who are having a tough time, the chance to race at the Nats and get away from their heartburn for a few days. I believe there's going to be two rounds of practice Thursday, two qualifiers Friday, two more Saturday, and then the mains on Sunday. Given the number of entries, the lowest mains may need to be run Saturday after qualifying, but that will be up to Bob Ingersoll, the Race Director. He runs a tight program and you'll know what's happening throughout the event.

Practice will be arranged in heats, and each driver's three fastest consecutive laps will seed them in a qualifier. I don't believe there's a resort because the quick practice laps will have already seeded you. I'll have to check that we didn't tweak the process, but it's a nice departure from the random seeding where a really fast group of drivers is blowing past you every two seconds and it seems like you're pulling over more than racing. The opposite can also be true, but the larger point is, most drivers will be grouped with drivers of their skill level and speed right from the start. It's been overwhelmingly popular since it was implemented last year. I think you'll like it.
Just my opinion here, so take it with a grain of salt I guess...

I respect what you're trying to accomplish by limiting practice to just Thrusday, and your reasoning for it is perfect, but only two rounds? People are spending hundreds of dollars to get to this race, on top of hundreds more on tires and prep, on top of a steep entry fee, just to get two rounds of practice? I think a better option would be start as early as possible Thursday morning and finish as late as possible Thursday night, running as many practice sessions as possible. Why are we limiting it to just two rounds? Let us get as much time on track as possible.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mahak2137
Just my opinion here, so take it with a grain of salt I guess...

I respect what you're trying to accomplish by limiting practice to just Thrusday, and your reasoning for it is perfect, but only two rounds? People are spending hundreds of dollars to get to this race, on top of hundreds more on tires and prep, on top of a steep entry fee, just to get two rounds of practice? I think a better option would be start as early as possible Thursday morning and finish as late as possible Thursday night, running as many practice sessions as possible. Why are we limiting it to just two rounds? Let us get as much time on track as possible.
+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.