Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Hobbyshop/parkinglot track

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey Charlie, for track prep, just stop by the local Home Depot in the morning. Should be able to get a couple cheap employees and some might have their own leaf blowers......

CoBroRa / TAOB
Old 01-06-2005, 01:58 AM
TCR
Tech Addict

well at least if people break stuff at the track, they should be able to find stuff at one of those hobby shops.
and it wont be too bad of a drive.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this new facility actually in Artisia and not Cerritos. one thing I know is Cerritos is extremly anal about tracks and the city would never allow a permet for these things. at least in the past they wouldn't

Originally posted by Gearhead3
Yoiu know come to think of it, not to be a party pooper, But I have to ask this.

HOW MANY DAMN hobby shops are going to open up with a 7 mile radious of each other? My GOD people, use a little sence. We now have Hobby Warehouse (the first shop, around for 35 years) Then we have Play TIme hobbies, on Sumerset and Lakewood, then we have Dream hobbies on Candlewood and Paramount, then we have hobby people at Belflower & south(if you consider them a real shop) Then you have that new place across the street from Long beach town center, not sure of the name. I remeber watching this with all the tracks that opened up in the 90's, and they all FAILED, execpt for So Cal. What is the deal, Don't people that want to open up a hobby shop want to succeed? Then why open up so close to another hobby shop? This spreads out the customers so thin that NONE of the shops will really succeed, Or just the one with the right business sence, or a shop that will one up everyone. Have a track at your shop......That will one up EVERYONE!!

I am all for a new shop, But a better location could have been chosen.

on a lighter note, Cant wait to try out the new place to race!!
Old 01-06-2005, 01:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by TCR
well at least if people break stuff at the track, they should be able to find stuff at one of those hobby shops.
and it wont be too bad of a drive.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this new facility actually in Artisia and not Cerritos. one thing I know is Cerritos is extremly anal about tracks and the city would never allow a permet for these things. at least in the past they wouldn't
oo. lets hope its in artesia then. and NOT cerritos. maybe it can become a permanent outdoor track if enough people go there to race?
Old 01-06-2005, 02:46 PM
Tech Adept

it's in artesia, but i don't think there's room for a permanent track, at least not on the existing parking lot.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by islandRC
it's in artesia, but i don't think there's room for a permanent track, at least not on the existing parking lot.

oh well.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:38 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Flier.

Got the Permits, and are ready to go!!! Racing will be on a col-desack/street righ beside the hobbyshop plaza. Street will be blocked off for raceday!!! This is gonna be exciting!

Old 01-07-2005, 11:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Awesome! Another place to race. I'll be there! Thanks Charlie!!
Old 01-08-2005, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Post WOW !!

A new Year and a New track to race at .. That means with OC Circut, 4Fun Hobbies , and this place theres alot of racing going to take place .. cant wait !!!
Old 01-08-2005, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

after adding OC stuff and JB stuff, This year is going to have some great racing in SoCal area this year.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

Ok guys...track will be relocated. I think they are getting a bigger place...guess business was getting too good!!! SO, this means their 1st race will be delayed until further notice. The are going to be moving around teh end of the month so ill keep everyone posted on the progress.