Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Sweep Carpet Challenge at Middle River Hobbies

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Short video clips of 2 qualifiers on Saturday.
720 and 1080 HD available if you have high speed internet service.

Sam-the-Man is getting super fast lap times by straight-lining the chicane before the straightaway.
Touring Car - 1/10 17.5 Blinky
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Pan Car - 1/12 17.5 Blinky
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Great weekend! Thanks Gordon and Laura and the rest of the MRH guys for running a great event! Learned a lot this weekend, and had help from some really classy guys. Joel, can't thank you enough for the help with my 1/12 and Gee, Karl and Matt Ward for help with my TC6. Learned a lot, and got better, can't wait to do it again. Congrats to all the winners!
Old 01-22-2012, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

100+ entries by Sunday. Nice!
Thanks to everyone that came out ! Glad you made the trip and hopefully we can do it again next year.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Awesome racing. Awesome people. Awesome track. Anyone who wasnt there missed out. Everyone who was there had an awesome time. Good luck to everyone going to the birds!
Old 01-22-2012, 10:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Must say had a blast this was my 1st mini better yet first onroad race ever enjoyed myself way more than any offroad race that ive ever been in
Old 01-23-2012, 03:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Cool Middle River Hobbies !

Thanks to Mr. Gordon and all the crew for a Great time and food . Thanks to Mr. Lee <> { Mr. Sweeps } for help hosting the race and the Great tires ! Thanks to Chris G. for the motor ...... again Thanks for a Great time at MRH Great racing for all ! : ) , till next year !

> did anyone happen to video the mini main !

Old 01-23-2012, 04:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Looks like I missed out on a great event. Really wish I could have made it. Hope to make it down sometime soon. Congrats to all the winners. Hope to catch up with some of you this weekend at Horsham for the Slowbirds.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:37 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up 2012 Sweep Challenge

Great racing this weekend. I would like to thank Sweep racing for being the headline sponsor for a great race. Nice to meet John lee and all the sweep team . Thanks to all other sponsors,Top racing Gqtires and MrhRacing products and Dialed ntv .This is surely going to be a Annual event.Thanks to everyone who helped out to make the event a success. Hats off to Jeff Harris (Director Doody) to running the races and keeping everything moving. We will be posting results and some photos later today. Thanks to all the racers who came out ,there was alot of talent . Mrh Staff
Old 01-23-2012, 06:00 AM
Tech Master

Thanks to all who made the trip , hope all made it home safely. It was a packed house, with overflow to the other building ! when the results get posted, look how close the racing was.. very close. The track is very smooth, and the groove was laid down nicley, they even vacumed the " offline " areas, just incase you had to go out there to pass guys that were oblivious to the leaders coming through..
Nice to see a bunch of speed in the building, and learn a bit more about subtle changes to a 12th scale to get that last 1-2 /10th's of a second..makes a big difference in the " feel " the car should have.
Whats next for MRH ? ...... Mini Brawl " Carpet King Challenge " ?
Old 01-23-2012, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

Woo Hoo !!! Great times !! Thanks to MRH , John Lee and all the support people for a fun time !! Thanks to Gordon for the late night gathering at his favorite watering hole ,Long Beach Tavern !!Thanks again John ,for the bucket of coffee sunday morning,I need that after Saturday night !! Then the free catered lunch !!!

Congrats to all the winners ,not so much the 1st place guys with all the fame,money and women lol ! But to all Eight of the main event contenders ! It was a victory for most just to get to the show with only eight spots!!
Old 01-23-2012, 08:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Awesome weekend big thanks to Gordon, Laura and to all MRH crew, Thanks for the coffee in the morning, catering. Thanks to Frank for the ride on his skyline , Nelly for paint job oooppps forgot I paint that body , Arvin, Danny J, Sam, Craig X for all the help, Mike G for HP tips, To all sponsor , Wow when is the next challenge? Any challenge lol
Old 01-23-2012, 08:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Here you go C- main video
Thanks to Nelly

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IS3v...e_gdata_player

Sent from my iPhone
Old 01-23-2012, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Are the official results posted?
Old 01-23-2012, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I had a great time, track was great, racers were well fed (thanks John), competition was tight, did i mention we were served food? It was really a pleasure going to a hobby shop that had everything i wanted in stock (its never a good sign when the lady at the register says "oh you have the longest tab here") Man those fried pickles were the shiznit, much better then Diatta's fake chocolate chip pancakes. TonyQ John and Diatta, thanks for the laughs in the pits. My team sidepiece cars were real good and made the trip that much more fun.

If only i lived closer
Old 01-23-2012, 10:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I had a great time at the Sweep Challenge this weekend-competition was tight in all classes, and much laughter and fun times in the pits.

Awesome job by Karl, Gordon, Laura, Matt, Jeff and anyone else involved for organizing and running this race! Also thanks to the Sponsors who made this race as fun and exciting as it was.

Very much looking forward to the next one!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.