Wiki Posts
Search

Central Ohio racers and surrounding racers I have a question

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 08:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Central Ohio racers and surrounding racers I have a question

If there was an outdoor on road track in columbus ohio, on good asphalt, would you go race there?

I have practically all the necc. equipment, and a parking lot.. I just don't know if there is sufficient demand to warrant doing it.

I didnt post this in nitro because I don't wanna 'spam' it, but this would of course be available to nitro and electric, and racers could pit trackside or in an air conditioned building with tables, chairs and electricity provided.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Doug B
If there was an outdoor on road track in columbus ohio, on good asphalt, would you go race there?

I have practically all the necc. equipment, and a parking lot.. I just don't know if there is sufficient demand to warrant doing it.

I didnt post this in nitro because I don't wanna 'spam' it, but this would of course be available to nitro and electric, and racers could pit trackside or in an air conditioned building with tables, chairs and electricity provided.
its alot of on road racers that live in columbus..that went to dirt because they dont wanna travel out of town..dayton..wv..indy

where would this track be located at??
Old 10-14-2011, 09:19 PM
Tech Adept

I-70 east and 270 East, at EN Hobbies. our indoor racing winds down, so Im looking for an outdoor alternative in the summer months. I used to race at CORCAR back in the day, and remember huge turnouts for that.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

1. what do you race indoor?
2. there's a nitro track in CIncy - Hamilton www.tsrcar.com
3. what days would you race?
4. do you have a website for your indoor racing?
Old 10-15-2011, 05:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I-70 east and 270 East, at EN Hobbies. our indoor racing winds down, so Im looking for an outdoor alternative in the summer months. I used to race at CORCAR back in the day, and remember huge turnouts for that.
Hey Doug,

I stopped out and took a look a few weeks back. I've decided to stay onroad carpet this winter. Are you planning on having any carpet track racing this winter?

As far as summer. Set classes, promote the snot out of it and people will show to race. Would it be in the same lot as the current shop? If so, that could be a very nice venue. I would prefer Saturdays. Sundays are out for me.

John
Old 10-16-2011, 09:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid
1. what do you race indoor?
2. there's a nitro track in CIncy - Hamilton www.tsrcar.com
3. what days would you race?
4. do you have a website for your indoor racing?
We race dirt oval and off road indoor, and our website is www.enhobbies.com but you may actually find our facebook page is a better way to stay up to daye on tracks and racing, http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/En-...80574331996746

We race dirt oval wed night, and sunday all day, and off road on thursday nights, and all day saturday.

we do not do indoor nitro, though in the summer it is at least a tiny bit possible we'll do a nitro race, if we can get the ventilation right for it.

Check it out and feel free to ask any questions you have
Old 10-16-2011, 09:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Hey Doug,

I stopped out and took a look a few weeks back. I've decided to stay onroad carpet this winter. Are you planning on having any carpet track racing this winter?

As far as summer. Set classes, promote the snot out of it and people will show to race. Would it be in the same lot as the current shop? If so, that could be a very nice venue. I would prefer Saturdays. Sundays are out for me.

John
We will not be racing any carpet this winter, we have a pretty full schedule with the dirt oval and off road, but the indoor racing takes a dive when the weather is nice, and I remember when we had a small ez up city at the corcar track every sunday, Im just wondering if we have enough interest in it to put up a track this spring, and if so I want to start planning it now.

It would be in the parking lot in front of the store, and we would resurface the track area.. this is all contingent on working out the details with the property management group, but I think theyd be willing to let us do it.

Sorry to hear the dirt oval didn't appeal to you, but I can understand, but maybe if we can get a parking lot crowd going in the summer we can do an indoor touring car track or something..

This is slightly off topic, but I've also tossed around the idea of a slot car drag strip..
Old 10-16-2011, 09:39 PM
Tech Adept

It would likely be a saturday thing, Im pretty sure, it just makes it easier for out of town racers and stuff.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

If you do get up and running, you MIGHT be able to host a leg of the Midwest Series. We lost a club, which puts us down to a 5 race series for next season. We have been a 6 race series for quite some time. We are in the middle of a Director change, so any decisions would be for the new director. go to; www.midwestseries.com for the basics..
Old 10-26-2011, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Id like to see a offroad carpet track of some sort. Just what cbus needs i think!!
Old 11-10-2011, 06:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Is there anywhere around Columbus to race carpet anymore?
Old 11-10-2011, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigdaddyswank
+1
Old 11-10-2011, 10:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default near Columbus?

Originally Posted by Bigdaddyswank
We are about 40 minutes from Hilliard in Springfield. Track is 33 X 62 feet
http://www.indoorchamps.net/Club_Track.html