Wiki Posts
Search

25th Annual Eastern States Challenge 2011 @ Family Hobbies

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 08:26 PM
JUD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Had a great time today! I will be there Saturday for the last time this season... my son starts his fall soccer season on the 17th and for the next eight Saturdays!! Ron and Linda thanks for a smooth program... Im starting to like my ebuggy! Thanks Bovina for the water... Thanks for the grub Jay.... Im getting me a George Forman grill..
Old 09-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

was cool to see alot of people I haven't seen in a few years. Track looked really good and fun to drive as well. Never would have thought I would see the day that 1/8th scale would be at Family LOL.

Looking forward to racing with everyone again soon.....
Old 09-05-2011, 04:28 AM
Tech Regular

Default Thanks.

Thanks to Ron and Linda for all your hard work.29 years and counting, amazing.Linda thanks for the pass on marshaling. The xray came back positive.. Fractured 3rd metacarpal and some bone chips in there too. Pretty wild day. At one point I had Tom Ulmer tape my controller to my hand so I could hold it up. Jay Miller found this quite amusing. Thanks agama buggy.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Anthony Mazzara
wow what a day of racing...thanks ron and linda for all the hard work this week to make this race happen....the track was awesome today! SUGAR WATER! OMG cant wait till tomm...bring em out tomm guys.. you wont be dissapointed!
Wow not much else to say about day two...thanks again Ron and Linda and track crew..haha...I heard some people went through some tires.. awesome job to the local ae young guns Andy,mike and gunner aka g-unit..you guys really stepped it up this weekend! Almost an ae sweep Goerge ... Sorry man I couldn't let that happen. well I hope everyone had an awesome weekend like I did and can't wait till next year...thanks for the jokes all weekend mr worm...ur a mess.

Special thanks to all the guys who helped pit me yesterday sand like I said yesterday Derek aka fails....ima start calling you pass cause ur an awesome pit man....thanks again we won that truggy race!
Old 09-05-2011, 06:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

1/8th day was a absolute blast, THANKS to all!
Anthony i wish i had a slow motion video of you trying to get your truggy straight over the back double... that was funny to watch. Looked like a bi-plane trying to land in a hurricane.
Greg - Thanks for the tune. Do you have tuning classes available?
Mike - i told you so.
George - thank you for the loaner for Mike... i have a present for you and Andy.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Had a blast yesterday. The track was grooved up so nice all day and traction was insane. Racing action was so tight too. Gotta love family hobbies. Thanks for all the great years of racing. Oh yea and a black flag too. Lol
Old 09-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by UncleStudweiser
Thanks to Ron and Linda for all your hard work.29 years and counting, amazing.Linda thanks for the pass on marshaling. The xray came back positive.. Fractured 3rd metacarpal and some bone chips in there too. Pretty wild day. At one point I had Tom Ulmer tape my controller to my hand so I could hold it up. Jay Miller found this quite amusing. Thanks agama buggy.
WOW I know that Hurt I saw the Pain.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:50 AM
Tech Regular

Had a great time racing this weekend. Thanks to everyone at FHR for all of their hard work.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

thanks to everyone who helped put on a great race day on sunday. thanks Tom for the clean racing in truggy.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Tech Adept

What a weekend....Great Track, Great Program, Great Racing and Great Weather... The AE Team of young guns gathered up many wins at this Fabulous Track and are getting better every year!! But more importantly, I saw many father/son racing teams, three of which are AE Drivers, and that is just awesome. To the dads: John G, Greg, Gary, Bill, Jud, (Conner's Dad ?), Tom T, Howard & Mark’s dad, and any others I can't remember or just don’t know...You guys are the real winners. It takes a lot of sacrifice, effort and time to stay on track with your kids. We often have our hearts pounding a mile a minute hoping they get that special break during a race....and sometimes they get it, …. but more often they don’t and we must forget about our own sense of loss and deal with theirs....It's a tough thing to do...but we do it. Hats off to all the parents who stand by their children and put the time, effort and hard earned dollars into this sport. As Andy’s dad I am proud of him, his accomplishments and know that every time we leave the track… We are in Victory Lane …win or lose……and you Dad’s know what I mean. For 25 years the Eastern States has been bringing Fathers and Sons together….what a tradition………Thank you Ron & Linda and “FAMILY” Hobbies Raceway
Old 09-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PIGPENRC
thanks to everyone who helped put on a great race day on sunday. thanks Tom for the clean racing in truggy.
+1!!

Thanks Dave, that was a good time. I think you and I were right where we should have been in that A main. Man some of you guys are fast! I drive way to wild for that track! Always have a good time though.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

What a great day! Linda and Ron you guys make it look easy to pull a big race off. I heard nothing but great things about the program and track conditions throughout the pits. Thank you for all the effort you guys put every week, every year, and just about every day!

I'm loving the updated jump in the back, very cool!

The traction was insane, I have never seen it that hooked up before. My e buggy seemed like it was reacting in fast forward.

Anthony sorry again for taking you out in the 1st turn in E buggy! I thought I was going slow enough and using enough caution. But it wasn't enough and I spun you into the pipe and took your chance away from running up front with Andy. I still feel like shit about it man. Congrats on your truggy win!

The young guns from AE are really turning it up at Family. You guys are really raising the bar. Congrats Mike and Andy on your wins. Gunner was right there also.

It's really nice to see all the guys from other tracks come out to race at Family Hobbies, you all come back now ya here!
Old 09-07-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Russ G.
What a great day! Linda and Ron you guys make it look easy to pull a big race off. I heard nothing but great things about the program and track conditions throughout the pits. Thank you for all the effort you guys put every week, every year, and just about every day!

I'm loving the updated jump in the back, very cool!

The traction was insane, I have never seen it that hooked up before. My e buggy seemed like it was reacting in fast forward.

Anthony sorry again for taking you out in the 1st turn in E buggy! I thought I was going slow enough and using enough caution. But it wasn't enough and I spun you into the pipe and took your chance away from running up front with Andy. I still feel like shit about it man. Congrats on your truggy win!

The young guns from AE are really turning it up at Family. You guys are really raising the bar. Congrats Mike and Andy on your wins. Gunner was right there also.

It's really nice to see all the guys from other tracks come out to race at Family Hobbies, you all come back now ya here!
Were you there?
Old 09-07-2011, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Whosold
Were you there?
I was there, but I did not see any of your mulberries in the A-mains. Calling you B-main Boorman would be telling a lye.