Community
Wiki Posts
Search

East Coast Shoot-Out Race Oct 16th

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The outdoor track is 2 2x4's stacked ontop of each other. The indoor carpet track will be the same way by carpet season. But currently they are using the sucky RoadRail system inside. It looked good. But turned out to be an Evil Conevil launching system!! So we are opting for wood this winter.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by KilRuf
The outdoor track is 2 2x4's stacked ontop of each other. The indoor carpet track will be the same way by carpet season. But currently they are using the sucky RoadRail system inside. It looked good. But turned out to be an Evil Conevil launching system!! So we are opting for wood this winter.
You got that right about the Roadrail System. Great Idea, but needs to be a tad bit taller, and less of a ramp....Will you have the wood by the shootout? If it rains that is...
Old 09-16-2004, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

I'm not really sure, I'll have to get with the track owner. And I'll press him on that issue.. It shouldn't be too hard. I'll have a discussion this weekend about it. We are also gonna put plastic flappers on the ends of the boards for the corners. Hopefully this'll cut down on broken cars and rally racing action. The layout will not be hard at all. More like a Snowbirds layout (since some of use are heading to the Birds again next year.. ) But our last layout kinda turned on some of the faster guys and turned off some of the novice ones. So rather than loose people.. we'll make it inbetween. Here is the last layout...
Attached Thumbnails East Coast Shoot-Out Race Oct 16th-layout04225.jpg  
Old 09-16-2004, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Here's a pic from the Roar Region 3 Electric and Nitro Touring Race. It give ya some idea as to outdoor track size...
Attached Thumbnails East Coast Shoot-Out Race Oct 16th-reg3nitro3.jpg  
Old 09-16-2004, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Kilruf- I know it intimidated some people, but that layout was awesome.

The race I miss will probably turn out to be the best of the year, .
Old 09-16-2004, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Well you know me, I'll race on anything... as long as we have the people to do it. I think that layout would have been nicer though if it was wood instead of RoadRails. And if we had just one more small straight away to let our bung holes rest alittle more.. haha Instead it was... clench, clench, clench, clench, clench, clench....... release... ahhhhhhhh..... clench, clench, clench... lol
Old 09-16-2004, 08:47 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I looked at the pics better and the track should be pretty easy on the cars. They are nice smooth wood looking barriers so parts breakage looks pretty low.
Old 09-17-2004, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

If your car is handling right.. or decent, then you shouldn't break anything. I very rarely break anything outdoors. If I do it's usually when I'm testing setups or during racing if someone T-Bones my car in a turn. Other than that... no problems. Of course I do race a Tamiya right now (not sure if I will for the Shoot-Out) but it's a pretty durable car. Of course knowing how to drive also helps out. There is a kid who races spec... well he breaks his TC3 just about every run out there! But he's just a kid... so ya can't blame him... oh nooo... gotta poop! BRB.....
Old 09-17-2004, 09:02 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally posted by KilRuf
If your car is handling right.. or decent, then you shouldn't break anything. I very rarely break anything outdoors. If I do it's usually when I'm testing setups or during racing if someone T-Bones my car in a turn. Other than that... no problems. Of course I do race a Tamiya right now (not sure if I will for the Shoot-Out) but it's a pretty durable car. Of course knowing how to drive also helps out. There is a kid who races spec... well he breaks his TC3 just about every run out there! But he's just a kid... so ya can't blame him... oh nooo... gotta poop! BRB.....
If your running your 415 you shouldn't have any problems breaking stuff. I should be fine with my Cuda.

Track looks pretty food. SHould be a great time.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

How many people should be at this race and what kind of tires do you run at this track?
Old 09-20-2004, 08:50 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

I just bought a few pairs of Sorex last night on R/C tech. I will get some TakeOffs to.

I was wondering what they are going to run as the track temps will more than likely be cool.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

I can't say how many will show up. I know some from around here will be there. Some from SC, VA, and MD. But total numbers nobody knows.

I've ran Sorex and Takeoff tires at this track. So you'll be good with those. As for temperature, I don't remember what the temp was last year in October. I can only guess 32R or 28R for Sorex and 27's or 22's for Takeoff. But that's just a guess. The track only stocks premounted Takeoffs. And unmounted Takeoff 37s.

Lately for me it's been 32R and 36R.

This is for electric. As for Nitro... I have no clue. I don't race nitro. And I have seen many different brands run out there... from Jaco to Ellegi. And no clue on shore either. 42 front 40 rear? I dunno. I'll have to ask around.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:02 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Kilruf can I call the track shop and have them hold some tires for me. That way I don't have to be trying to order from all over the place. What price are the premounts? If they are 20 bucks like Speedtech or less then I will just get them from the shop at the track. I would be looking for 1 set of 22's and at least 2 sets of 27's in the Take offs.

Brian
Old 09-20-2004, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

What? Speedtech has them for $20??? Not here, I think the price over all for Takeoff Premounts went up. I think they are now $35 here. Wait.. just check... I saw them for $32 over at Speedtech... Hmmm I dunno.. Anyways.. $35 here (i'm pretty sure they are that price). There's not racing this weekend. And the owner is out of town for the week. But if you really needed a couple sets, I can have him hold them for you next time we race. Just let me know.

Jimmy Mac
Old 09-20-2004, 07:56 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Thanks Jimmy. If I need to I will let you know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.