Mushroom Bowl MBRC 2011 Offroad Racing -- Kennett Square, PA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mushroom Bowl MBRC 2011 Offroad Racing -- Kennett Square, PA

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Prophet

man i had fun today i like the track its challegeing for sure its a decent size track.
first time running a 1/8 e truggy had to run with the nitro truggys but its actually kind of close in laptimes .

if there was just a few more e truggys it could of been a seperate class !
the hobby shop is nice and well stock with things you actually need and the prices are good man !

the only thing that i feel could be improved, is a earlyier starting time espially like me and some others that live kind of far from the track im not putting it down or anything like that just a suggestion .

but everything else is good .

but i had a good day for a first time coming to this track.

and the rc8t and the rc8 are really good on these types of tracks .

Last edited by tc5 man; 06-18-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
man i had fun today i like the track its challegeing for sure its a decent size track.
first time running a 1/8 e truggy had to run with the nitro truggys but its actually kind of close in laptimes .

if there was just a few more e truggys it could of been a seperate class !
the hobby shop is nice and well stock with things you actually need and the prices are good man !

the only thing that i feel could be improved, is a earlyier starting time espially like me and some others that live kind of far from the track im not putting it down or anything like that just a suggestion .

but everything else is good .

but i had a good day for a first time coming to this track.

and the rc8t and the rc8 are really good on these types of tracks .
I had a great time racing as well at Mushroom Bowl. Nice facilities with indoor pit, electric, bathroom, and hobby shop. The track was awesome! It's really conducive to SC trucks and not to mention truggies and buggies. You can really tell because there were nice head to head racing with very little crashes on the jumps. The marshalls had and easy time there today. Also the owner, Jim, is really doing a great job there. Very friendly and pleasant place to race. I'll definitely race there again and this time, I will bring my son.

TC5MAn, it was nice meeting you. I will post some vids later. Had some nice shots of you and Larry.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:22 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by highsiderider
I had a great time racing as well at Mushroom Bowl. Nice facilities with indoor pit, electric, bathroom, and hobby shop. The track was awesome! It's really conducive to SC trucks and not to mention truggies and buggies. You can really tell because there were nice head to head racing with very little crashes on the jumps. The marshalls had and easy time there today. Also the owner, Jim, is really doing a great job there. Very friendly and pleasant place to race. I'll definitely race there again and this time, I will bring my son.

TC5MAn, it was nice meeting you. I will post some vids later. Had some nice shots of you and Larry.

nice meeting you too thanks for video tapeing me and the vids man that "4c 5000 mah 50c i used in the main was wicked omg lol.

but i am thinking about getting some pairs of bowtie truggy tires so they dont clog up you know.

i might be back after next weekend or soon sometime.
larry will be back the next time and other people he knows with truggys and sc etc.

your defietly right it needs to run at least 40c or 50c lipos
Old 06-18-2011, 10:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

nice meeting you too thanks for video tapeing me and the vids man that "4c 5000 mah 50c i used in the main was wicked omg lol.
Here is one vid of you and Larry. Quality is not that great but it's good enough. I will post other ones later.

.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fLEmhr6GcI

Last edited by highsiderider; 06-18-2011 at 10:01 PM. Reason: none
Old 06-19-2011, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

What is the address for the track ???
Old 06-19-2011, 03:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by dodgeboy
What is the address for the track ???
Take at look at this link it's a nice website
http://www.mushroombowl.com/

Another video of Mushroom Bowl test run of SC truck.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUkh0qdHqjg

Last edited by highsiderider; 06-19-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys I'm not new to the rc world but i haven't raced in about two years and i use to race at the bowl and blue diamond but i raced on road and i want to get back in to racing and after looking at the classes i want to do the 2wd short course 17.5 class and i wanted to know what kit should i get. I was looking at either the Associated SC10 factory team kit or the HPI Blitz ESE Pro kit im currently in North Carolina til the beginning of july so i have plenty of time to decide but i would like a little advice since i know nothing about these short course trucks and im open to any other short course kits thanks in advance
Old 06-20-2011, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Miles15
Hey guys I'm not new to the rc world but i haven't raced in about two years and i use to race at the bowl and blue diamond but i raced on road and i want to get back in to racing and after looking at the classes i want to do the 2wd short course 17.5 class and i wanted to know what kit should i get. I was looking at either the Associated SC10 factory team kit or the HPI Blitz ESE Pro kit im currently in North Carolina til the beginning of july so i have plenty of time to decide but i would like a little advice since i know nothing about these short course trucks and im open to any other short course kits thanks in advance
I would go with an SC10 personally or a Losi XXX-SCT. I'm not a big fan of the Blitz.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:32 PM
Tech Prophet

Here is one vid of you and Larry. Quality is not that great but it's good enough. I will post other ones later.

.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fLEmhr6GcI

nice man thanks do you have anymore of the truggys races ?
bad news i have to send in my brushless system the mamba monster to get fixed the day after racing i turned the speedo on and it had a low start up sound.

when i turned the switch on the motor had no punch really at all not much power.

i never overheaded the motor or the speedo just the motor got warm the fan never turned on the esc its weird maybe i needed to go a pinion down not sure

miles: yea i whould go with the sc10 man, i had the chance of driving one in the parking lot not the dirt but its so smooth and turns good grated it did have the factory sc10 shocks on it .
Old 06-20-2011, 01:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by kuruption
I would go with an SC10 personally or a Losi XXX-SCT. I'm not a big fan of the Blitz.
well i just like what comes with the blitz and sc10 the losi looks like they just took the rtr and got rid of the electronics
Old 06-20-2011, 02:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

nice man thanks do you have anymore of the truggys races ?

bad news i have to send in my brushless system the mamba monster to get fixed the day after racing i turned the speedo on and it had a low start up sound.

when i turned the switch on the motor had no punch really at all not much power.

i never overheaded the motor or the speedo just the motor got warm the fan never turned on the esc its weird maybe i needed to go a pinion down not sure .
I'm in the process of posting another vid taken from the driver stand. It's only about 1:30 sec or so though.Nonetheless, it's a good vid of the TC5man. It should be up soon. I'll post the link here. Here it is.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5kWK_2i5ts

That's too bad your motor went south on you. You had such a great run on Saturday. I know it's obvious but just in case, check your battery ....Also,
to eliminate the esc as being the problem, plug another motor to the esc to see if that works. If it does, then you definitely know it's the motor. If it doesn't work then maybe your esc is bad.

Last edited by highsiderider; 06-20-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:55 PM
Tech Prophet

I'm in the process of posting another vid taken from the driver stand. It's only about 1:30 sec or so though.Nonetheless, it's a good vid of the TC5man. It should be up soon. I'll post the link here.

That's too bad your motor went south on you. You had such a great run on Saturday. I know it's obvious but just in case, check your battery ....Also,
to eliminate the esc as being the problem, plug another motor to the esc to see if that works. If it does, then you definitely know it's the motor. If it doesn't work then maybe your esc is bad.

i wish i had a other sensoredless motor to test it but i dont the "2c lipo was fully charged and balanced to test it out and it was doing it so i dont know . im starting to wonder if it has anything to do with using a lipo less "4c 40c but in the main i was using a "4c 50c lipo and it was fine.
i have a nimh battery but i think its shot i havent used it in a long time.

but yea whenever you can post my other video.
thanks for the comment.

Last edited by tc5 man; 06-20-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:04 AM
Tech Adept

so how did everyone like the new S turn? it definatly made it fun thru there. the roller after it worked out well. as soon as we get the right dirt we will have a new rhythm section after the roller. sorry about the delay in the morning, we had few inches of water on the track at one spot and that new dirt we had delivered was the wrong stuff and was WAY too rocky so we had to shovel it all off. but the track ended up working well.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Take at look at this link it's a nice website
http://www.mushroombowl.com/

Another video of Mushroom Bowl test run of SC truck.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUkh0qdHqjg
Thanks I just wish you guys were running on Sundays I work every day but that one
Old 06-21-2011, 12:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxfastguy35
so how did everyone like the new S turn? it definatly made it fun thru there. the roller after it worked out well. as soon as we get the right dirt we will have a new rhythm section after the roller. sorry about the delay in the morning, we had few inches of water on the track at one spot and that new dirt we had delivered was the wrong stuff and was WAY too rocky so we had to shovel it all off. but the track ended up working well.
I liked the S turn alot. The drainage trench played into it very well. It makes the track a bit more technical and there are still plenty of wide open sections.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.