Wiki Posts
Search

Mushroom Bowl MBRC 2011 Offroad Racing -- Kennett Square, PA

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by koopesv
Losi XXX sct on the way cant wait to take it to MB
Taking a look at one myself...Might order one a week b4 opening day. Still love the Blitz, but tired of changing diff outdrives...Currently learning the SC10. Total different drive from the Blitz.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by DJ919
Taking a look at one myself...Might order one a week b4 opening day. Still love the Blitz, but tired of changing diff outdrives...Currently learning the SC10. Total different drive from the Blitz.
I was gonna get another Blitz but I wanted to try something new hope I didnt make the wrong choice. The Blitz was so easy and simple to set up and work on, from the looks of the manual the XXX has a lot of tuning options.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:12 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DJ919
DJ the Losi is much easier to drive and set up, its got more shock location holes then the AE so that helps too. me and Steve have been running them all winter at Bumps and Jumps and Motorama, The Losi seems a lot more planted and corrects well. and the over all quality of the truck seems good, everything is very tight. if you get one just make that your 17.5 truck and put the stock electronics in your AE lol. you going to be running at the bowl this year?
Old 03-08-2011, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mxfastguy35
DJ the Losi is much easier to drive and set up, its got more shock location holes then the AE so that helps too. me and Steve have been running them all winter at Bumps and Jumps and Motorama, The Losi seems a lot more planted and corrects well. and the over all quality of the truck seems good, everything is very tight. if you get one just make that your 17.5 truck and put the stock electronics in your AE lol. you going to be running at the bowl this year?
Is this Adam?...If so , first let me give you a congrats on the Motorama performance Bro...Nice work!... Hey man you should call Losi and tell them you just sold an XXX SCT..LOL...Im on it!
Yes sirrrr,,,the majority of my Short course racing will be at the Bowl...Diving into some 8th scale action as well.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:48 AM
Tech Adept

yup this is adam lol, thanks! it was a blast you should have came with us. we will be running 1/8 at the bowl too so you can run it all at the bowl! electric or nitro? were going to be making the track wider so it will fit 1/8 easily. were getting into 4wd SC trucks too. i just got the new losi 4wd last week, they are going to be fast, i had it out on sat and its fun on the track. planning on running off road during the day and oval under the lights every weekend instead of switching weeks. i believe the "twilight oval" series will be cheaper too but those are details i believe are still working on.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

I couldn't take the time off work to get there during the week...I checked some pics from facebook pages, and youtube...Looked like a blast!

I ordered those toe in parts for the SC10, but I'm definitely picking up the Losi...I use to run a couple Matt Francis edition XXXTs a few years back down at Family...Loved those track magnets..Still sorry that I got ride of them...If the XXX-sct plants and handles like the truck it's based off of, than it's a no brainer for me...My lady will be racing a lot more this season as well with the Blitz. Im just tired of changing diff outdrives in that truck. Everything about the tracks sounds great...That's a good idea to run offroad during the day, and the oval under the lights...It looks to be a busy rc racing spring and summer..That's a good thing.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

I will come up to MB to check it out, is the track hard packed or loamy. I want to get the right tires. Just wanting on my electronics and Im good to go, just need to get a body painted.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:30 AM
Tech Adept

the track is hard pack with a little loose stuff on the top. a soft compound pin tire works pretty good. i am going to try out the Jconcepts DD's. goosebumps work good and AKA enduros seem to be good too. super softs work good but don't last very long. med last a while but don't hook up the best. depending on your setup and driving style the Jconcepts subcultures work good if you slide the back end through turns. i loved those tires on the dirt oval last year.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Track will change before the beginning of the season when put it through it's face lift. I expect the track will end up similar to other tracks in the area... hard packed clay track with minor dust, but who knows. I picked up some Subcultures to run on my 4wd Losi truck, and plan to get Sevens on my buggy and truggy.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Im gonna bring my T4 for some mod action this year. what kinda turnout do you guys get for 2wd truck? I may run 1/8 buggy also if I can get it together.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cweb
Im gonna bring my T4 for some mod action this year. what kinda turnout do you guys get for 2wd truck? I may run 1/8 buggy also if I can get it together.
Last year we ran mostly short course and buggy, couple people with trucks but no real class for them at that point, so we ran them with the short course.

We would really like to have a truck class, though, so please come out, and if the turn out is low, and if you don't have an issue running with the short course, we can put you with them.

It's a chicken and egg problem, ya know
Old 03-12-2011, 12:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

anyone racing in the box stock class max
Old 03-14-2011, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I think this is going to be my go-to offroad track this year. This will be my first outdoor season since coming out of retirement. What will the 2wd mod buggy class look like this year? Is it worth picking up a B4.1?

Dave F
Old 03-14-2011, 11:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Flagler
I think this is going to be my go-to offroad track this year. This will be my first outdoor season since coming out of retirement. What will the 2wd mod buggy class look like this year? Is it worth picking up a B4.1?

Dave F
Hi Dave,

You're more than welcome to join us! We have a few guys with buggies that will be enough to make a class. Exact turn out is hard to guess, but I think we should see at least 2 heats every week.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Just a reminder that the Annual March Muscle Car Madness is this weekend at Da' Bowl!!!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...room-bowl.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.