Wiki Posts
Search

RCOS: Maryland/Virginia. It's time to talk it out

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 04:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Foams

I've looked and no one around me has foams only for the SC and 1/8 tires. How will this effect our spec tire rules, Will we be able to run whatever tire if the foams dont come in?
Old 03-31-2011, 05:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mdhyams
I've looked and no one around me has foams only for the SC and 1/8 tires. How will this effect our spec tire rules, Will we be able to run whatever tire if the foams dont come in?
contact Waldorf RC ... they are in Maryland but have some racers coming down to race ...
Old 03-31-2011, 05:13 AM
Tech Elite

I'm not sure who you are so I can't say how this will effect you but only members of the RCOS that are competing for the series #1 ranking are required to run the spec tires. If you aren't a member and are not running for the 2012 rankings then you can run anything. You can also run any foam you want in those tires. You can also buy tires with foams already in them from the LHS if they have tham and use those foams. As well as AKA foams wear and last I never thought finding foams would be a problem.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

quick question ... if in series running spec tire ... once teched do you have to qualify with spec tire throughout day ... example .. can you tq with hole shots then run cityblocks in main ... i doubt it but wanted to ask ... thanks .... Homer you ARE the man .... Mother Nature is pushin it .. traction should be incredible
Old 03-31-2011, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

No you must run the same tires or at least cityblocks. read out very unique rules, especially the tire rules and let me know if you have anymore questions.

rcos Rules
2011 Racing Season rules are as follows:

rules
all racers are eligible to race any RCOS events without spec tires - their points will simply not be tabulated.

entry fees for all RCOS events will be $20.
tire rules
spec tires and wheels will be used at all RCOS events - every RCOS member competing at the event will be running the same tires and wheels.

tires and wheels must be registered by RCOS - approved tires and wheels will be inspected by an RCOS official and branded

only one set of approved RCOS spec tires for each class you run will be allowed to be in your possession.

approved spec tires can not be swapped out from class to class or person to person.

additional registered RCOS spec tires can only be purchased after the initial approved set is disqualified from further RCOS competition. The disqualified set can no longer be used at RCOS events and will be marked as disqualified.

discounted tires can be purchased by RCOS members only.

the top 3 qualifiers from every round will be teched for the approved spec tires. additionally all main competitors will be teched as well.

one new set of approved spec tires can be purchased prior to the start of each event without penalty.

additional tires can be purchased during racing at the cost of 1 point. that's right, you lose points for using tires.

tire bonus points can be earned for making your tires last. the first race on a new set of tires has no bonus.use that same set for the 2nd race and earn 1 bonus point. each race after that 2nd race earns 2 points per race for the same set of tires.

broken tires and wheels can be replaced individually - not entire sets.

unglued tires are not considered broken

all racers are eligible to race any RCOS events without spec tires - their points will simply not be tabulated.

racing format
3 qualifiers and single A-mains will be run in each event - weather and time permitting.

qualifying length for 1/8 buggy and 1/8 truggy classes will be 6 minutes.

qualifying length for short course classes and 1/8 electric classes will be 9 minutes.

ALL nitro mains will be 20 minutes. ALL electric mains will be 10 minutes.

3 positions from each lower main will bump and the final A-main will have 12 racers compete if the drivers stans allows.

general
you do not have to be an RCOS member to race in an RCOS event. your points will simply not be tabulated.

you do not have to run RCOS approved tires at an RCOS event. your points will simply not be tabulated.
tq of each class will be awarded one point. points will be based off the total number of entries. For example, you will be awarded one point for each entry in a given class. For example, if there are 20 racers in your class there will be 20 points awarded.

an additional bonus point will be awarded for early sign up (payment not required) TWO days prior to the event via RCSignUp.com or ONE day prior to the event at the track location of event weekend.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

There are a few up dates in those rules and are a bit different than the RCOS.biz site.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

As of right now we have 39 entries on RC Signup

Shane go and sign up now and be done with it.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

cool 39 entries and im sure at least 20 of the local guys will show ..... that should make for a great day of racing ..... come on guys get signed up ....
Old 03-31-2011, 06:10 AM
Tech Addict

Default tires

I plan on running for the points but if I cant get the right tires/foams then what. I ordered tires from your webpage and sent a message saying I would pick them up at the track. I checked Awesome, hobbytown, etc and none carry the foams only. So if this is the case then what?
Old 03-31-2011, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Mike I do see that you are member now and you purchased tires. Thank you very much. SC and buggy use the same foams. If you have older AKA foams you are set. I also got your message there.

I will be in an Orange VW Beetle and I will be in the scoring booth area. I should arrivre between noon and 2 pm. I'm just not sure how long it will take me to get there. I leave here at 8 am. I will be broadcasting live on the road on the Total RC Network.TV
Old 03-31-2011, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

Mike do you have any cityblocks now new or used that are race ready. Does any of those places carry aka tires with foams. You do not have to purchase the tires from me. You can get them elsewhere or use stuff you already have. You do not have to start out with new tires purchased from me. If you still can't make any of the above work I will cut out some old foams from tires and bring. Will this be ok. have you tired the thunder Alley hobby shop?
Old 03-31-2011, 06:23 AM
Tech Addict

Default Tires

Neither place has AKA Tires in the right compound, etc. I have never ran AKA tires before so I dont have foams, etc. I can try the hobby shop there when I arrive. I just dont think its fair to not score someone if the series requires a spec tire but does not have the required items available.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

dude relax, you obviously don't know me too well. I am all about fairness, finding solutions to problems and making sure the racer comes first in all things I do. Also no one said you wouldn't be scored. Now you said they do not have the right compound but they do have tires with foams. You do this then, purchase any aka SC and buggy tire you can with foams. Take the foams out and bring me the tires. I will trade you for the cityblocks I have. Also you may have thought my offer of older AKA foams was an insult but since you have never run AKA stuff you may not know that AKA foams last for may sets of tires. Let me know if this will help. if not we will try something else.

Yes this time it is my fault for not having the foams but also waiting until the last day to get your tires is not the best idea either. If need be we can bend the rules for my error but let's hope we do not have to.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Another note about tires. I will not have a never ending supply of tires. I too have a budget and we all know how tight things are. It will be best to reserve your tires at least two weeks in advance just in case something like the above happens to you. The tire rule was created to lessen the costs of racing not to put a burden on the racer or me. We all need to work together to help keep the cost down for everyone.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

More tire stuff....

You do not have to practice with your race tires. It is suggested that you save them for racing only to try and maximize your tire bonus points. Guys who are running for the series points need to have your tires branded by me. Please do not wait until right before racing to do this. It only takes a few seconds but I can do a much neater job if it's not last minute. Please read the tire rules again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.