Wiki Posts
Search

RC4 AMBrc Hybrid transponder

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default RC4 AMBrc Hybrid transponder

Can anyone tell me if the new RC4 in compatible with most current AMBs? I know it is but will it require an upgrade to an older scoring system. I am about to purchase a pt and if this one will work without any additonal software having to be loaded onto the track scoring system it would be perfect. Please help
Old 01-16-2011, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

From everything we've read... and what Mylaps says.. it is compatible with the AMBrc, and AMBrc3 decoders.... if you just want it to count laps.

Now if you want to take advantage of its other features, your track will have to have an rc4 decoder... this was supposed to come out last spring... but its still not out. I imagine it will need a software upgrade too.

I've had racers use them with my rc3 decoder, and they work fine. Has to, or it wouldn't be worth buying... no decoder for it
Old 01-17-2011, 05:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Thanks for the help

Originally Posted by Ed Anderson
From everything we've read... and what Mylaps says.. it is compatible with the AMBrc, and AMBrc3 decoders.... if you just want it to count laps.

Now if you want to take advantage of its other features, your track will have to have an rc4 decoder... this was supposed to come out last spring... but its still not out. I imagine it will need a software upgrade too.

I've had racers use them with my rc3 decoder, and they work fine. Has to, or it wouldn't be worth buying... no decoder for it
I greatly appreciate your help Mr Anderson