R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Racing Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum-6/)
-   -   ORL in West Chester Pa. (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/44962-orl-west-chester-pa.html)

John Tag 07-12-2004 05:43 PM

ORL in West Chester Pa.

Lets get this party started early. The race at the Alpine was great yesterday, Ray Murry is one class guy looking foward to the next ORL race. Aug. 8th isnt that far away so dont let it pass ya by.

wyd 07-12-2004 05:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pics or track:

wyd 07-12-2004 05:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The part of the track that hurts ya:

wyd 07-12-2004 05:59 PM

Glitching is a huge problem at the track for most of the electric cars. For some reason the nitro cars do not have this problem. Be aware and do the glitching fighting things you can do so you won't have this problem. Glitching and hitting walls here will tear you car up!!!!!!!!!!!:nod:

Track is pretty big but traction is kinda low, at least at the start of the day.

John Tag 07-12-2004 06:02 PM

Is the track anywhere near the PA tpk.? Just trying to plan travel route

wyd 07-12-2004 06:07 PM

Originally posted by John Tag
You get off at the Downingtown/WestChester exit. From the exit it is like 15 minutes or so.

John you have a new PM.

Brian

John Tag 07-12-2004 06:15 PM

do you have a address for there so I can mapquest.

rcguy2477 07-12-2004 06:50 PM

www.galaxyhobbies.com

the track is about 150' by 75' and most of the lanes are at least 10' if not 15'. The track is easy to learn, but yes, the pipes can be brutal if you hit them.

For the glitching, half of the drivers stand was moved to the opposite side of the track near the strait, and from my understanding it helped with the glitching, but not totally. About half of the people who normally race here have had glitching problems. I dont know if this is accurate, but according too a fellow racer, the only time he glitched was when he had an epic endbell:confused:

ProTeam 07-12-2004 07:06 PM

RE

If you race at this track make sure you have parts. For all of the TC3's out there make sure you bring extra arms, hubs, knuckles and so forth. Xray's just need c-hubs and knuckles and turn buckle ends. That will help you if you do break. Gliching is another thing too. Try you best to fix it that's all I can say.

John Tag 07-12-2004 07:10 PM

Just saw on there web that they have wed. night practice is that old or are they running wed. night practice.If so is the track usally good (pretty clean). I would like to shoot up there to try things out before hand so I dont have to worry about that glitch deal raceday.

rcguy2477 07-12-2004 07:40 PM

As far as i know, they still have the wednesday practice. The track is usually pretty clean. The practices are $6, he sets up the lap counting system and tells your laps.

wyd 07-12-2004 09:09 PM

Originally posted by John Tag
Pa Turnpike to the Downingtown Exit. Pay your toll.:D After the toll both take Route 100 towards Downingtown. Follow for about 7 miles or so. You will go thru the town of Exton. After that it is another 5 mile or so til you take the High Street Exit to stop. Follow HighSt til you get to Market St. Turn Right and follow to the Kentucky Fried Chicken and Turn Right. Thru 2 stop signs. At 2nd stop their will be a JunkYard on your right. Go straight in your in the parking lot of the hobby shop and Borderline Skate park. Go around to the back.

Or John I can meet you at the Downing town Turnpike toll booth. I can sit off to the right and wait for you to arrive. I can then pay my toll and you guys can follow me to the track. We can make plans closer to the ORL race and pick a time to meet off the exit.

Brian

John Fontaine 07-13-2004 05:01 AM

Get ready for the pipes guys. Tracks nice a flowing, but watch out for the couplers. Fastest line might not be the fastest if you clip a coupler and you're out of the race. WYD, me and a lot of the local guys know this already. :)

Tracks very fast for nitro as well, low 11 sec lap times is nice for a 150x75' track. Mod electric can get there too :)

See you guys there.

John

Bob Barry 07-13-2004 09:48 AM

I raced there memorial day weekend and everyone complained the track was loose. I in turn was tight. I'll be going there this weekend to run and test some stuff with my new car so I'll be able to give a better response. Also I ran rubber tires (CS-27's) I plan on running foams this weekend though. Ill keep you guys posted as soon as I get some results.

wyd 07-13-2004 12:33 PM

It is normally loose at the beginning of the day but gets better as the day goes on. It is unprepared asphalt and they don't put any sugar water or VHT down to get traction early so hope that alot of gas cars run to help out with traction. My car is never too bad in mod. By race time the track is coming around.