Wiki Posts
Search

2010 Cape Fear Invitational - Sept 18th - 19th - Fuquay Varina, NC

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)
Default 2010 Cape Fear Invitational - Sept 18th - 19th - Fuquay Varina, NC

Many thanks to Jamie Tucker who is organizing this event. It should be GREAT! Check out the flyer below, and the mail in signup form is attached to this post. If you are going to attend this event, please signup early and get your pre-payments in....if you wait until the day of the event, the entry fees are more expensive.

You may also signup for this event on RCSignup.com at the following link: http://events.rcsignup.com/events/di...nt.cfm?ID=1614

Hope to see you all there! It's going to be a HUUUGE 2-day event. Let's get a big crowd here and have 2 awesome days of racing....

Here is a video of the track layout. 2 laps from one of our local pro drivers Brian King in his Truggy equipped with a Werks B5 engine I believe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4dAh...layer_embedded

Here is an aerial view of the track when it was 90% complete. Video above is 100% Complete.

Attached Files

Last edited by MotoGod; 08-04-2010 at 08:00 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Video and Aerial Photo added so you can see what kind of facility is holding this event. Here are some of our features:

- 1100+ linear foot high speed technical track layout made of a top layer of red clay
- Covered 15 driver driver's stand
- Elevated Pit Row
- Electricity all through the pits (bring an extension cord)
- PLENTY of pit space for everyone
- Outer wall covering 60% of the track's footprint to stop runaways and keep the cars on the track
- Concession Stand run by one of our members family
- ToyTown Hobby Shop (http://www.toytownhobbyshop.com) close by (3 miles or so, but some parts on hand as well)
- Track is blown off and watered between heats and before the mains
- Great local member base, and a few pros have run here as well and all left with a smile
Old 08-04-2010, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Camping is also allowed at the track. Forgot to mention that! If anyone has questions, feel free to PM me.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Bumping it up.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Morning Bump again....anyone within a few hours of North Carolina really should come check out the track. It's going to be a very fun event! If you are going to attend, remember to pre-enter and pay so you can save some $$$. If you register at the track it's going to cost you a bit more the day of the event.

4 rounds of qualifying will be run on Saturday September 18th, and then the Electric Mains will run the morning of Sunday the 19th and Nitro Mains will start at 1PM on Sunday the 19th.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:39 AM
Tech Elite

Sunday Bump.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I wanted to come out to this event, but my wife has to work that weekend witch killed it for me. We might be able to swing out on a regular event soon. Your one of the closer big tracks to Fayetteville so I have been wanting to get my sons out there, to get a little racing in. Bump for NC Racing......
Old 08-09-2010, 07:06 AM
Tech Adept

I cant wait for this race. Jamie has spent a ton of time on this event and it is one of the best facilities on the east coast.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Sponsors

I spent all morning contacting more sponsors.....
Looks like there is going to be a ton of doorprizes etc!!!
Old 08-10-2010, 03:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

I will be in the field with the Marine Corps for the rest of this week. If you have any unanswered questions, please PM Motogod. He knows all the details.

Also, Please get your preregistation in on Rc Signup. If you don't pay right now thats fine, but it really helps with the product support for giveaways etc. I think we can crack 150 maybe even 200. Lets get signed up now to show our intent!!

Thanks Motogod for all the assistance,
Jamie
Old 08-10-2010, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Anytime Jamie. I can't wait to race this event myself man. We've been talking about this all season....now it's go time. Let's get pre-entered for this one guys. We'd love to know how many guys to expect for this awesome 2 day event.

Any questions....just shoot me a PM. We'll get them answered ASAP for you.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Signups are slowing rolling in.....let's get them rolling a bit faster ;-) Jamie has done a TON of legwork to make this a great weekend of racing. Let's pay him back by leaving no pit space open! ;-)
Old 08-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Brandon Melton just confirmed he will be here as well for this event. Should be some goooood racing guys!
Old 08-12-2010, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

This will be a great race for any of those reading from out of state not sure wether to come out. Jamie is a great race director and will have a great race. The track is second to none on the east coast. There will be many great drivers in attendance, some who may not use online registration, competition will be at a premium.

Jamie- I know it's a ton of work already, but maybe getting some lodging info on here for some to know where to stay. Many small towns around and although a hotel may be listed as another town, may be a close drive.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
This will be a great race for any of those reading from out of state not sure wether to come out. Jamie is a great race director and will have a great race. The track is second to none on the east coast. There will be many great drivers in attendance, some who may not use online registration, competition will be at a premium.

Jamie- I know it's a ton of work already, but maybe getting some lodging info on here for some to know where to stay. Many small towns around and although a hotel may be listed as another town, may be a close drive.
Brandon,
Bruce has contacted a few hotels already. We are working some deals.... Looks like the closer hotels will run around $65-$80 per night if I reserve a block of 10 rooms or more. Problem is, I will have to pay for half the rooms if they don't rent. I plan to contact the hotels myself within a few days and try to get the details out No Later Than Monday. I know a few guys are coming from Va, I hope several are inbound from SC and maybe even a couple from Ga.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.