Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Pictures via Face Book!

Old 07-05-2010, 01:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks Control Freaks for the awesome event!! Can't wait to apply all the things I've learned at this race for the regionals!
Old 07-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

While this topic is still alive, I gotta ask: Anyone know anything about the August 1st onroad race entry fee? I hear it's big and I plan on making it, I just have to know how much to get in. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Now that thats over, are the Regionals going to be a 2 day event like last year? Would be nice and I'm sure the turn out will be heavy for it!
Old 07-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

^my votes for 2 days
Old 07-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Well, finally got some sleep! Wanted to say thanks to Kenny and the entire ControlFreakz crew for the great event. Everyone seemed to have a great time and enjoy themselves. Looking forward to the next event at this track. they put on a first class event for the ones that missed it. Make sure to go next time, you will not be disappointed.

Congrats to Toso on his 1/8 scale win and to Serpent for the TQ and Win in both classes. Also wanted to thank the people that tried the new ContactRC tires and enjoyed the new wheels.

Till next time,

DJ Apolaro
Old 07-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Well, finally got some sleep! Wanted to say thanks to Kenny and the entire ControlFreakz crew for the great event. Everyone seemed to have a great time and enjoy themselves. Looking forward to the next event at this track. they put on a first class event for the ones that missed it. Make sure to go next time, you will not be disappointed.

Congrats to Toso on his 1/8 scale win and to Serpent for the TQ and Win in both classes. Also wanted to thank the people that tried the new ContactRC tires and enjoyed the new wheels.

Till next time,

DJ Apolaro
hey DJ will u post the set up on the serpent site?
Old 07-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default NYRC LIVE

HELLO EVERYBODY AS EVERYONE HAS SEEN RICHARD SIRIANO AND MYSELF HAVE BEEN POSTING SOME COMMENTARY ON LAST LOCAL RACE AT FLOYD AND THE NOVAROSSI CHALLENGE THIS WEEKEND ..WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED AND TOOK TIME OUT TO GIVE INTERVIEWS AND ARE PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THAT NYRC LIVE IS IN THE WORKS..BY OVERWHELMING DEMAND!!

NEW YORK REMOTE CONTROL LIVE SOON COMING TO CABLE . NYRC LIVE WILL HAVE RACE COVERAGE AS WELL AS INFORMATIVE TUTORIALS AND SEMINARS BY TEAM DRIVERS WITH TIPS FOR THE RACER OR THE BASHER.
NYRC LIVE WILL ALSO HAVE HI DEFINITION VIDEO OF MAINS ,ALONG WITH HIGH DEF PICTURES SO IF YOU MISS THE RACE YOU CAN FEEL LIKE YOU WERE THERE. NYRC LIVE IS COMMITED TO TAKING ITS PASSION FOR THE HOBBY HAVING FUN AND EDUCATING ALONG THE WAY. HOPE EVERYONE WILL TAKE THE JOURNEY WITH US.

CHECK OUT THE POWERLINE THREAD FOR MORE INFO TO COME .

THANKS,
PHIL TROTTA
RICHARD SIRIANO

Last edited by Phil Trotta; 07-05-2010 at 08:50 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dreddlox
Now that thats over, are the Regionals going to be a 2 day event like last year? Would be nice and I'm sure the turn out will be heavy for it!
Based on the schedule it appears it is already a 2 day event.

Aug 13th-15th is the ROAR Region 1 Nitro on Road Regional
$40.00 per class open practice 13th 3 rounds of qualifying Saturday 1 round Sunday morning and then mains.

Gael
Old 07-06-2010, 04:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Summary below sent to Redrc.net...

The second race of the Novarossi Challenge was held this past weekend at Controlfreakz Raceway in Chaplin Connecticut. 3 days of sunny and warm weather followed seven heats of racing action in the 200mm and 1/8 Open classes.

In 200mm Sedan it was Dj Apolaro taking the TQ and win in 45 minute final with his Serpent 733 with Contact Tyres, Novarossi power and Xtreme Fuel. Ken Ives Jr finished in second position with George K taking the final podium position after bumping into the A final from the B.

1/8 Open saw Joaquin de Soto Jr and his Serpent 966 with Jp-Gimar power defend his TQ from last years Novarossi Challenge. However he was unable to best his prior track record...the rivalry continues! In the final it was Chris Tosolini's Serpent 966 with Jp-Gimar power and Zac project tires taking the victory after 45 minutes followed by Richie Siriano in second and Andrew Nicholas finishing off the podium after bumping up into the A final from the B.

Special thanks to event sponsors Serpent America, Novarossi, Byron Fuel, and Contact Tyres.
Attached Thumbnails Novarossi Challenge Race 2# July 2nd, 3rd, 4th Chaplin Connecticut-18scaleresult.jpg   Novarossi Challenge Race 2# July 2nd, 3rd, 4th Chaplin Connecticut-sedanresult.jpg  
Old 07-06-2010, 05:59 AM
Tech Regular

Default Novarossi race

Hats off to kenny, jamie,gail and crew for a great event ! Everything went smooth with good weather and most of all the sportsmanship . Congrats to the winners toso and dj. Special thanks to my pitman phil trotta for pits, mikey for his setup help, and junior mena . Junior just missed the a main qual. 1st in the b main on the same lap as some of the faster drivers in the country ! He was winning the b main then stripped a gear , junior great driving this weekend !

Richard siriano
Brooklyn Hobbies
nyrclive.com
Old 07-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dj apolaro

Till next time,

DJ Apolaro
Thanks DJ and congrads to you and team serpant.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:06 AM
Tech Addict

I would like to thank the entire Control Freakz family for hosting a fun event. Congrads to Toso for the stunning performance in the main. Thank for all the tech tips in the pits. Next time I'm up there and it's that hot I'm going swimming between run
Old 07-06-2010, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Do u guys plan on posting the complete results?Would like to see how everyone else did

I heard it was a great race. Congrats to the winners
Old 07-06-2010, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

What a great race. Looks like I'm hooked. I'll be back soon and this time I'll be more prepared

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.