R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Racing Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum-6/)
-   -   Novarossi Challenge Race 2# July 2nd, 3rd, 4th Chaplin Connecticut (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/387201-novarossi-challenge-race-2-july-2nd-3rd-4th-chaplin-connecticut.html)

walo 06-29-2010 10:37 PM

Hey Jamie, can you check the status of my payment on your end. My records show paypal took the payment for the race and pit space on 6/25/2010.

TEAM BROOKLYN 06-30-2010 05:13 AM

rc signup

Kenny please check paypal i sent on june 5th to you from [email protected]. see you on friday .
thanks
Richard Siriano

Serpent-Dan 06-30-2010 01:12 PM

Ok I got my ride, many thanx Mr Torres

Serpent-Dan 06-30-2010 07:38 PM

Ok guys less than 48hrs to go. Can't wait! Let's make this a good one. Kenny I need a lil info so if u can pm me so I can send u my question

dj apolaro 07-01-2010 05:56 AM

See everyone on Friday around noon. Can not wait!

DJ Apolaro

Serpent-Dan 07-01-2010 06:00 AM

DJ are you bringing any extra sedan tires as well?

dj apolaro 07-01-2010 06:09 AM

I did not get any sedan tires, so I will not be giving any out. I have about 3 sets that I will use for the last day. You can come by an check them out. They were left over from the Nationals.

DJ Apolaro

J.Gonzalez 07-01-2010 06:11 AM

Kenny does not have account or use rctech.

Best thing to do is go to website as contact number and email listed.

www.controlfreakz.com

D-nicest 07-01-2010 07:38 AM

See everyone tomorrow:nod:

dj apolaro 07-01-2010 07:49 AM

The weather looks AWESOME!!!!!! Should be a great weekend....

DJ Apolaro

J.Gonzalez 07-01-2010 10:39 AM

Florida like weather on sunday 93 and humid!

I seem to get Connecticut weather when I go to Florida 35 degrees and rain!

Ha!

Kenny L 07-02-2010 08:19 PM

Great day of practice!! Looks like there will be full house tomorrow covered pit space was almost gone today and it is only Friday

jrice 07-03-2010 09:55 AM

any live coverage of this race?

J-MAN 07-04-2010 09:56 AM

Any results?

The Bear 07-04-2010 11:17 AM

yeah yeah who is fast?

Speedypeterb 07-04-2010 02:07 PM

coverage

Originally Posted by jrice (Post 7623330)
any live coverage of this race?

any coverage at all in any form or forum

ToysRUsKid 07-04-2010 03:03 PM

Thank God for Facebook

Mains lineup...

Nitro Touring:
1. DJ
2. Paolo
3. Tosolini
4. Sal Amato
5. Eric Jones
6. Melvin Aulston
7. Diatta Collymore
8. Kenny Ives Jr.

8th Scale:
1. DeSoto Jr.
2. Alex Frank
3. Tosolini
4. Kenny Ives Jr.
5. Richard Sariano
6. Jason Livingstone
7. Matt Ciechowski
8. Jamie Gonzalez

gearhead_22 07-04-2010 03:07 PM

yeah team serpent puttin there thing down :nod:

Joey4875 07-04-2010 05:16 PM

How did the mains turn out?

taco94 07-05-2010 07:27 AM

Any vids? I wanted to make it up there, but I didn't have any time at all.

Serpent-Dan 07-05-2010 08:19 AM

In sedan Toso was fast had a spur strip in the first 10 min but was still flying and leading for most of the main till the other spur went. DJ was fast as well and won the main. Toso won in 1/8 and Richie Soriano got 2nd.

Serpent-Dan 07-05-2010 08:20 AM

Andrew nice 3rd in the main!! Great work

AndrewNicholas 07-05-2010 08:21 AM

Thanks to ControlFreakz Kenny Jessica Jamie Jay Gail and the whole crew for hosting a great event!

Very Special thanks to Tim Pandiscio , Kenny Lambert for the amazing pit work, Ashford Hobby, Brooklyn Hobbies, Team Speed Merchant, TQ Race Wire and Chicky.
It’s the only time I will ever be able to say I was on the same podium as Toso.
So yeee flippin haa!

For Videos go to the Racing forum and then powerline racing. There is some great race coverage of the event with more to come.
The first coverage of Youtube video can be found on page 157 I think. It starts inside Brooklyn Hobbies with Phil Richie and Walo. It's really funny.

I will work with Kenny on getting the results posted ASAP.
What a great event.

I was by far the slowest guy out there but had some luck as the fast guys ousted themselves making room for the Butter. Alex Frank # 2 on the grid missed on setup and had to pull out. Another couple of really fast guys Jay Livingstone and Jamie Gonzales had motor trouble early on. I think Chewy blew a gear. Mikey Mike was super fast but had some patience issues and stuffed his car so deep under a flapper that it took George Colon 30 Seconds or so to dig what was left of the car out. Kenny Ives Blew a front Belt but was hot on me in the last 15 minutes of the race. I lost first gear but decided to stay out without changing the gear milking the straight away trying to keep it in once piece. I also had a front lower hinge pin back out at 10 minutes in from a board pop. In the end I think Richie Lapped me 9 Times and Toso was well, Toso.
Man Toso put on a clinic!

I would also like to recognize The Desoto’s and Paulo. It’s great to see the pro’s in action in the pit’s and on the track. Watching these guy’s work at big races make’s me envious! Serpent America is doing great things for Nitro on road racing here in the states.
Till Next Time!

Phil Trotta 07-05-2010 08:43 AM

THANKS KENNY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIEwLLM3kDE

HEY GUYS I WANTED TO THANK KENNY AND ALL HIS EFFORTS ALONG WITH THE CHAPLIN CREW CONGRATS TO ALL THE WINNERS...KENNY SAYS IT ALL AND SHOWS HIS PASSION FOR RACING AS WELL AS HIS DEDICATION TO PROVIDING A FIRST CLASS FACILITY MANY THANKS TO YOU KENNY ...YOUR FRIEND PHIL...

Pedro_Speedy 07-05-2010 11:16 AM

Video of the facilities

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW96vyN-R9U

Team Kamikaze 07-05-2010 11:43 AM

Pictures via Face Book!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1035490_n.jpghttp://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._5667296_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._4079309_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._8191328_n.jpg

Racer Z 07-05-2010 01:13 PM

Thanks Control Freaks for the awesome event!! Can't wait to apply all the things I've learned at this race for the regionals! :D:D

taco94 07-05-2010 01:25 PM

While this topic is still alive, I gotta ask: Anyone know anything about the August 1st onroad race entry fee? I hear it's big and I plan on making it, I just have to know how much to get in. Thanks in advance.

Dreddlox 07-05-2010 02:23 PM

Now that thats over, are the Regionals going to be a 2 day event like last year?:) Would be nice and I'm sure the turn out will be heavy for it!

D-nicest 07-05-2010 04:50 PM

^my votes for 2 days:nod:

dj apolaro 07-05-2010 05:30 PM

Well, finally got some sleep! Wanted to say thanks to Kenny and the entire ControlFreakz crew for the great event. Everyone seemed to have a great time and enjoy themselves. Looking forward to the next event at this track. they put on a first class event for the ones that missed it. Make sure to go next time, you will not be disappointed.

Congrats to Toso on his 1/8 scale win and to Serpent for the TQ and Win in both classes. Also wanted to thank the people that tried the new ContactRC tires and enjoyed the new wheels.

Till next time,

DJ Apolaro

gearhead_22 07-05-2010 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by dj apolaro (Post 7631961)
Well, finally got some sleep! Wanted to say thanks to Kenny and the entire ControlFreakz crew for the great event. Everyone seemed to have a great time and enjoy themselves. Looking forward to the next event at this track. they put on a first class event for the ones that missed it. Make sure to go next time, you will not be disappointed.

Congrats to Toso on his 1/8 scale win and to Serpent for the TQ and Win in both classes. Also wanted to thank the people that tried the new ContactRC tires and enjoyed the new wheels.

Till next time,

DJ Apolaro

hey DJ will u post the set up on the serpent site?

Phil Trotta 07-05-2010 08:30 PM

NYRC LIVE

HELLO EVERYBODY AS EVERYONE HAS SEEN RICHARD SIRIANO AND MYSELF HAVE BEEN POSTING SOME COMMENTARY ON LAST LOCAL RACE AT FLOYD AND THE NOVAROSSI CHALLENGE THIS WEEKEND ..WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED AND TOOK TIME OUT TO GIVE INTERVIEWS AND ARE PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THAT NYRC LIVE IS IN THE WORKS..BY OVERWHELMING DEMAND!!

NEW YORK REMOTE CONTROL LIVE SOON COMING TO CABLE . NYRC LIVE WILL HAVE RACE COVERAGE AS WELL AS INFORMATIVE TUTORIALS AND SEMINARS BY TEAM DRIVERS WITH TIPS FOR THE RACER OR THE BASHER.
NYRC LIVE WILL ALSO HAVE HI DEFINITION VIDEO OF MAINS ,ALONG WITH HIGH DEF PICTURES SO IF YOU MISS THE RACE YOU CAN FEEL LIKE YOU WERE THERE. NYRC LIVE IS COMMITED TO TAKING ITS PASSION FOR THE HOBBY HAVING FUN AND EDUCATING ALONG THE WAY. HOPE EVERYONE WILL TAKE THE JOURNEY WITH US.

CHECK OUT THE POWERLINE THREAD FOR MORE INFO TO COME .

THANKS,
PHIL TROTTA
RICHARD SIRIANO

Gael L 07-06-2010 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by Dreddlox (Post 7631240)
Now that thats over, are the Regionals going to be a 2 day event like last year?:) Would be nice and I'm sure the turn out will be heavy for it!

Based on the schedule it appears it is already a 2 day event.

Aug 13th-15th is the ROAR Region 1 Nitro on Road Regional
$40.00 per class open practice 13th 3 rounds of qualifying Saturday 1 round Sunday morning and then mains.

Gael

J.Gonzalez 07-06-2010 04:51 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Summary below sent to Redrc.net...

The second race of the Novarossi Challenge was held this past weekend at Controlfreakz Raceway in Chaplin Connecticut. 3 days of sunny and warm weather followed seven heats of racing action in the 200mm and 1/8 Open classes.

In 200mm Sedan it was Dj Apolaro taking the TQ and win in 45 minute final with his Serpent 733 with Contact Tyres, Novarossi power and Xtreme Fuel. Ken Ives Jr finished in second position with George K taking the final podium position after bumping into the A final from the B.

1/8 Open saw Joaquin de Soto Jr and his Serpent 966 with Jp-Gimar power defend his TQ from last years Novarossi Challenge. However he was unable to best his prior track record...the rivalry continues! In the final it was Chris Tosolini's Serpent 966 with Jp-Gimar power and Zac project tires taking the victory after 45 minutes followed by Richie Siriano in second and Andrew Nicholas finishing off the podium after bumping up into the A final from the B.

Special thanks to event sponsors Serpent America, Novarossi, Byron Fuel, and Contact Tyres.

TEAM BROOKLYN 07-06-2010 05:59 AM

Novarossi race

Hats off to kenny, jamie,gail and crew for a great event ! Everything went smooth with good weather and most of all the sportsmanship . Congrats to the winners toso and dj. Special thanks to my pitman phil trotta for pits, mikey for his setup help, and junior mena . Junior just missed the a main qual. 1st in the b main on the same lap as some of the faster drivers in the country ! He was winning the b main then stripped a gear , junior great driving this weekend !

Richard siriano
Brooklyn Hobbies
nyrclive.com

walo 07-06-2010 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by dj apolaro (Post 7631961)

Till next time,

DJ Apolaro

Thanks DJ and congrads to you and team serpant.

walo 07-06-2010 09:06 AM

I would like to thank the entire Control Freakz family for hosting a fun event. Congrads to Toso for the stunning performance in the main. Thank for all the tech tips in the pits. Next time I'm up there and it's that hot I'm going swimming between run :lol:

Al Sodano 07-06-2010 09:15 AM

Do u guys plan on posting the complete results?Would like to see how everyone else did

I heard it was a great race. Congrats to the winners

Kenny L 07-06-2010 09:33 AM

What a great race. Looks like I'm hooked. I'll be back soon and this time I'll be more prepared