Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Trains & Lanes Off-Road racing season....Twenty Ten... >

Trains & Lanes Off-Road racing season....Twenty Ten...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trains & Lanes Off-Road racing season....Twenty Ten...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 06:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Kitchen,

Any word from Greg as to whether or not Jeff is going to do anything about the stand?
Old 04-20-2010, 08:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Any plans for track work this weekend? I want to schedule some things and I'd like to fit it in if people are going to be there.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mjs3350
Any plans for track work this weekend? I want to schedule some things and I'd like to fit it in if people are going to be there.
I will be at Hobbytown in reading on Sat
Old 04-20-2010, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cfr7
Kitchen,

Any word from Greg as to whether or not Jeff is going to do anything about the stand?
I'll ask!
Old 04-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kitchen
First run with my Hyper 10, ran battery after battery without anything letting go...back flips and all...it even survived Juan
...again the only thing that's taking damage is the body post's and the body, what a brute
Old 04-21-2010, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

On road Saturday's...Off road Sunday's...just what the Dr. ordered
Old 04-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Tech Initiate

We need to build that stand!! 140 entries at hobby hut this weekend, even if we got half that its a great turn out. We can build it its not hard. I made a material list for the wood with some one who is a carpenter for a 5 ft by 30 ft stand with a ramp off the back and got a price for the wood. Lets make it happen!!
Old 04-21-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dmcgourty
We need to build that stand!! 140 entries at hobby hut this weekend, even if we got half that its a great turn out. We can build it its not hard. I made a material list for the wood with some one who is a carpenter for a 5 ft by 30 ft stand with a ramp off the back and got a price for the wood. Lets make it happen!!
come to T&L tomorrow and holla at KITCHEN, let's rally the troops!!!
let's not wait too much longer.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

If we're working Sunday I could probably make it out.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:08 PM
Tech Rookie

the tractor is up and running, i was there eariler in the week, and had it running for prolly 15-20 mins with only sputters. drove up the hill a few time without any issues, so id say its all better, just need some tuning. and the battery shouldnt die, it was charging at 13v, so id say it is good to go.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Default drivers stand

I was talking to juan and we were thinking about sprinkling some pixie dust on the stand that's there already, putting it in it's place and getting something started already!
I know everyone want's to start off BIG with a new stand and pit box but baby steps will work for now, just running the water hose from the old off-road track to the new location and putting the loop in place will be a start in the right direction.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Kitchen
I was talking to juan and we were thinking about sprinkling some pixie dust on the stand that's there already, putting it in it's place and getting something started already!
I know everyone want's to start off BIG with a new stand and pit box but baby steps will work for now, just running the water hose from the old off-road track to the new location and putting the loop in place will be a start in the right direction.
I will come to the track tomorrow after noon with the material list for the stand and how much it will cost. I might be getting some wood from work in another week or so, enough to build the pit ramp at least. We are not talking alot of money to put out to get a good return. That other stand is not going to cut it if 50 people show up the first day. Which the first day is always your biggest turn out we need to make a good impression for them to come back. Can't wait to start racing.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dmcgourty
I will come to the track tomorrow after noon with the material list for the stand and how much it will cost. I might be getting some wood from work in another week or so, enough to build the pit ramp at least. We are not talking alot of money to put out to get a good return. That other stand is not going to cut it if 50 people show up the first day. Which the first day is always your biggest turn out we need to make a good impression for them to come back. Can't wait to start racing.
I'm not going to be their Saturday! going to Jacksons "Charity" race, but I spoke to Chris Rupp and we will be at the off road track Sunday to see what can be done with the stand we already have.

I understand the feeling's about not using the existing stand but let's fix it and get down to racing!!! I say "fix" not "build" because no one is going to shell out money on a "no return" investment because the owner has been burned so many times by people telling him since the late 70's!!! "If you build it, they will come" ...his new thinking as of 2010 is "If you want it YOU BUILD IT"

So let's just "fix" what we got and keep it moving! end of story

see you Sunday.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Saying that stand can be fixed is like asking for a law suite.

I remember last year when the other stand needed to be fixed and it got "patched." My knee still hurts from going though it.... Lucky it was me and not a customer.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Not tring to start a lot of B.S. but a lot of work has alread been done and I'm just tring to keep it moving, besides it's a temp fix on the cheap! and when it comes time to make a new one...I got the matches for the fire!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.