Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Trains & Lanes Off-Road racing season....Twenty Ten... >

Trains & Lanes Off-Road racing season....Twenty Ten...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trains & Lanes Off-Road racing season....Twenty Ten...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 08:51 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Captpete
Yeah I picked up on that the first time I went in. I felt like I was bothering them. Also, the inside of the store needs a lot of work. It's messy and unorganized. I walked up and down several isle's and while there certainly was a lot of 'stuff' it just didn't have a clean organized feel to it. I'll pretty much only buy parts there if I need something right away. That and fuel rather than pay a hasmat fee. Where do you go around here? Drums PA has a nice track that's an 1 hr - 1 hr 1/2 away from Bethlehem. I'm not interested in racing yet as I need a real track to practice on.

-Pete

theres hobby hut its in, aububon pa its proberty about 1 hour or a bit more from you.

there having a roar race this coming saturday.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tc5 man
theres hobby hut its in, aububon pa its proberty about 1 hour or a bit more from you.

there having a roar race this coming saturday.

Cool. I'll try and make it out there to see the race. Do you happen to know the times?

Do they have like a $10 fee to use the track to practice? Or do you have to join a club to use the track for practice? I'd like to go down there on a week day or some weekends and just spend time racing around on the track. Any outlets for recharging radio batteries etc?
Old 08-01-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Captpete
Cool. I'll try and make it out there to see the race. Do you happen to know the times?

Do they have like a $10 fee to use the track to practice? Or do you have to join a club to use the track for practice? I'd like to go down there on a week day or some weekends and just spend time racing around on the track. Any outlets for recharging radio batteries etc?

go to www.hobbyhut.com and click on the offroad racing and the dates are are there .

if you go to the roar event, you have to join for a day which is $25 + $15.00 to race but there giving out really good prizes.

i would go on aug 29 since it will just be a club race.

im not sure about practice i whould give them a call, there is some outlets for charging your batteries but not many. so i would just use your car to charge your battery. they race 1/8 scale mostly and there is a class for the sc trucks.

but for club races its $17.00 to race.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Any plans for offroad in 2011?
Old 12-14-2010, 03:28 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by RC-ZOMBIE
Any plans for offroad in 2011?

i dont know man i think your better off racing at hobby hut 2011 to be honest with you it doesnt seem like they want a offroad track .
Old 12-14-2010, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tc5 man
i dont know man i think your better off racing at hobby hut 2011 to be honest with you it doesnt seem like they want a offroad track .
I will be down there too
Old 12-14-2010, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

We will be working on a drivers stand in the spring!!!
Old 12-14-2010, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Potoczak
Say it isn't so? Hopefully we can get offroad back, I was one of the guys that helped out this yr with nothing to come of it. good to here.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:05 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by RC-ZOMBIE
I will be down there too

cool hopefully they dont add a triple again and just a big double in 2011 season .
Old 12-15-2010, 05:55 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Hey TC5Man Don't forget there is always Blue Diamond also. I would like to get up to T&L also to see what's goin on. Haven't been up there yet to check out the shop or the track. I still have my truggy so... Plus I heard they have some DM-1s runnin around there
Old 12-15-2010, 08:31 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Lapper
Hey TC5Man Don't forget there is always Blue Diamond also. I would like to get up to T&L also to see what's goin on. Haven't been up there yet to check out the shop or the track. I still have my truggy so... Plus I heard they have some DM-1s runnin around there

is blue diamond offroad going to be open in 2011 with a good club raceing turnouts ?

i could go with somebody sometime during the 2011 spring season its a nice track .

i hope the hut doesnt make a triple jump again in 2011 just a big double.

thats enough im hijacking this tread lol.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well guys I understand the frustration with the T&L track situation and I personally wanted to thank everyone that helped with the attempted track earlier this season. If anything comes around as far as putting a stand in I will be the first to jump in and help rebuild the track, as well as run the show. Unfortunately I doubt that will happen and every time I try to talk to jeff about it he runs out the door. I know Juan and a few others were talking about putting a stand in, if they pull it off that would be fantastic as the track already has power and lights.

Anyway, thanks again to all those that helped. Any racers looking to support some local tracks I strongly reccommend, and have raced at all of the following:
Barnstormers R/C, Chester NY
Lost Creek RC
Blue Diamond, DE
Hobby Hut, Audubon PA
Control Freakz, Chaplin CT
Bumps and Jumps RC, Etters PA
Family Hobbies, Vineland NJ
Trax 70, NJ
McColloughs RC, Sarver PA (Race Against Cancer in Sept. is a must attend event for a great cause)
Awesome RC, Frederiksburg VA
Wolcott Hobbies, Wolcott CT
Calandra RC (CRC), Rome NY

Anyone that is real serious about racing in this area should keep their eyes on the NESS series, which is run between Barnstormers and Wolcott. Both tracks are run by great people and the races offer fantastic competition and a very friendly atmosphere. Also check out the ROAR regional series, which is gaining momentum every season.

Chris
Old 12-19-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Potoczak
Old 04-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Update?
Old 04-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drummin89
Update?
Rain lots of rain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.