Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
2010 Midwest Series 41st Season (Nitro On-road - 6 races, 4 States) >

2010 Midwest Series 41st Season (Nitro On-road - 6 races, 4 States)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 Midwest Series 41st Season (Nitro On-road - 6 races, 4 States)

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mccoop
One vote for Andy
Two vote for Andy

Cool photos and report Andy. Thanks!

Last edited by mcsquish; 06-11-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

Team NITRO will be racing on SAT. this weekend. Come on out, to get a preview of the next MWS leg! Track opens at 9 racing starts at 11.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyosho: GXR28SG
Kyosho: GXR28 (KYO74025)
Ofna: .28 Force (OFN52217)
Ofna: Hyper .28 (OFN 53220)
Axial: .28 Spec (AX001)
Axial: .28 Spec (AX002)
Pico P3
LRP ASCLRP3280
OS Engines .21VG SMG2058 21VG (P) & OSMG2059 21VG (P)-X

We have added a few motors to list of spec motors and removed some.
This will be the motor list for The Byron race and the GT Nats spec motors.

Elec Gt's will follow Gt rules on chassis any motor and 4 cell lipo only.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:22 AM
Tech Regular

Andy has there been any changes to the pull start rule in the MWS?
Old 06-24-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Initiate

cant wait for our turn to host a series race, we have been doing work trying to improve things to make it an enjoyable experience for all. a special thanks to Gabby and Camelot Bowl for allowing us the chance to have a hometown track!! Mike, Phil and myself want to invite everyone out to race before the series. we race every sunday so come on out and get a warm up run in before the race weekend.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by badaxe83
cant wait for our turn to host a series race, we have been doing work trying to improve things to make it an enjoyable experience for all. a special thanks to Gabby and Camelot Bowl for allowing us the chance to have a hometown track!! Mike, Phil and myself want to invite everyone out to race before the series. we race every sunday so come on out and get a warm up run in before the race weekend.
Hi guys.
I'm glad I found this site, and discovered that there IS track local to me, and there is racing every weekend/Sunday. Excellent!

I used to go to the hobby store next to ToysRus across from S.Lake Mall, but they moved some time ago.

If you guys are running this weekend, I'll probably come by Sunday to see what's up. My HPI 1/10 TC nitro is running, but it's been collecting dust for the past few years. I might bring it out and run for the fun of it.

This 1/8 GT class looks REALLY cool to me. It's so sweet I'm considering getting back into the hobby. I've got my eyes on a Kyosho Aston Martin GT.
Hopefully some GT cars will be there this Sunday?

Is there a free track session, for anyone to run, or does one have to be a ROAR member and registered to race every Sunday?

Thanks guys.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

We have a regular class of GT every race day. We also have a 1/10 nitro tc class and 1/8 open every race day. Come check it out! It is very different from the Hobby town races you are familiar with. It is great fun with a terriffic group of people, and we actually score the races with transponders and computers!.
It is unlikely we will ever charge for practice, since that would require someone be on site to take care of collection. If we had it fenced off it might be different. Racing will require ROAR membership, since that is where the insurance come from to aleviate liabillity fears of the land owner. ROAR is only $25 a year and provides coverage for you too (in case of accident, not that that is likely).
Old 06-25-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Speaking of Sundays... Is it gonna possible to race on Sat. next weekend, due to the 4th Holiday?

TTech- Hope to see ya Sunday! The club guys are doing an outstanding job giving us Region guys a place to race. Get that TC tuned up and get ready for some fun.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wizby
Andy has there been any changes to the pull start rule in the MWS?

The latest rules have been on the website and yes the pull start rule was removed to try and be common with the Impanema GT nationals and the rumored ROAR rules.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by duneland
We have a regular class of GT every race day. We also have a 1/10 nitro tc class and 1/8 open every race day. Come check it out! It is very different from the Hobby town races you are familiar with. It is great fun with a terriffic group of people, and we actually score the races with transponders and computers!.
It is unlikely we will ever charge for practice, since that would require someone be on site to take care of collection. If we had it fenced off it might be different. Racing will require ROAR membership, since that is where the insurance come from to aleviate liabillity fears of the land owner. ROAR is only $25 a year and provides coverage for you too (in case of accident, not that that is likely).
Thanks for the info.
I plan on being there tomorrow. I might bring the car, but if not I'll come to at least check it out. $25 is problem.

I haven't had a chance to tune at all.
I did make it out to HobbyTown and picked up a new body and new tires. I might have enough time to get some paint on it and get the tires mounted, but the car hasn't been tuned since last year.

Maybe I'll bring it out anyway. I don't think it'll be competitive, but then I do it for fun.
I have a single speed trans and running an HPI .12R SS engine.
Do you think that that engine has enough power to be competitive?
I've only raced with a couple friends, so I'm not up on what it takes to race.

What hobby shop do you guys use in the local area?
Old 06-28-2010, 05:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TTech
Thanks for the info.
I plan on being there tomorrow. I might bring the car, but if not I'll come to at least check it out. $25 is problem.

I haven't had a chance to tune at all.
I did make it out to HobbyTown and picked up a new body and new tires. I might have enough time to get some paint on it and get the tires mounted, but the car hasn't been tuned since last year.

Maybe I'll bring it out anyway. I don't think it'll be competitive, but then I do it for fun.
I have a single speed trans and running an HPI .12R SS engine.
Do you think that that engine has enough power to be competitive?
I've only raced with a couple friends, so I'm not up on what it takes to race.

What hobby shop do you guys use in the local area?
Engine power is the last thing to look at, when trying to be more competetive. Chassis set-up and driving the right line should get the most emphasis. Untill those things are nailed down, more engine is a liabillity. Come out and get with me and some of the other club members and you can learn to 'up your game'.
Valpo Pet & Hobby now has an experienced racer working there. He can help with anything you might need. G & G in Griffith has been a good source for some of our guys too, but they cater mainly to aircraft and trains..
The lack of a 2-speed, is a handicap, but it good give you more consistancy through the sweeper, shouldn't hurt in the in-field.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Last weekend before the MWS race at NITRO in Portage the 10-11(Next weekend) Thanks for having the race day this Saturday instead of shutting down the track Sunday, like LH is doing.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Initiate

TEAM NITRO will be racing on our track saturday the 3rd---come on out for a warm up b4 the midwest race. weather is suppose to be good for once, if you plan on coming out let us know---just curious about racers intentions this weekend---mike, phil and myself welcome all and hope for a good turn out
Old 07-01-2010, 01:21 AM
Tech Elite

Old 07-01-2010, 06:42 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Guy’s,
I stopped by the Portage track on my way home from the Byron’s race. Great job in securing a permanent site, and all the work you’ve put into it. Although it’s not a big track, which is just fine, the layout does seem extremely “tight” for 1/8th scale. There just seems to be very little room to move out of the way for the faster guys. And I don’t want to run into the boards when I have to get out of their way.
See you next week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.