Wiki Posts
Search

Final Thoughs R/C Club

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pusher
Chaos...It is unfortunate you choose now to attempt to become active with the Final Thoughts Club...The club had been in existence since well before you raced your first race at HTUSA-GB. There have been numerous opportunities for you to run for office, work on a fundraiser, donate time, money, and/or labor to help with track maintenance but you chose to "sit on your hands" and do absolutely nothing...Now when things are not going your way you act as if you have made great contributions to the club.

There was a meeting held 10-02-10 and you chose not to attend...Everyone had the choice between going to the meeting, going to the race or going to the meeting and then to the race...You made the choice to race and pursue what makes you happy...The people who were at the meeting are the same ones who usually made it to the meetings and participated in the fundraisers, work details etc...These same people made the decision to "pull the plug" since it seemed there was no interest in keeping the club going...The foresight of the founding members planned for this and that is why we had the provision within our mission statement to donate the clubs treasury to a worthy charity...I truly am sorry if you feel donating the money to ALS is as you so charmingly put it "a Fking waste". You must not know Gary and his group put together the ALS race very well...These folks manage to put others needs before their own and do a great job demonstrating just how charitable racers can be...

Now that all this has happened you have a chance to prove yourself...Please feel free to organize a new club...I hope you can be as succesful in structuring a group as succesful as Final Thoughts was...

RIP Final Thoughts we had some great times with some great people.
[There have been numerous opportunities for you to run for office]
Nah, I don't think so. That's what he was trying to arrange here.

[work on a fundraiser, donate time, money]
Well maybe, but being what great role models he had to learn from... we didn't know we were supposed to be doing a fundraiser... the club hasn't done anything with the money anyway, so it's not like it was needed.

[labor to help with track maintenance but you chose to "sit on your hands" and do absolutely nothing...]
Not sure about this one... give an example. Dan was prepping the boards to add to the length and width of the track for the charity race just a few weeks ago.

[Now when things are not going your way you act as if you have made great contributions to the club]
Well he did have a club BBQ. Everyone was invited. We had a turnout of 5 for that. Remember, we were only in the club for a short time and didn't really understand how much work it is to run the club and races. Atleast he cared enough to try to arrange something.

[There was a meeting held 10-02-10 and you chose not to attend...]
In my opinion, this meeting was scheduled on a race day on purpose so racers wouldn't show up. He did email Webb and tell him thats not a good day for anyone but Webb never responded (on purpose I think)

I think we understand that donating to charity is a good thing no matter what, however these circumstances are very shady.

Don't misinterpret this ... we understand that you got the program going 15 years ago and have made significant contributions. But this is now...
Old 10-05-2010, 08:31 PM
Tech Adept

Mikedoo/All...The big mistake everyone seems to be making is thinking the club money was raised to help HTUSA-GB and its track...The club treasury was started to allow the club to start and promote its own racing program, but that is something that appears is not meant to be...Everyone needs to learn to separate the business of HTUSA-GB (store and racing) from the club's activities...The club was never meant to profit from anything...HTUSA-GB reluctantly agreed to a 10% discount on parts only during the racing season, while other clubs (airplanes for example) received discounts 12 months out of the year....I really believe in supporting charities but not a business that does not want to spend the TIME or money to support its own racing program...Please be honest with yourself...Just how many times have you felt like you were rushed through your evening of racing?...How often did you feel like you were welcome at an event at HTUSA-GB?

RIP Final Thoughts
If this is the case I definitely misunderstood what the club was all about. I thought the club was about friends, promoting the hobby, helping beginners and keeping racing alive at GB. Sure, it would benefit Dave if we bought a scoring system or some other improvement, but it would also benefit all the racers even more.

[HTUSA-GB reluctantly agreed to a 10% discount on parts only during the racing season]
Oh, I thought it was all year round'. I never had any trouble getting a discount though so I don't know for sure.

[Just how many times have you felt like you were rushed through your evening of racing?]
This might have been in the past but not in the past 2 years I've been there. I haven't felt rushed at all.

[How often did you feel like you were welcome at an event at HTUSA-GB]
Every time, of course. He wants my entry fees.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:41 PM
Tech Adept

I wonder who that could be????? Care to elaborate???? (That means tell me)
I know exactly what and who he is talking about but I'm going to protect the innocent here.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by killingtime
Dan Zadra to me
show details 7:55 AM (12 hours ago)

Are you serious. How do you call a meeting while you know everyone will be racing at that time. Let me think you want to do something shady that's what. This is patethic to give up and donate the money the club has work so hard to gain. I truly see that no on fucking cares enough to get a real club meeting together and have more than 1 person vote. If you don't want anything to do with the club step down and let some else run it. Their are other people that still wanted the club and wanted to run it. This is a cop out. This is truly sad and makes me fed up with racing and actually caring enough to make sure I have a place to race. I'm half tempted to quit all together because all this stupid conterversey that has been going on. I will say this frederick is my home for racing and will be my home unless middle river opens and runs micros. Jims is one hour forty min away that's to far and to chance things unless we get everyone to go. But we can't do that now since some idiots disbanded the club

I'm out
Dan Zadra

Dan,
You whined for a club meeting and one was scheduled. NO ONE, including yourself replied stating that they would not be able to attend, as requested. It was also stated that this was an important meeting to make sure as many people showed as possible. You are supposed to be an adult, you get to make decisions for yourself. You had the freedom to go race, go to the meeting, or stay home and do nothing. You chose not to be at the meeting, you only have yourself to blame if the vote did not go the way you would have liked.

I'm not sure what shady things you are talking about so I'm not
even going to comment on that absurdity.

I'll be the first to admit that the club activities were stalled. The drama that everyone was talking about is what turned the club south. Did you ever ask anyone where this drama was originating?

The hard work that was put into the race program was done by the club, most of which you personally had no part of. Did you assist with the initial build? Were you there on all the maintenance days? How many raffle tickets did you sell? Did you donate your weekends of racing to run the grills? Did you call any races to give others a break? Did you help set-up or break down the track on a regular basis? I'll help you out, the answer to all of those questions is no. So please tell me where was all your hard work being done?

If you are truely done with Glen Burnie and HobbyTown, all I can
say is "good bye and good riddance".

Mike Webb
[NO ONE, including yourself replied stating that they would not be able to attend, as requested.]
Dan did reply because I was cc'd on that email along with everyone else. You either ignored it or it got caught in your spam filters. Basically he said everyone will be racing (you already knew that though) and it's not a good time to hold a meeting. Now that we think of it, it would appear that Underhill and Turner knew what was going on behind our backs but hid it as well.

[Shouldn't be hard for you to figure out since most of it was from you. You are a part-time racer on a full-time soapbox.]
wow.

[Did you assist with the initial build?]
We weren't in the club then.

[Were you there on all the maintenance days?]
There was one maintenance day in the past 2 years. Not everyone can make it.

[How many raffle tickets did you sell?]
I think everyone as a whole kind of decided not to sell raffle tickets.

[Did you donate your weekends of racing to run the grills?]
No but he tried. He tried to arrange something for the charity race and was going to cook but since nobody would respond he couldn't set anything up as far as paying for the food, etc.

[Did you call any races to give others a break?]
No, but not everyone is comfortable calling races or knows how to call races. He already told me he was going to be the race director next year since Gee already said he isn't.

[Did you help set-up or break down the track on a regular basis?]
Yes, he did. I was there. Sure, he took a break the second half of the summer but everyone needs a break.

I'm only responding to these things because I feel some of these comments are absurd. Nothing against anyone at all.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Just in case anyone missed it.... Final Thoughts R/C Club is no more.

You can piss and moan all you want, it will not change anything.

Complain on how things were done, who did what, who said this or that, it doesnt matter.

If you dont like what happened and are that passionate about having a club, then start your own.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

^Thank you^

Im starting a new club here called Doing Good where we get a whole bunch of money together threw out the yr and donate it to a good charity.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by killingtime
Just in case anyone missed it.... Final Thoughts R/C Club is no more.

You can piss and moan all you want, it will not change anything.

Complain on how things were done, who did what, who said this or that, it doesnt matter.

If you dont like what happened and are that passionate about having a club, then start your own.
your right it doesnt matter because your personal struggle/agenda with dave killed the club and thats sad.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

WOAH DAN!
thats where you went over board. Jim Dodge and Robbie Dodge are the ones who made racing at GB what is today... Jim and robbie didnt have to be there... Jim came because he likes to chill with people at the track... remember its a public parking lot... freedom of speech. and dan you didnt do anything for the track...you help set up the track the first what 3 weekends then you dropped out and came back one weekend and it was the last weekend of racing...all you did was complain about things and then (after not being at the track for several weeks) decided to try and take over final thoughts... if you would have been at the track the most of the summer and being commited you would of had your chance at making final thoughts better... honestly i think webb did a good job to see who would actually show up and who is actually comitted to final thoughts... i wasnt there because i didnt know it was saturday. you wernt there because you would rather be in frederick talking crap about webb and how stupid he is for making the meeting saturday.... when he did the right thing and test people.
i dont disrespect the people that made final thoughts what it was and i dont disrespect that they put it to an end.

Dan why dont you make your own club and see what its like...

dan why dont you try to be the race director and see what its like when no one is there helping you put out the track.

AGAIN GEE DID A GREAT JOB THIS YEAR. HE HAD TO FILL SOME BIG SHOES OF ROBBIES AND HE DID GOOD. HE COULD OF DONE EVEN BETTER IF HE HAD PEOPLE OUT THERE HELPING HIM....(not people that are against him and dont want to help) people who pay to race have the right to not help set up...but if you want to have a great place to race you would do it anyways. even though we all know dan didnt do much to help
Old 10-06-2010, 07:18 AM
Tech Regular

I just wanted to make a post and say that I am sad this all had to come to this. Yes, living in PA. I am just an outsider looking in, but I have always enjoyed racing with you all. Every time I came down there all of you treated me as one of the group. You would invite me to after race food stops to the diner or Arby’s, Joe let me borrow his Sedan a couple times this summer because I only run Micro, and we all had a blast last year at the bowling alley the night before the ALS race. The bottom line is that I enjoyed doing all these things because you were all a great bunch of guys to hang out with. I am not going to comment on all that has been said, because it is not my place, and I think that everyone has valid points. I don’t think that there is anything wrong with someone wanting to keep the club going, but at the same time, I think that those who have been involved with the club all of the years since its inception, have a very good understanding of what might be best for the club. It is sad that the club will be disbanded, but for me, it will be even more sad if all of you disband from each other. There are still tracks out there that we all can race together at, to even race Micros at. And please do not think this is a plug for Jim’s because it is not. I understand that Jim’s may be too far for some of you. When Middle River opens up, you can be sure that you will be seeing me there as well as at Jim’s to race Micros with you all. Final Thoughts was just a name of a club, it was all of you that made it fun for me. I will be looking forward to racing with all of you this year, and for years to come.

P.S. You don’t have to be apart of a club to hang out at a diner after a race, have a BBQ at each others houses, or be active at a track to help make it better. I was not apart of your club, but you sure made me feel like one whenever I was down there. I wish you all the best.

Tim “Psycho Man” Haskins
Old 10-06-2010, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by scooterman1995
WOAH DAN!
thats where you went over board. Jim Dodge and Robbie Dodge are the ones who made racing at GB what is today... Jim and robbie didnt have to be there... Jim came because he likes to chill with people at the track... remember its a public parking lot... freedom of speech. and dan you didnt do anything for the track...you help set up the track the first what 3 weekends then you dropped out and came back one weekend and it was the last weekend of racing...all you did was complain about things and then (after not being at the track for several weeks) decided to try and take over final thoughts... if you would have been at the track the most of the summer and being commited you would of had your chance at making final thoughts better... honestly i think webb did a good job to see who would actually show up and who is actually comitted to final thoughts... i wasnt there because i didnt know it was saturday. you wernt there because you would rather be in frederick talking crap about webb and how stupid he is for making the meeting saturday.... when he did the right thing and test people.
i dont disrespect the people that made final thoughts what it was and i dont disrespect that they put it to an end.

Dan why dont you make your own club and see what its like...

dan why dont you try to be the race director and see what its like when no one is there helping you put out the track.

AGAIN GEE DID A GREAT JOB THIS YEAR. HE HAD TO FILL SOME BIG SHOES OF ROBBIES AND HE DID GOOD. HE COULD OF DONE EVEN BETTER IF HE HAD PEOPLE OUT THERE HELPING HIM....(not people that are against him and dont want to help) people who pay to race have the right to not help set up...but if you want to have a great place to race you would do it anyways. even though we all know dan didnt do much to help
how can you talk that stupid crap dj . you never really did anything. I took 1 month off because i went out of the country for 2 weeks for a vacation that has been planned for well over a year. I come back from vacation and taking a few weeks off to all this drama and crap. So i decided i would try to fix it. you alway come up with stupid stuff to say dj your a bandwagon. you supported me for trying to fix the club and now your not. I didnt see you do anything for the charity race. I was done but when people keep bashing im gonna keep going. Every weekend i was there i help setup and tear down the track. I came up with the idea to make the track bigger. How do you show your commited to the club when the club is about racing and it takes a day of racing away from you. the meeting was called for 12:30 didnt start till probably little past that. and racing started at frederick at 1:15. there's no way to make it to frederick in time. I dont care what the dodge's did in the past its in the past. We are now in the present and the club was in such turmoil change was needed. And people rather see it die then change it. Have you ever heard of the term (if you have nothing nice to say dont say anything at all) DJ!! Thats what created this mess someone opened their mouth and said soimething stupid to one of the club officers.

Sorry for actually wanting to continue the club.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

I have been racing since organized racing started , thats the late 70's for those wondering when it all started!!

Clubs and tracks come and go ! Along the way we have all have great times and made great friends!

I personally have been around the GB program a lot of years , 100+ racer ,ah those were the good old days . Big thanks to Dave ,the Dodge's for that ! In the present , TCS racing , slash program and well just have parking lot racing . I've always said ,"It all started in a parking lot and, someday will all end in a parking lot!". A big thank for all the present fun Webb,Gary,Underhill,Dan,Gee,Joe. Well come to think of it there were a lot of people involved .

Now that things have settled down , and we ALL have heard the good and the bad!! It time to stand up and do the right thing !. All players involved should now go back and delete all negative post .

It now time to look forward to the possibility of a new club and future racing at GB Hobbytown.

R/C racing in general has been a struggle the last couple of years. I hope things get better soon. My son is interested in racing and is now going to start his experience in R/C . I hope next year there is going to be parking lot racing in GB!!!

Remember ,todays theme is to DELETE !!!

Last edited by Ray k; 10-06-2010 at 08:38 AM.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:11 PM
Tech Addict

Last edited by scooterman1995; 10-06-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Im not gonna say a response here because you are a little kid and act like one. Im gonna be the mature one and end it here.

but i will say if you do anything to me on the track i will make it my personal mission to put you in the wall everytime because that is totally uncalled for!!
Old 10-06-2010, 01:15 PM
Tech Addict

i never said i would hit you? i said i will see you on the track...and its not going to be fun... and as to you being mature that made me laugh. if you have something to say to any of what i just said p.m me so we arnt putting it out publicly.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

nothing left to be said on that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.