Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Us Indoor Offroad Champs hosted at Motoroma

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 01:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sweet looks like I will be racing Stock 2wd Buggy and Mod 2wd SCT. Should be a good race.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Originally Posted by thhrc
there are three sct classes
spec sct
mod sct
and 4wd mod sct
Good talking with you Luke..

SPEC SCT is no modifications allowed class. stock electronics only,stock tires. I assume a radio/receiver change is permittable?
Old 01-27-2010, 03:59 PM
Tech Regular

SPEC SCT CLASS RULES
Body
Must be a Short Course Truck body. No Beetles.

Chassis
Traxxas Slash, Associated SC10, Losi Strike and HPI Blitz. No modifications may be made to the chassis system. Vehicle must be raced in its stock form. No aftermarket or Hop up replacement drive components may be installed. The chassis must be stock, no aftermarket. All kits must use their supplied components - no mixing brands. You may use anything that came in the OEM box.

Suspension
Both the front & the rear suspension systems must remain in stock form. Original parts only.

Steering
No modifications may be made to the steering system. Original Kit parts only. All kits must use their supplied components - no mixing brands.

Electronics
Original Kit electronics Speed Control & Servo only. All kits must use their supplied electronics - no mixing brands.

Motor
All kit's must run the motor that was supplied in the kit.

Battery
This class is limited to any 6 cell sub c Nimh or 2S 7.4 Volt Lipo battery pack.

Tires
Box Stock. No mixing Brands. Slash must run the Slash tires, Sc10 must run the SC10 tires and so on. Must be 3.0” inside bead diameter x 2.2″ outside bead diameter.
MORE To come

Last edited by thhrc; 01-27-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
Good talking with you Luke..

SPEC SCT is no modifications allowed class. stock electronics only,stock tires. I assume a radio/receiver change is permittable?
Radio and rx may be changed also shock oil and gearing may be changed no ball diffs, may change gear diff fluid/grease
Old 01-27-2010, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

At hobbyrama I did not see anyone checking any of the Spec trucks. I would like to see all of the spec trucks checked after a race to make sure everyone is playing nice. I know that there are a lot of of guys running RPM stuff out there. I take pride in the fact that my Slash is bone kit stock and still goes well.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jjlove
At hobbyrama I did not see anyone checking any of the Spec trucks. I would like to see all of the spec trucks checked after a race to make sure everyone is playing nice. I know that there are a lot of of guys running RPM stuff out there. I take pride in the fact that my Slash is bone kit stock and still goes well.
there will be full time tech personel and all trucks will go to tech before you turn marshel all rules enforced
Old 01-29-2010, 06:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I saw in a previous post there is a motor limit for the Mod 2WD SCT of 13.5 or 19T is that still the rule or will Mod simply be mod just curious. I want to have the correct motor for the race. Also when is the deadline to sign up before you get nailed with the late fee. Thanks.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default You guys might have my answer for this

The 4wd class I woulf like to run but interested to know if anyone has any feedback on 1/8th tires being used and motor, bats chassis and so on.
PS have not run 1/0th electric off in 15 years, I need some help
Old 01-29-2010, 09:45 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

TW u need to wheel a buggy 2 or 4, not a truck

R
Old 01-29-2010, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TonyWest
The 4wd class I woulf like to run but interested to know if anyone has any feedback on 1/8th tires being used and motor, bats chassis and so on.
PS have not run 1/0th electric off in 15 years, I need some help
I would like to know about the 1/8 buggy tires too.

Here are the 4wd SCT rules from the first page in this thread:
"Provisional Shortcourse 4w
We know there will be 2 trucks avalable at this time the Jammin and the new Traxxas this will be a full mod class,ANY THING GOES."

That leads me to beleieve we can run the buggy tires.

Tony,

I'll be there if you need any help. This is Jason Sneed from RC Pro in Gloucester. jasonsneed AT gmail DOT com

See you guys in February.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sohlman113
I saw in a previous post there is a motor limit for the Mod 2WD SCT of 13.5 or 19T is that still the rule or will Mod simply be mod just curious. I want to have the correct motor for the race. Also when is the deadline to sign up before you get nailed with the late fee. Thanks.
Registration will close on friday the 5th. After that it will be registration at the door with late entry fees applied.

ROAR rules apply for everything but SCT. SCT rules were posted in this thread.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thhrc
rules and entry list will be up by weds sorry for all delays computer was having fits and finally got them fixed
Did I miss something? Were these posted somewhere?
Old 01-30-2010, 06:05 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

any clue on dirt since we're in a new venue for electric? i'm buying tires, and they are not cheap and i'm not alone. more info please. lotta folks had a choice of crcrc or motorama and quite a few chose crcrc b/c they knew what tires to use. c'mon !!!

R
Old 01-30-2010, 06:10 AM
Tech Regular

will be getting 5 loads of pond clay should be a high bit track but you know how a temporary racing surface can be
Old 01-30-2010, 06:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sohlman113
mod is simply mod only limit is no 1/8 buggy tires

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.