Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

what are the rules for the cup racer class, thinking about picking one up
Old 11-18-2009, 05:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by strodedawg
what are the rules for the cup racer class, thinking about picking one up

Same here, looking for rules.

Anyone have experience fitting a larger hard case lipo in a cup racer? HPI's website claims they can fit normal hard cases, I just got two new 5000's and they're about 3mm longer than my Tamiya is meant for.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey guys I live not too far from the track and was wondering if there is a day during the week or whenever when the track is open for practice? Also wondering how wide the lanes are there?

Sorry if these questions have already been answered earlier in the thread...
Old 11-18-2009, 06:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default HPI and Lipo

Originally Posted by InfiniteMotors
Same here, looking for rules.

Anyone have experience fitting a larger hard case lipo in a cup racer? HPI's website claims they can fit normal hard cases, I just got two new 5000's and they're about 3mm longer than my Tamiya is meant for.
I fitted a 4800 Orion lipo in my cup car no problem just had to use tape to secure it was a little loose so I used cushions at the stops to take up the slack, rules havnt been made yet whats on the table for now is a silver can motor provided at the bowl (still havnt seen any due to the class just starting)
Old 11-18-2009, 06:56 AM
Tech Addict

Default Track width

Originally Posted by Buckland
Hey guys I live not too far from the track and was wondering if there is a day during the week or whenever when the track is open for practice? Also wondering how wide the lanes are there?

Sorry if these questions have already been answered earlier in the thread...
Track minimum width is 6' the track isnt open during the week but doors open at 12 noon Saturday to start practicing and racing usually starts at 5pm which has a cost of 18usd and 2usd if you need a transponder to use
Old 11-18-2009, 12:23 PM
Tech Addict

Default 10 scale tires?

On Saturday I saw a white 10 scale charger running some HPI X pattern tires and that car handled pretty good considering my cup car was a drifter anyways the ? here is were those the belted or standard x pattern tires anybody know who he was, D Lee any idea, I'd like to get a set for my 10 scale Mustang LMK Thanks
Old 11-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the replies Enzok

I watched that roll call quote like a hawk but doubt it was complete- I'm trying to decide what type of vehicle to get since Mushroom Bowl is by far the closest track for me to race this winter. Plus I'm looking forward to seeing a few familiar faces from XRC in Quarryville.

I just want to make sure that I find a class that will have enough people to run regularly, while at the same time using as much existing gear as possible. So far I'm thinking-

1- Cup Racer- I can use my new LiPo's
2- Mini T - Used to have one and still have some parts
3- 10th scale touring car (HB Cyclone maybe?)- Not sure how many entries in this class but as far as the car itself, this is my favorite.

Also not sure about power system- I read about them keeping Cup Racer motors at the track so that's easy, but what about 18th truck (mini T) or Touring can I set myself up with a brushless Mamba or something like that?

Sorry for the novel, if this info were posted somewhere I'd be more than happy to shut up and read it!

-Jake
Old 11-18-2009, 12:50 PM
Tech Prophet

has there been at least 4 1/18 trucks show up to race if the jumps are up im be there sometime in december
Old 11-18-2009, 12:52 PM
Tech Prophet

when i was there last year there was a stock class of rc18t with stock motors ,the modified ones were up in down yea a mamba brushless is fine
Old 11-18-2009, 01:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

12th scale pan cars is by-far the biggest class from recent weeks. What, it was 17 entries last weekend? This week, I'll bring mine (finally finished reworking it) and my son and I will run RC18T. Come on out and check it out Saturday nights.

The cup racer looks very cool - it's a bit smaller than 1/10 and Mushroom bowl's track is "a bit smaller than most 1/10 layouts". Recoils and cup racers seem to be perfectly fit to the MB layout. But most competition may be in the 1/12 and trucks classes.

Modified Mini-T trucks wouldn't work out - the 4wd RC18T would tear them up in terms of lap times. Had a few show up last year and I do remember one faster Mod Mini-T but mostly, you'd want 4wd. Mod RC18T is a good time - pretty fast and some good competition. IF jumps re-appear, could be a bit more fun for drivers, spectators and marshalls

There's a chance that the 1/16 scale 4wd Slash could be a growing class if they take-off. They look like a blast.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:15 PM
RMI
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We're going to try to keep the Cup Racer class using as much stock parts as possible. Not sure if the tires that it comes with have enough grip or not, but I had heard that Frank was having low grip with his. We will be trying to use a silver can motor which, if I understand this correctly, you will need to pay a one-time fee of $12 for using the Bowl's motor and you will return the motor at the end of the night, not knowing which motor you will get the next week. The one-time $12 fee will be to cover the cost of a motor, but the shop will hold on to it and make sure they are all withing a certain tolerance of each other to keep competition close. We would like to keep the cars as close to stock as possible also, stock parts and full bodies, with the exception I think of threaded shocks and sway bars. I believe we will be allowing those for handling.

As for the jumps, I must apologize for dropping the ball. I did complete the drawing and showed it to interested racers at that Bowl for their approval. I have not built one yet, but will try to get cracking on that. Sorry for the delay in getting this done.

Well, that's it for now, see y'all Saturday!
Old 11-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

For the 10th touring class. U can use any 2s Lipo pack or 6cell pack. Motor lately has been either a 27t brushed or a Sensored 17.5 BL motor. Tires are completely upto U Foam or Rubber both seem about equal on the Bowls new Layout.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Cup Racer Rules
  1. Box stock IE no graphite anything ... period, and no hacking up your car.
    1. If we find that we break something constantly then we can upgrade it but from what i understand these things are pretty durable.
  2. Threaded shocks are allowed
  3. Sway bars are allowed
  4. You can put anything you want in your car electronics wise but with brushed motors all that fancy timing stuff is useless so just buy a 20$ speedo and be done w/ it . In fact i will be using my old tekin from 1992.
  5. I'm working on the battery thing trying again to keep costs low but we can't mix lipo and cells w/ the same motor not very even. More to come on this.
  6. Bodies are the cup and mini class bodies.
  7. Tires are box stock. We will make them work.
  8. The motor will cost you 12$ but you will not get to take it home to prevent the old school motor masters from tweaking their motors (i'm one of them). Also they will be dyno'ed and tuned to within 100rpm of each other. And given back out at random. This process will be public i don't want any bickering about faster motor blah blah blah they will be as even as earthly possible.
I will dyno the motors but to avoid any issues a random person will distribute the motors on race day.

The purpose of this class is FUN!! We can chase tenths of a second in 1/12 scale or 1/10 scale. We need to get newer racers in the hobby and this is how i think we will do it. There are a couple of cup racers out there now. I have one now too, not sure if it will be ready in time for this weekend but next weekend for sure.

To anyone who is one the fence... 180$ is what the kits cost from us (the bowl/skyrocket).

As always suggestions are welcome, again this class is supposed to be FUN!! We will have freight trains of 7 cars snaking through the esses .

http://www.skyrocketbatteries.com/pr...roducts_id=106

Use coupon code "mushroom" without the quotes for the discount.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for all the prompt input everyone! I'll be there Sat spectating/deciding and racing within a week or two at most.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Enzok
On Saturday I saw a white 10 scale charger running some HPI X pattern tires and that car handled pretty good considering my cup car was a drifter anyways the ? here is were those the belted or standard x pattern tires anybody know who he was, D Lee any idea, I'd like to get a set for my 10 scale Mustang LMK Thanks
Those tires are standard and ran with no insert. Hope that helps also try some traction compound

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.