Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 06:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Howie!!!!
Old 01-29-2004, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by SpeedFreak
Thanks Howie!!!!
NO problem bro I havent been able to get in in three years if they do the lottery with my luck it will be 4
Old 01-29-2004, 07:20 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

If they do the lottery this year, I most likely wont even waste the time sending in a signup sheet. If I get my entry in there early, I feel that I should be able to attend the race.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman
If they do the lottery this year, I most likely wont even waste the time sending in a signup sheet. If I get my entry in there early, I feel that I should be able to attend the race.
Then don't. Nobody's forcing anybody to do anything and everybody's showing their hand about how they feel with all of this talk before a decision has been announced. You can go ahead and cherry pick racing in expert class at small race venues and say how you clean up in "pro stock" Let's just all wait and see how it pans out. Lottery or not.

I believe there may have been a meeting between the head hunchos this week so something should be announced shortly.

Last edited by rtypec; 01-29-2004 at 08:33 PM.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:50 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I woulda run pro mod, but I was already TQ in pro stock from the last month, still had a hell of a race all 5 mins, I just kept it clean for the win man (and I got all 5 mins on video to prove it )

I wanna make Reedy this year, it's the big one for SoCal, but it will definately suck if they do the lottery.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Rod that is too funny!!!
Old 01-30-2004, 01:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by rtypec
Then don't. Nobody's forcing anybody to do anything and everybody's showing their hand about how they feel with all of this talk before a decision has been announced. You can go ahead and cherry pick racing in expert class at small race venues and say how you clean up in "pro stock" Let's just all wait and see how it pans out. Lottery or not.

I believe there may have been a meeting between the head hunchos this week so something should be announced shortly.
Dood, you should be the last person to say anything about "cherry picking," Weren't you and aren't you at Tamiya like every Saturday for practice??? A little bird told me that you had your "RROC" car on the shelf for at least a month before the race last year. I would think that with all your practice days at Tamiya, it would be kinda boring to race a race where you can drive the track blind folded....hmmmm Say it loud...

Last edited by Fred Hubbard; 01-30-2004 at 01:59 AM.
Old 01-30-2004, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Fred Hubbard
Dood, you should be the last person to say anything about "cherry picking," Weren't you and aren't you at Tamiya like every Saturday for practice??? A little bird told me that you had your "RROC" car on the shelf for at least a month before the race last year. I would think that with all your practice days at Tamiya, it would be kinda boring to race a race where you can drive the track blind folded....hmmmm Say it loud...
Hi Fred I'll agree with you that I do practice almost every weekend at Tamiya but it's mostly to hang out with friends in a laid back environment and to have fun.

And yes, I probably could drive the track blind folded...but would need a spotter to tell me when to turn (full wood straight, a lift a little, sweep left, throttle a bit, straight, lift, full left lock, quick spurt, full right lock, roll onto full throttle, small line up for "kink", tiny left, lift, full right lock, stomp throttle, lift, full left lock, full throttle, line up 2/3 to fence, lift, "finese" left, roll on throttle, right breath throttle, left, full throttle, straight)

Hmmm, my RROC car, it was the same one that I was running last year at both Tamiya and Socal and was rebuilt a week before practice (and half-a$$ed to say the least ), now it sits in a box stripped of almost everything since it was used as a donor for my existing chassis.

In any event, I hope everyone who wishes to enter gets in and we can work on some farmer tans and fun in the sun (hoping for no drizzle this year)
Old 01-31-2004, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking REEDY ROC RACE

what is a good time to look out for the entry form for this race/????? I tried last year .. sent everything in and got nothin..!! not even cash back..............very dissapointed.......
Old 01-31-2004, 09:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Mark-

try around the end of March for entry form. Are you going to Pegusis Sun?
Old 02-01-2004, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

(hoping for no drizzle this year)
Aaahhh, rain or no rain, I'm sure you'll do pretty good . Last year's race was fun, watching the mod/factory guys tear out at the track in cold damp weather... wonder how they still managed to run sub 14s and high 13s under those conditions?!?
Old 02-01-2004, 08:06 AM
Tech Adept

Race of Champions, that means everyone else should stay home!

I'll Be There!
Old 02-01-2004, 11:03 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

And yes, I probably could drive the track blind folded...but would need a spotter to tell me when to turn (full wood straight, a lift a little, sweep left, throttle a bit, straight, lift, full left lock, quick spurt, full right lock, roll onto full throttle, small line up for "kink", tiny left, lift, full right lock, stomp throttle, lift, full left lock, full throttle, line up 2/3 to fence, lift, "finese" left, roll on throttle, right breath throttle, left, full throttle, straight)
Sounds like you got a shot at another win this year
Old 02-01-2004, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default speed freak..

thanks and pegasus was fun today...hopefully ill get to run the ROC >> that should be a fun race...
Old 02-01-2004, 09:18 PM
Tech Initiate

mb-

The last two years were great....even with the damp(!!!!) conditions....last year. I will be there this year and we should try to pit in the same area....with the Fukuyama guys anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.