Community
Wiki Posts
Search

808-RC HAWAII

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 11:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

HOA!!! thanks for the cool pics! I didn't realize how high Jr was going on the triple! Thats some really nice pics. Thanks for posting them and thanks for coming out today and helping with the build. Progress is a little slow but we doing what we can with what we have. Besides, we wasted alot of time trying to figure out the huge jump. My bad. As you know, we are no where near real track builders. LOL we just trying our best.
Thanks to all that came out yesterday, and today. We couldn't have done anything without your help. Especially Matt and Henry!
Old 09-06-2009, 11:49 PM
Tech Elite

Its me, I forgot to thank you for the pizza that you got too. That really hit the spot! Especially working in the hot sun.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

no prob man and yea I to didnt realize how high JR was till I seen the pic!

Ill try be out there as much as possible, I think im open for next weekend aswell?
Old 09-07-2009, 01:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ITS-ME
no prob man and yea I to didnt realize how high JR was till I seen the pic!

Ill try be out there as much as possible, I think im open for next weekend aswell?
right on, just come when you can. would be cool though.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:51 AM
J47
Tech Rookie

Good day,

Ill be flying in to Honolulu next week due to job demands and ill definitely spend a long time there. my place will be at waipahu. Now bringing my 1:10 nitro MT with me, are there any good Off road RC tracks in Honolulu? Hobby stores? due to the fact that im having a hard time contemplating what to get, A 1:10 Slash or an E-firestorm on my arrival.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE
That's kinda sad that the jumps are being built so big.

Don't get me wrong, I like big air. Been there, done that.

But it looks to me as is it's only being built to suit 1/8 B's & T's. What about 1/10th electric? Shortcourse? Most of these will be hard pressed to clear those.

While big air looks cool, chicks dig it. It will probably make for poor racing & even worse practice. Most people will probably spend most of the day running down the driver stand to flip thier car back over. Or will sandbox provide marshalls?

With all the dirt bradda Wayne can get, why not make them tables?
Posted this on forums, looking for some feedback.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by J47
Good day,

Ill be flying in to Honolulu next week due to job demands and ill definitely spend a long time there. my place will be at waipahu. Now bringing my 1:10 nitro MT with me, are there any good Off road RC tracks in Honolulu? Hobby stores? due to the fact that im having a hard time contemplating what to get, A 1:10 Slash or an E-firestorm on my arrival.
welcome J47. for on road racing, they race at keehi lagoon at the flight school but just heard rumors that they lost the permission to run there so I don't know if they will still be racing there when you come out. As for off road, there is a track out in barber's point that is an offroad carpeted track. Kinda small but I think is just right for what you are looking for. We are in the building stages of a new offroad dirt track out in sand island. This track is not yet open to the public and still in the rough building stages. Planned opening date is october 1 and not sure if it'll be ready by then. This track is going to be HUGE though. Hobby shops are Aloha Hobbies, TRCC, Hobbietat, Sandy Flemmings, and Hobbie company. Hope this helps
Old 09-08-2009, 11:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RPMwest Junkie
Yes I agree that it is designed mainly for 1/8. We designed it because 1/8 is very popular now and most of us that currently race wanted that. Don't get me wrong but we are still going to incorporate the smaller scales too. The track is HUGE and the smaller scales are not going to run the entire length of the track. As you can see in the pics, those are just about 1/3 of the entire track. The 1/8 scales will run on the entire track and the smaller ones will run on partial, thats how we designed it. It is also going to have an oval too. If you would like to see something in there then feel free to come out and help us along with the build. We kinda change things up as we go so everyone is somewhat happy......We want to help build the offroad racing scene, whether it is short course, 1/8 , monster truck, gas or electric, or whatever. We not going leave anyone out.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:33 PM
Tech Elite

As for turn marshalls, lol we all need to get our own on play days. No hired help here. Like anyplace else, you crash.........you dash. Race days will be as normal, everyone turn marshalls after your heat. Would be nice though if Sandbox did do that for us!
Old 09-08-2009, 11:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J47
Good day,

How long are you staying? For off road stuff, like neesh said we have a few shops and if you run nitro vehicles then the shops have odonnels, byrons, sidewinder, and cool power fuels. Different local shops carry different fuels so you gotta look around or ask here so that you know which shop to go to. I would try to bring something nitro powered since electric off road here is kinda hard. We wont know what kind of electric turnout there will be once the new track opens. There is also an on road track at the Hawaii box car racing track in kunia which is pretty close to Waipahu. Look it up on the internet. Good luck and let us know when you arrive.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Neesh
Yes I agree that it is designed mainly for 1/8. We designed it because 1/8 is very popular now and most of us that currently race wanted that. Don't get me wrong but we are still going to incorporate the smaller scales too. The track is HUGE and the smaller scales are not going to run the entire length of the track. As you can see in the pics, those are just about 1/3 of the entire track. The 1/8 scales will run on the entire track and the smaller ones will run on partial, thats how we designed it. It is also going to have an oval too. If you would like to see something in there then feel free to come out and help us along with the build. We kinda change things up as we go so everyone is somewhat happy......We want to help build the offroad racing scene, whether it is short course, 1/8 , monster truck, gas or electric, or whatever. We not going leave anyone out.
Thanks.

As I can see from the pics, that triple looks to be way on the back side from where the drivers stand will be, am I right? Hope everyone can hit it straight.

As for helping, I'd love to. As you can see from my SN, I loved RPM. I helped over there from the beggining. Also built our own 50 track with the help of bradda Wayne & his loader. It's just that my time is not like it used to be. If I can make it out, I will.

I really hope you consider the 1/10th 2wd SCT's, they're gonna be big. I'm not too worried about my SC8e, it's just the parachutte body that's got me worried.

Need to find a e-truggy.................................
Old 09-09-2009, 12:23 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks.

As I can see from the pics, that triple looks to be way on the back side from where the drivers stand will be, am I right? Hope everyone can hit it straight.

As for helping, I'd love to. As you can see from my SN, I loved RPM. I helped over there from the beggining. Also built our own 50 track with the help of bradda Wayne & his loader. It's just that my time is not like it used to be. If I can make it out, I will.

I really hope you consider the 1/10th 2wd SCT's, they're gonna be big. I'm not too worried about my SC8e, it's just the parachutte body that's got me worried.

yeah a bunch of us racers have a slash or sc10 so do alot of other people that don't race so we'll figure something out. I was thinking of getting a sc8e too if the interest is there. I wish i didn't sell my sc8 nitro though. Even if you come out just to meet the guys and take a look at the track build that would be cool.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks.

Solid man the more the merrier, if im not mistaken a couple of the clod guys are also going to try and make it on Saturday.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ITS-ME
Solid man the more the merrier, if im not mistaken a couple of the clod guys are also going to try and make it on Saturday.
cool! like you said, the more the merrier. LOL but I cannot come out on saturday. I can only come out on sunday. sorry.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:10 AM
J47
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by gotspeed_2000
How long are you staying? For off road stuff, like neesh said we have a few shops and if you run nitro vehicles then the shops have odonnels, byrons, sidewinder, and cool power fuels. Different local shops carry different fuels so you gotta look around or ask here so that you know which shop to go to. I would try to bring something nitro powered since electric off road here is kinda hard. We wont know what kind of electric turnout there will be once the new track opens. There is also an on road track at the Hawaii box car racing track in kunia which is pretty close to Waipahu. Look it up on the internet. Good luck and let us know when you arrive.
until christmas and then ill be back again January, what i use is the Cosmo rc fuel ( its the only fuel our LHS carries ) ill just get started with a different brand then. if ill be getting the slash then ill just have to rely on shipping for the parts and such.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.