Wiki Posts
Search

Horsham Rc Carpet racing 2009

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerzy JayRO
I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in running 21.5 touring car? Something more like "stock" touring car. I've only been racing for 5 months And not scared to admit with this new software 17.5 is over my skill level.

Are there any racers that would like to try 21.5 full timing and boost ?

Let's put the stock back onto touring car...
Before racers get discouraged and stop coming back
I have kicked the idea around quite a bit...17.5 w/ 203 is insane. I also realize diluting the classes is even worse. I believe in the structure of the mains. A is for the fast/novice, B is novice/begineer, C is for begineers and newbies etc. That structure gives your something to work for and keeps a persons intrest by allowing you to see your advancement in your main.

I will agree 17.5 w/203 is no longer entry level. Something needs to be done about that, or we will start losing guys and never get new ones. I would definetly drop down to either class (21.5 w/203 or 17.5 no turbo) I still don't know how to properly set-up a chassis...but I can tune the hell out of a Tekin...what's that say about how I drive!!!

Should be intresting!
Old 03-09-2010, 04:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Most points here are valid and the reason you haven't seen me running touring recently. My touring car got me back into the hobby via my dad.... I'm thankful for that. Everytime I felt I was making progress though, a new software version would come out and I'd lose the ground I'd been trying so hard to make up. It got a little out of hand for me and I spent more time wrenching then enjoying this great hobby and the guys associated with it. Frustration would lead to anger and it angers me when I get angry. I want to be a kinder, happier Joe.

I've been pushing WGT and now F1 because they are easier to setup, more fun to drive, cheaper cause I'm not breaking as much or burning up tires, and thus allowing more time to hang and enjoy the experience. I'm happy to see these classes growing by the week. I'm considering selling my touring car at this point because it has become such a rat race and I've been more frustrated than not. A "stockier" class might keep me interested in touring, but as of right now, I'm hooked on the pan cars because, more times than not, I come off the drivers stand with a smile.... and that's what this hobby for me should be all about.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (98%+)

Originally Posted by ElectriMagician
I also realize diluting the classes is even worse. I believe in the structure of the mains. A is for the fast/novice, B is novice/begineer, C is for begineers and newbies etc. I would definetly drop down to either class (21.5 w/203 or 17.5 no turbo)
Should be intresting!

I totally understand what your sayin, however your not diluting the classes if racers like myself and joe are not even running the car anymore cause its not fun.

the c-main still has you running a 17.5,which in my opinniion is to much for newer racers... when we started horsham and we were runing 17.5 with 189 software and i was having fun and not breaking shit every run.

i think 21.5 with open timing would be a fair medium. 17.5 not timing motors will run hot and wont let you use 203 to the fullest for when your ready to move up to 17.5
Old 03-09-2010, 05:17 AM
Tech Regular

plus with running 21.5, no one has to worry about controling speed-o's who has timing who doesnt. it would be silly tryin to police 203 software with no timing no boost

lets do 21.5 and call it a day and for us new guys, start having some enjoyment outta racing, which is what its all about
Old 03-09-2010, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

anyone else interested ????
I would guess vta would be a good alternative?
For the most part all you would need is a set of wheels
and a body.Fun class and the cars are slow enough to give
you some "think" time.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

Btw. I am down with racing Sunday.
I have a wedding/party Saturday night so I was not going to be able to race.
Might be a bit hung-over but I can make it.

Last edited by j.d.roost; 03-09-2010 at 05:44 AM.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

plus with running 21.5, no one has to worry about controling speed-o's who has timing who doesnt. it would be silly tryin to police 203 software with no timing no boost

lets do 21.5 and call it a day and for us new guys, start having some enjoyment outta racing, which is what its all about
How do you figure?? Remember what 203 did to 17.5?? It will do the same to a 21.5 class -- why do you think we took VTA to no timing/turbo??

A tekin with 293 will still be day-and-night faster then a GTB - so you'll still won't have the slower speeds you are looking for

last summer with SJCCR the VTA class (with timing) were running just about as fast as the 17.5 class - just to give you some perspective . Sharpe can attest to running a 'boosted' 21.5 VTA class and it's speeds
Old 03-09-2010, 08:17 AM
Tech Regular

17.5 PRE SOFTWARE 203 IS THE SPEED THAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.... SO YES 21.5 WITH TIMING AND TURBO WOULD BE RIGHT ABOUT WHERE WE NEED TO BE.

ONCE AGAIN ITS ONLY A SUGGESTION TO MAKE A "STOCK" CLASS AND KEEP RACERS AROUND.

FRUSTRATION AND NOT HAVING FUN WILL ONLY LAST SO LONG BEFORE ENTRY NUMBERS START TO DECLINE
Old 03-09-2010, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
How do you figure?? Remember what 203 did to 17.5?? It will do the same to a 21.5 class -- why do you think we took VTA to no timing/turbo??

A tekin with 293 will still be day-and-night faster then a GTB - so you'll still won't have the slower speeds you are looking for

last summer with SJCCR the VTA class (with timing) were running just about as fast as the 17.5 class - just to give you some perspective . Sharpe can attest to running a 'boosted' 21.5 VTA class and it's speeds
Based on my experiences last season, you'd have to take timing/turbo boost out of the equation to make 21.5 touring a viable class. I recall seeing several VTA cars last season running Tekin's v1.99 or 2.00 software that could match a 17.5 TC's straight line speed. Granted, the cars will be a bit more manageable, but the results would probably be about the same if boost isn't managed or banned altogether.

It seems that there are a few drivers that want to build and develop this class - if the rules are thought out properly from the onset, the class could be "the next big thing"...
Old 03-09-2010, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
Sharpe can attest to running a 'boosted' 21.5 VTA class and it's speeds
17.5 PRE SOFTWARE 203 IS THE SPEED THAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.... SO YES 21.5 WITH TIMING AND TURBO WOULD BE RIGHT ABOUT WHERE WE NEED TO BE.
There's the choice and the dilemma. Going to 21.5 requires buying a motor, but prevents people from cheating. Sticking with 17.5 w/o ESC timing is free $0, but opens the door to people cheating. It wouldn't take much for us to learn how to tech each ESC, and after having my TCS motor dynoed in tech multiple times this past weekend, plugging in a Hotwire seems easy.

There have been rumors that ROAR is considering the 21.5 motors for Stock class, and if that were to happen, it would make sense to follow suit without any hesitation. We could also jump the gun and show ROAR the inevitably positive results to push them along.

On the flip side, R/C Madness has a great following for their RCGT class that runs 17.5 w/o ESC timing, and it looks like Ray Murray's squad is going down the same path. Perhaps RCGT is the easy answer to provide a more recognizable class to get newbies into the hobby. Sadly, I can't remember the last time I saw a newbie.

Who was new this season? Last season? Last year?
Old 03-09-2010, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Sadly, I can't remember the last time I saw a newbie.

The introduction of the Slash brought many new racers to off road tracks around the country (my local included). Fairly easy to drive and they don't break.
No esc/motor wars ect.

I think onroad spec.racing was a fad back in the day for a bit. Why did it not pan out? Is it time for a comeback?

All of my little cousins are into x-box and ps3
Old 03-09-2010, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default yeap

Originally Posted by Jerzy JayRO View Post
I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in running 21.5 touring car? Something more like "stock" touring car. I've only been racing for 5 months And not scared to admit with this new software 17.5 is over my skill level.

Are there any racers that would like to try 21.5 full timing and boost ?

Let's put the stock back onto touring car...
Before racers get discouraged and stop coming back
This is probably the way (21.5) to go next indoor season.

Don't give up Jay Ro, we all have bad days. I've had more than my fair share.
Perhaps a demo class might be needed, 4 or more make a class. I'm sure we have that already.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe

There have been rumors that ROAR is considering the 21.5 motors for Stock class, and if that were to happen, it would make sense to follow suit without any hesitation. We could also jump the gun and show ROAR the inevitably positive results to push them along.

I agree with pushing forward with the motor change. the fact about buying a motor shouldn't be an issue everyone involved in racing spends money on tires,custom painted bodies etc....

The fact that you don't have to worry about cheating or someone else getting something u don't have is priceless.

rcgt is good and vta is fun, but its not TOURING CAR!

STOCK should be similar but alil slower and I think 21.5 would be best answer.

That's my 2 cents
Old 03-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

What Jay is trying to say is that we want to race a slower TOURING car class, not VTA or RCGT, we want the same tires and bodies that are used in touring cars. Not Vintage bodies, RCGT bodies and treaded tires. Thats not touring car racing.
Whats so hard about trying to run a 21.5 open speedo class at Horsham in the next few weeks?
Old 03-09-2010, 01:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by matt rem
What Jay is trying to say is that we want to race a slower TOURING car class, not VTA or RCGT, we want the same tires and bodies that are used in touring cars. Not Vintage bodies, RCGT bodies and treaded tires. Thats not touring car racing.
Whats so hard about trying to run a 21.5 open speedo class at Horsham in the next few weeks?
i'm sure there's no problem, but you are going to be running a class that in all essense (with open speedo) is only .5 - .75 second slower then the 'unboosted' 17.5 class...but you have the added expense of purchasing a 21.5 motor - as well as what 21.5 motor are you going to run?

do you run the novak and maybe be at a disadvantage compared to the Epic or Tekin 21.5s? or how about a SpeedPassion v3 21.5 vs the Novak or tekin or Epic?

that's fine that you wanna run a slower 'touring' class - but running an open speedo 21.5 isn't going to purely give you what you are looking for

but that's my 2 cents to this...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.