Fukuyama Le Sedan Challenge 2004

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2003, 06:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

when i say socal i mean socal rc race way
Old 12-17-2003, 07:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Well, you're not exactly keeping the classes simple. As it was said earlier, a novice and or intermediate class in a race this big could be a problem and "throwing in a micro class" is just throwing an hour of practice/racing away for the touring cars. A race of this size needs every minute of the day. 3 or 4 classes max would be more than enough to fill up the days.

Stock
19 turn
Mod
Pro Mod (sponsored drivers only)

That's my vote for the classes. Or you can eliminate stock and just do it like the Reedy Race was done and treat pro mod like invitational.
Old 12-18-2003, 09:37 PM
Tech Regular

My suggestion is:

Stock (maybe make that 23T handout)? all fair and square.
19t
Modified (10t limit)
Invitational (Factory Sponsored Drivers)

Simply and fast. Efficient and Fun! R/C magazine coverage with other R/C factory co-sponsoring because it will be a friendly get-together for racers and manufacturers to share and know one another. Fukuyama is a newcomer in the industry so inviting other manufacturers to show presence will me friendship. IMO.

Jimmy
Old 12-18-2003, 09:47 PM
Tech Rookie

no parking lot
Old 12-19-2003, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

The hotel parking lot race is an idea. Most of the largest races in the states have the race in the ball room, with pits in the rooms. You can save alot of money by not renting the ball room, and just using some asphalt outside.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Default Further development

Looks like we'll be planning for more than just that race with a pre-champ race prior to that and the final in Asia. So it'll be:

Pre-Champ.
Fukuyama Cup USA,
Fukuyama Int'l Race; Asia

Dan
Old 12-19-2003, 11:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Beautiful Downtown L.A. Where the sky is always on fire and the grass is always brown
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by jkerr0043
Well, you're not exactly keeping the classes simple. As it was said earlier, a novice and or intermediate class in a race this big could be a problem
Something to think about, the majority of racers are either novice or intermediate, regardless of what the individual racer might think. To leave out a novice class would exclude a lot of new/future stock and mod racers. True, they could sign up for the stock class but as we all know that causes big headaches for the true "Stock Drivers". So in a race this big where big prizes are at stake and emotions are running high, I think it would make sense to have a novice or intermediate class to prevent slower/inexperienced drivers from possibly ruining their and maybe someone else's day.
Old 12-19-2003, 12:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i agree with mini.. if you leave out the novice guys, it might discourage them in the long run. and its always fun to watch novice drivers battle it out.

you can always give them 4 min qualifying and limit the # of entries to 10 or something.. just a thought.

remember, we were all novice drivers once... OH WAIT.. im still novice. nevermind.

Old 12-19-2003, 12:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I see your guys point. So have the novice class, but this stuff of Wild Willy class, Micro class, Monster truck class, gearbox class, etc... There's over a half an hour right there. That's fine for weekend club racing but a big event like this, if it's not a competieion touring car, leave it at home.

Just the way I see it.
Old 12-19-2003, 12:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default Re: Further development

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
Looks like we'll be planning for more than just that race with a pre-champ race prior to that and the final in Asia. So it'll be:

Pre-Champ.
Fukuyama Cup USA,
Fukuyama Int'l Race; Asia

Dan
That sounds like an idea...
Old 12-19-2003, 03:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Beautiful Downtown L.A. Where the sky is always on fire and the grass is always brown
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by jkerr0043
I see your guys point. So have the novice class, but this stuff of Wild Willy class, Micro class, Monster truck class, gearbox class, etc... There's over a half an hour right there. That's fine for weekend club racing but a big event like this, if it's not a competieion touring car, leave it at home.

Just the way I see it.
Yeah, the willy,monster,gearbox, everything under the sun classes can be left out.
Old 12-19-2003, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking FUKU CHAMPIONSHIP

Cant wait for this one .. should be a race to remember and put in the books as one of R/C's best races.. Cant wit to see all the smiling faces ..
Old 12-19-2003, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Default Idea

Maybe host your first race in a parking lot location, second step it a level to an indoor or perminant track and then off to Japan!!!

Cost is a huge factor on the west coast and it may run a fortune to get a hotel like Snowbirds does every year.

Any idea on what the entry fee would be and how many entries you want to have?

I know what ever you choose Dan, it will be the best!!!!

ps..i second the vote for a sportsman class!!

PEACE..
John G.
www.rcheat.com
Old 12-19-2003, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by nick b.
I really think you should keep the classes simple that way you don’t have to many people coming. For instance novice sedan, intermediate sedan, sportsman stock, pro mod sedan, and throw in a micro class for the fun of it

As far as location if you can get the tamyia track that would be great but I doubt that will happen and try to keep it next to socal that way I can go and an indoor track like socal would be great but I don’t know if you would like to have it at socal

It would be great if you can supply hand out motors to keep the competition equal

What I suggest doing is finding out the races that were a big success and do the same but better
We feel the tamiya track IS NOT a viable solution. If the location is going to be an established track, then the opportunity for testing should be open to any chassis.
Old 12-19-2003, 11:43 PM

fred the should not be held at freedom park you are there all the time . te best track that this event could be held at is tamiya its a world class track and i know what you are think ,but the guy who live there so what no one can stop the tc3 thats all i say

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.