Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Cash Race 6/13/09 at Trains and Lanes (Easton, PA) >

Cash Race 6/13/09 at Trains and Lanes (Easton, PA)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cash Race 6/13/09 at Trains and Lanes (Easton, PA)

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 05:57 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TerryT71
The race was great until the rain came.
It was a blast til the rain showed up. The two worst rain storms I have been in this year unfortunately have been at T&L.

Oh well alot of other tracks are having the same problems. I know are offroad track close to my house only ran 3 times since April.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:50 AM
Tech Adept

Maybe we need to look into some voodoo anti-rain dance? 'Cause it's not looking good for this weekend either. Bummer.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by robsryd
Maybe we need to look into some voodoo anti-rain dance? 'Cause it's not looking good for this weekend either. Bummer.
Yeah weather looks iffy for a week straight. I hope the weather man just doesn't know, so they say chance of rain daily.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:41 AM
Tech Initiate

I know this is the On Road Thread But every time I try to check the Offroad thread nothing has been posted since the begining of April.
I drive buy T&L just about everyday on my way home from work & still see nothing going on with both offroad track's. & when I stoped in the store & tryed to bring up a conversation about the track it fell on Deaf Ear's. 1 Guy told me the Owner of T&L Can care less of all the tracks out there. Well this I can see 1st hand the Offroad track has weed's growing Up all around the track "Needs to be Cut" I thought a wile back there was going to be another Offroad track Built on the other side A fellow Offroader told me the track next to the Onroad guys cause Problems because if there Practicing or Racing "not Including Sat's" the onroad guy's "Freak Out" & complane how much time thay spend on track care. & he said something about "Dust" getting on the track " I myself dont think 1-2 Rig's on the Offroad track would harm there track" I'd say 4 or more Rig's Yes
& if there only Practicing "So What if alittle dust get's on the track" at least it ant on Sat Race day. But Bottom line Doese anyone know for Shure what the Fate of the Offroad track Racing Wise or if the Other Offroad track is going to get Built @ all My friend told me he'd heard some guy close to T&L was getting all kinds of Heavy Equipment to help with the Build & something about a Shipping Container for a R/C stand Oh yea my friend said he heard from one of his friend's that Coopersburg Kenworth was footing the bill for a hole new Offroad track & somthing about Paper's needed to be signed buy the Owner.
I think thouse paper's got shredd'ed & the truck Co pulled out & went trucking elseware
Old 06-17-2009, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default off road

we don't have any info on the off-road track...
I think we've been thru this similar question before.
same reply...
We Don't know anything about OffRoad.

suggestions:
1. Ask the store owner
2. please ask in the offroad thread.
3. If you're not getting a response from the track, that would probably be your answer

sorry dude...if a program was there I would probably use it to.
good luck

question answered....
back to the Cash Race...

Any VTAs in the next race?
Old 06-17-2009, 06:17 AM
Tech Adept

Grave95 how you doing buddy.

1. Yes you are in the wrong thread.
2. Why don't you stop in T&L and talk with the owner or manager yourself, since you drive by everyday.
3. Worried about weeds, bring your weedwacker and cut them down.
4. The guy that was bringing the machinery to build the new track got badly injured and went to the hospital for some time. Now he is behind work and doesn't have the time to donate to it.
5. Dust on the onroad track causes the cars to lose grip not very fun for the onroad guys. It only takes 1 vehicle to kick up the dust mother natures wind does the rest for you. All you have to do is wet the track before running helps off road grip and keep the dust down.
6. "Freak out" I don't think anyone has Freaked out. But how about you take a lot of time and money and fix up the off road track and some one comes by and lays asphalt on it. How would you feel?

So all you have to is stop in T&L instead of driving by and see whats going on. If nobody is doing anything maybe you should take the lead and start something. I am pretty sure something is in the works for Sunday off-road racing but not 100%.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 131 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TerryT71
Grave95 how you doing buddy.

1. Yes you are in the wrong thread.
2. Why don't you stop in T&L and talk with the owner or manager yourself, since you drive by everyday.
3. Worried about weeds, bring your weedwacker and cut them down.
4. The guy that was bringing the machinery to build the new track got badly injured and went to the hospital for some time. Now he is behind work and doesn't have the time to donate to it.
5. Dust on the onroad track causes the cars to lose grip not very fun for the onroad guys. It only takes 1 vehicle to kick up the dust mother natures wind does the rest for you. All you have to do is wet the track before running helps off road grip and keep the dust down.
6. "Freak out" I don't think anyone has Freaked out. But how about you take a lot of time and money and fix up the off road track and some one comes by and lays asphalt on it. How would you feel?

So all you have to is stop in T&L instead of driving by and see whats going on. If nobody is doing anything maybe you should take the lead and start something. I am pretty sure something is in the works for Sunday off-road racing but not 100%.

COOL..........

+1..........
Old 06-17-2009, 01:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

he keeps driving by the store just like he keeps posting the same questions

Grave to answer your question once and for all:

Nothing is going to happen with the offroad track.

Weeds will keep growing, and the jumps will keep getting smaller and smaller, untill it all decomposes into the ground. Dont ask us anymore, thats the answer. Nothing is going to happen!!!

NOTHING>>>

WHA DAAAHH FAHH

NOw, back to racing? Anyone have the points results??

Last edited by tenpins77; 06-17-2009 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Insert foot in mouth
Old 06-17-2009, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

could that be offroad withdrawl? swingflu in the works.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 131 (100%+)

[QUOTE=tenpins77;5949504]he keeps driving by the store just like he keeps posting the same questions

Grave to answer your question once and for all:

Nothing is going to happen with the offroad track.

Weeds will keep growing, and the jumps will keep getting smaller and smaller, untill it all decomposes into the ground. Dont ask us anymore, thats the answer. Nothing is going to happen!!!

NOTHING>>>

WHA DAAAHH FAHH

Old 06-22-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Grave95
I know this is the On Road Thread But every time I try to check the Offroad thread nothing has been posted since the begining of April.
I drive buy T&L just about everyday on my way home from work & still see nothing going on with both offroad track's. & when I stoped in the store & tryed to bring up a conversation about the track it fell on Deaf Ear's. 1 Guy told me the Owner of T&L Can care less of all the tracks out there. Well this I can see 1st hand the Offroad track has weed's growing Up all around the track "Needs to be Cut" I thought a wile back there was going to be another Offroad track Built on the other side A fellow Offroader told me the track next to the Onroad guys cause Problems because if there Practicing or Racing "not Including Sat's" the onroad guy's "Freak Out" & complane how much time thay spend on track care. & he said something about "Dust" getting on the track " I myself dont think 1-2 Rig's on the Offroad track would harm there track" I'd say 4 or more Rig's Yes
& if there only Practicing "So What if alittle dust get's on the track" at least it ant on Sat Race day. But Bottom line Doese anyone know for Shure what the Fate of the Offroad track Racing Wise or if the Other Offroad track is going to get Built @ all My friend told me he'd heard some guy close to T&L was getting all kinds of Heavy Equipment to help with the Build & something about a Shipping Container for a R/C stand Oh yea my friend said he heard from one of his friend's that Coopersburg Kenworth was footing the bill for a hole new Offroad track & somthing about Paper's needed to be signed buy the Owner.
I think thouse paper's got shredd'ed & the truck Co pulled out & went trucking elseware
If I may add my two cents. I feel your frustration with the offroad track. When I first started racing at T&L, I was a die hard offroad guy. However, it's like the others said, there's just not enough time and man power to keep the dirt track up to par at T&L, and sometimes work and family gets in the way of our good intensions when it comes to personally developing the substrate that we perfer to race on. The good news is that after I sold all of my offroad gear and eventually dipped my toe into the on-road program at T&L, I found myself amongst some of the most knowledgable and helpful racers that I've yet to encounter in my ten years of racing, primarily offroad up and down the eastern US. So keep checking out the onroad threads and think about enjoying the beauty of not having to clean your car with a garden hose after every race day, ie off-road, and I never did that. Dust on the track, water on the track, who cares, let's race.

Joel
Old 06-22-2009, 07:15 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by medservr
If I may add my two cents. I feel your frustration with the offroad track. When I first started racing at T&L, I was a die hard offroad guy. However, it's like the others said, there's just not enough time and man power to keep the dirt track up to par at T&L, and sometimes work and family gets in the way of our good intensions when it comes to personally developing the substrate that we perfer to race on. The good news is that after I sold all of my offroad gear and eventually dipped my toe into the on-road program at T&L, I found myself amongst some of the most knowledgable and helpful racers that I've yet to encounter in my ten years of racing, primarily offroad up and down the eastern US. So keep checking out the onroad threads and think about enjoying the beauty of not having to clean your car with a garden hose after every race day, ie off-road, and I never did that. Dust on the track, water on the track, who cares, let's race.

Joel
Excellent. I will say everytime I race touring at T&L all the people their are super cool and are very helpful. Just have to ask and they will try to the best of their ability to help you out. I know I needed some TC5 parts and Orlando did everything possible to help me out. Hell I think he was going to rip parts off his car so I could keep racing. Thats just the kind of guys I found at T&L.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default bump up

race flyer