Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
2009 Blue Diamond/G Force on road scene "ALL OUT"!! >

2009 Blue Diamond/G Force on road scene "ALL OUT"!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2009 Blue Diamond/G Force on road scene "ALL OUT"!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 08:04 AM
Tech Adept

Default trophy race

ill also be there at bd, regionals too far for me
Old 07-07-2009, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
I agree with the 3 min, 5 is way too much.
Also, why dont you guys post up the results on the wall? That way we can see the results a little easier.

Just my 2 cents
3 min warm ups usually stretch to 5 or 6 mins anyway with people asking for grace. 3 mins between heats is a little tight especially if you have electric guys running that day because you have to put your battery on charge for the next round usually takes a good 2 mins or so plus the walk back to the pits .

I usually run 2 classes and 5 min is a perfect time for me to get everything in order.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
3 min warm ups usually stretch to 5 or 6 mins anyway with people asking for grace. 3 mins between heats is a little tight especially if you have electric guys running that day because you have to put your battery on charge for the next round usually takes a good 2 mins or so plus the walk back to the pits .

I usually run 2 classes and 5 min is a perfect time for me to get everything in order.
You can put your car back on charge after you marshall. We run approx. 7 heats on any given day...it doesn't take that long to charge. The 5 minute warm up is too long I think. Most of the guys are starting their cars by the time the guys driving are coming down from the drivers stand. Last weekend I was standing on the drivers stand waiting cuz it took so long to start. If you said setup was why you needed 5 min, I would believe that, but to charge batteries, you got more than enough time.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

I just have a simple request that goes with the warm up time. Can we call the time in between just a little more. When in the pits, people warm up engines and at 100 dbl I and many others can't hear the time. Most of us automatically come up to the drivers stand at the end of the previous qual. If we can call out every 30 sec, it would help.

I say this because I do this in my job. My classes start on time. I call time down to the last second. I have a very good on time start.
Just a suggestion. Let stand at 5 mins. But start at the end of 5 min.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER
I just have a simple request that goes with the warm up time. Can we call the time in between just a little more. When in the pits, people warm up engines and at 100 dbl I and many others can't hear the time. Most of us automatically come up to the drivers stand at the end of the previous qual. If we can call out every 30 sec, it would help.

I say this because I do this in my job. My classes start on time. I call time down to the last second. I have a very good on time start.
Just a suggestion. Let stand at 5 mins. But start at the end of 5 min.
I think it's 5 minutes for the guys running two classes. Anything beyond that is too long. that's why it takes us hours to go thru 5 races with 3 heats.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid
I think it's 5 minutes for the guys running two classes. Anything beyond that is too long. that's why it takes us hours to go thru 5 races with 3 heats.
I agree with ya.
Evey genra that I have raced, On, off and the one time I raced unlimited hydro it was five min. I think that most of us wouldn't have a problem with three min. You would just have to be on deck at the end of previous race.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Had an Awesome time at the night race. Don your track is my favorite track, I just love it. Everyone was having a great time, but looked a little cracked out by the end of the night, it was hilarious.

Cant wait for the next night race.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Had an Awesome time at the night race. Don your track is my favorite track, I just love it. Everyone was having a great time, but looked a little cracked out by the end of the night, it was hilarious.

Cant wait for the next night race.
You should have been there around 4am when we left , the sun was starting to peek up over the horizon.

Want to talk about cracked out hahaha I was in rough shape and had to take my wife to airport at 5am ahahah.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid
I'm actually taking some time to get all organzied and such adn to keep things off my bench so i can move quickly between rounds. doing some quick math: 5(minutes)x3(heats)x7(classes)=105minutes so it adds 1 and 1/2 hours to the day, cutting it down to 3 minutes would reduce it to 63 minutes, which is about a 40 minute savings.

I wouldn't mind saving 40 minutes, I guess the issue is can we really get rolling in 3 minutes? Even with 5 minutes there are people who make it to the stand late ... would it just add more pressure and confusion w/ people running around asking for a minute?
Old 07-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

3 min. is plenty of time. The key thing with the Race Announcer is calling the names of the Drivers in the next heat. It is vital that with one minute in the heat, racers be reminded who's up next........ Those Guys should round up there gear and pit guys, and start getting ready for there runs. Saving time troughout the day gives better options for the durations of the Mains at the end of the day.

......Everyone plays a key roll with how to dictate the flow of the day.......... and don't forget the marshalling duties of each driver.......another vital key to moving things along.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I read a lot of suggestions here is mine, marshalling is always a problem in any track, I think if we have a table or a place that we could put our car near on the driver stand so that after the race they dont have to walk all the way to the pit and then come back to marshall, so we can start the next race right away, if we have so many class or race we shouldn't have a break after qualifying especially on night race. I support your track im driving all the way from Va, but that friday night race i get home 6am and for me that shouldn't be call a night race.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rc4fun
I read a lot of suggestions here is mine, marshalling is always a problem in any track, I think if we have a table or a place that we could put our car near on the driver stand so that after the race they dont have to walk all the way to the pit and then come back to marshall, so we can start the next race right away, if we have so many class or race we shouldn't have a break after qualifying especially on night race. I support your track im driving all the way from Va, but that friday night race i get home 6am and for me that shouldn't be call a night race.
That's sounds like a good idea. Perhaps put a plastic box behind the chairs in each station where you can place your car/ controller while you marshall. That way those items are always with you.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by YmeBP
I'm actually taking some time to get all organzied and such adn to keep things off my bench so i can move quickly between rounds. doing some quick math: 5(minutes)x3(heats)x7(classes)=105minutes so it adds 1 and 1/2 hours to the day, cutting it down to 3 minutes would reduce it to 63 minutes, which is about a 40 minute savings.

I wouldn't mind saving 40 minutes, I guess the issue is can we really get rolling in 3 minutes? Even with 5 minutes there are people who make it to the stand late ... would it just add more pressure and confusion w/ people running around asking for a minute?
Most of the time they come to the stand late because they wait until the last minute to get ready. Look at Juan, he's at the stand with 1 minute left in the previous heat. He comes back, does what he needs to do to his car, get it ready to go, then he goes and talks crap to whoever. some people do it the other way around and then end up rushing when their main comes.

It just seems like we take a really long time to go thru heats, when it's mostly the drivers (Casey has this thing down). Get your cars ready, then talk trash. At big races, we do it that way because you know you only have a certain amount of time. Plus, we are getting more races on a regular basis and the classes are growing along with the participants. Something has to be done or we'll be out there all night even if it's not a night race.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kwikvdub
3 min. is plenty of time. The key thing with the Race Announcer is calling the names of the Drivers in the next heat. It is vital that with one minute in the heat, racers be reminded who's up next........ Those Guys should round up there gear and pit guys, and start getting ready for there runs. Saving time troughout the day gives better options for the durations of the Mains at the end of the day.

......Everyone plays a key roll with how to dictate the flow of the day.......... and don't forget the marshalling duties of each driver.......another vital key to moving things along.
what he said.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rc4fun
It's an all night race I didn't get home til 5:30AM...and driving 100 miles with glossy eyes is not something I'm looking forward to doing again. On night races, the breaks should be limited. We had 9 classes last friday so that's 9*5*3 = 72 minutes per round - 8 for marshalling. If you can't get your car ready in 64 minutes, you should probably plan to run 2 quals and maybe a main.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.