Wiki Posts
Search

[B]Proposed Mid-America Touring Car Championship Series (MTCC)[/B]

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 01:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)
Default [B]Proposed Mid-America Touring Car Championship Series (MTCC)[/B]

Proposed Mid-America Touring Car Championship Series (MTCC)

I am trying to gauge interest in starting an electric touring car series in the Illinois, St Louis, Iowa areas. I have not talked to track owners yet, just seeing if I can get enough people interested or even a few wanting to help before I pursue it farther.

I lived in England while I was in the service for a few years. Over there I was able to participate in the BTCC series. While going around the country racing I enjoyed the great racing, format of the series, and most of all the friendships made. I am basing this on that series.

There seems to be electric touring car racers that want to race on asphalt, but a lack of organization is keeping people from it. No one likes to go to a track and race against 3 other people. With the countless numbers of classes, it is also difficult to figure out what tracks are racing what. With Lipo and brushless technology, and great pre-mount tires out there, the time is now to try and get a series off the ground.

This is the vision I have for the series. I have not talked to the owners, but if we can get enough interest I can take it farther.

There are 2 tracks that would be perfect. Leisure Hours raceway in Joliet IL, and Evolution raceway outside St. Louis. If there is a 3rd permanent track in the area I am open to ideas.

(4) Races total, with the best of (3) for championship points. (1) race a month starting in May, ending in August. Trophies at each event, and Championship trophies at the end of the series.

Proposed Classes
13.5 Brushless/Lipo
Open Mod or 17.5
World GT (possibility if enough interest)
Juniors championship, 16 and under running in the 13.5 or 17.5 class.
Jaco handout pre-mount tires (2 sets for each race day to keep costs down.)

I think 13.5 on a big tarmac track will not be too slow. It will create very close racing. Even 17.5 would be great for close racing. I don’t know how much interest in MOD there will be. Having too many classes will hurt this, so 2 classes and World GT would be an excellent format.

Please let me know your ideas and feedback on this.

Thanks,
Justin
Old 12-26-2008, 02:43 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I may be wrong but last I heard there is very little electric racing at either of the tracks you listed.

On another note though I would love to see some more asphalt races in "Mid-America". I have considered doing a simlar series also.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

I would be interested racing in the series. I know their are others in the St Louis area that would attend also.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mrrcguy
I may be wrong but last I heard there is very little electric racing at either of the tracks you listed.

On another note though I would love to see some more asphalt races in "Mid-America". I have considered doing a simlar series also.
Yeh, I know there are not alot of electric racers at either tracks. It also seems that the nitro turnouts are getting smaller also. I think there are alot of guys out there sitting on the side-lines waitting for something like this, but I could be wrong.
I think if we can find away to organize the turnouts and get an electric series going it would help with turnouts and maybe get some of the guys that switched to off-road back in the game.

The key will be 2 touring car classes, not 6 or 7, keeping the number of cars up and a fun atmosphere.

Justin
Old 12-26-2008, 04:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Some people may be concerned that 13.5 would be too slow on a track with 225ft back stretch. Here is an example of Cotswold Model Car Club in England. This was my favorite track over there and even in 27T it was soo much fun.

Old 12-26-2008, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

cool track there in the UK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEI88PeeHV0