Wiki Posts
Search

beltran raceway on road in door track

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 11:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hi,

Any signs of a 1/12th class developing? I'll by a car and race if a class exists.

thanks,

Eric
Old 12-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speed-e
Hi,

Any signs of a 1/12th class developing? I'll by a car and race if a class exists.

thanks,

Eric
Yes, 1/12 might even be the most popular class....
Old 12-10-2008, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Visited and ran on the track this morning with my Mini Cooper. This is a great Mini track and watching Jesse run his TC, it's good there too. The track surface is like the old SoCal track and once it rubbers in a bit the grip is going to be very good. Apparently, Paragon is okay to use, so you can dig it out from the back of the shelf.

For the Mini guys, your old SoCal set up will put you in the ball park. Grip isn't quite as good so a little jiggling with the springs and shocks might be needed.

Let's put it this way. I had a great time and Jesse couldn't have been more helpful. Thanx for building the track and I'll be there frequently. I forgot to ask, but has a racing schedule been established?????
Old 12-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Forgot to post this. Absolutely no need for a "tuned" silvercan here. A stock one may be better
Old 12-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Granpa
Forgot to post this. Absolutely no need for a "tuned" silvercan here. A stock one may be better
Bob, I'm glad you like the track. I was going to sell my Mini Cooper but I'm restoring it to run at Beltran and Speedtech. It will be a bit better now that I have taken a bit of help from ...... I can't say who! Just got the ESC for it in the mail about 20 minutes ago. See you on the track!
Old 12-10-2008, 04:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default 1/12th

Hi,

thanks,

Eric
I just ordered the new Orion ESC for my Xray so I'll be able to used the old BLesc in the 1/12th scale car. Might be ready to run on Saturday since my touring cars will be set-up for LM toys for tots...who's down?
Old 12-10-2008, 05:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GTRtuned
I just ordered the new Orion ESC for my Xray so I'll be able to used the old BLesc in the 1/12th scale car. Might be ready to run on Saturday since my touring cars will be set-up for LM toys for tots...who's down?
Speaking of BL motors, what kind of output is used for a "stock" class? I have a Novak Super Sport system collecting dust.

I'll order a car tonight. I'd like to drop by the track Saturday but I'll be racing my 1/5 scale at the GLARCRC T4T race.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Speaking of BL motors, what kind of output is used for a "stock" class? I have a Novak Super Sport system collecting dust.

I'll order a car tonight. I'd like to drop by the track Saturday but I'll be racing my 1/5 scale at the GLARCRC T4T race.
17.5 or 13.5BL should be fine. That's what I'll race at the big races. But for now I have the BL17.5 in my car right now which was the IIC set-up. Also take a look at the CRC NexGen or the Associated 12th scale. Both chassis win big races...
Old 12-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I bet USVTA cars with their 21.5 motors would be awesome on this track. I'll have to find a chance to bring mine down and try it out. Maybe if we get rained out in La Mirada on Sunday. Will you be open?
Old 12-11-2008, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by reenmachine
I bet USVTA cars with their 21.5 motors would be awesome on this track. I'll have to find a chance to bring mine down and try it out. Maybe if we get rained out in La Mirada on Sunday. Will you be open?
yes we will be open!
Old 12-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by King of B Main
Carl,

Alex, duey, francis and me raced at Beltran last week and the traction was awesome.

We thought the track would be better if the track was wider so Jesse and crew tore down the track and widened the track another 12 ft , repainted and changed layout so we have a little better track. They also did this all in 4 days...

The track might not be the biggest but its open Monday - Friday and its a indoor track.. Everyone is welcomed to come race or practice. I know for me it gives me a place to go practice during the week and I am definately getting a 12th scale..
hey mike i changed the layout like you said so we can have a big sweeper now i need a faster motor! lol
Old 12-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Granpa
Granpa, we need to get a mini cooper class going here like we did back at socal! I have talked to Dave and Devin (from Gyro) and they are up for racing Mini again.

Roger
Old 12-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chuyz06
hey mike i changed the layout like you said so we can have a big sweeper now i need a faster motor! lol
Jesse, I'll thankyou for Mike, myself, and everyone else. That sweeper is the way to go. I'll try and get some recruits to go and have fun.

When it rains and you want to run your car, this is the place to be! Indoor track and pits, friendly staff, gated parking, Mc Sh** burgers across the street. I don't eat there but many of you do. Come try the track out. I will also have a Mini Cooper to run in the near future.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Some good things planned for Beltran....Stay Tuned!
Old 12-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chuyz06
New layout already ?

I'll see you there this Saturday!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.