Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RCGT USA

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey All, I was wondering if there will ever be a spec chassis for RCGT, like the OFNA JL-10e or HPI? Both are very affordable chassis, easy to tune, and super beginner friendly.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spurcheck
yeah Charlie, how bout an answer on the Vauxhall body, what cha say, legal or illegal. Inquiring minds want to know.
Sorry for the late answer. Answer is no. It resembles the Stratus-type too closely and has that HUGE wing in the rear. Although some 4 door bodies are alowed(subaru/lancer) we try to keep it mostly 2 door based bodies.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by HarryN
Hey All, I was wondering if there will ever be a spec chassis for RCGT, like the OFNA JL-10e or HPI? Both are very affordable chassis, easy to tune, and super beginner friendly.
Harry, i think a Spec Chassis is a great idea. If the local track you race at agrees to it, it could make for some fun racing. It is up to the track director's discretion. It is hard for us in Cali to actually have a spec chassis RCGT class because there are way too nay racers who love their brand chassis, although i think if any one manufacturer would succeed in that, it would be Tamiya just because we have the TCS here. Either way, i think it is a good idea.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by charlie_b
Sorry for the late answer. Answer is no. It resembles the Stratus-type too closely and has that HUGE wing in the rear. Although some 4 door bodies are alowed(subaru/lancer) we try to keep it mostly 2 door based bodies.
Thanks for the response, I will pass the info into my buddy, the sultan of speed, Scooby Horton.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Ok cool thanks!
Old 06-15-2010, 08:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

hey Charlie what are the x-pattern tires for RCGT belted or non-belted? we tryin to get a class goin here in Vegas an just wanted to get some rules straight. Mazda Cup ya baby!!
Old 06-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gusg
hey Charlie what are the x-pattern tires for RCGT belted or non-belted? we tryin to get a class goin here in Vegas an just wanted to get some rules straight. Mazda Cup ya baby!!
All X-Patterns are legal for RCGT provided you mount them up with the included stock foam insert. D-Compound, Pro Compound, and Pro Belted.

When you have a little spare time, it would be a good idea to bone up on this thread:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...where-now.html
Old 06-15-2010, 10:57 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Gusg
Hey Gus!!!! The belted ones last way longer, but has a little less grip compared to the NON-Belted. The non belteds have the best grip but last about a raceday and a half to 2 days. It is all up to you bro!
Old 09-23-2010, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

So, what's going on with RCGT? Anyone know if there is going to be a 21.5 class for it like at WCRC in California?
Old 09-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

Nope..we are still running 17.5 at our end. I think what we will be adapting is bringing back the class to a non-boosted class. Originally we had the boosted stuff for Expert RCGT but seeing the results of it, we will bring it back to the original rules the way HPI intended which is 17.5 Non Boosted with Spoke wheels, X-Pattern Tires, and realistic body.