Wiki Posts
Search

MILESTONE RACEWAY

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stratus Racer
Rusty, when it is just your entry it isn't too bad, your right! Now look at it from teabag's point of view. Which is my same sentiment! Besides, how will your family feel about paying $10 each to come watch, just to watch?

P.S. I don't go to JBRL to race anymore. BTW, Reedy was closer to $700 in case your wondering.

I feel you man. I went on Saturday and paid for an overnighter for me and my family. Sunday morning Larry Cross walked up to me and told me I had to pay again. When I told him I had paid for the overnighter, his response was that I still had to pay for the day. I paid for 24 hour stay I thought only to find myself going back to pay again. This nickel and dime stuff won't work for me. Eventaully I paid 3 times to be able to race. Why??? I am still asking myself why?

If we aren't going to use the insurance that they provide for the motorcycles we shouldn't have to pay the same fee. Charlie has his own insurance as well as some of us having ROAR. If we are trying to get more spectators, charging them $10 to watch doesn't help the cause. This is the first time I've heard of people paying to watch an R/C race. I do pay to go to RCX/iHobby and other events but this is not like those events.
ok yeah it is a bad idea to charge people to just watch.
and now that I think about it I had a friend that wanted to stop by and see me suck at racing but didn't want to pay the entry fee.
so I will retract my last statement
Old 07-02-2008, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

PICTARS
Old 07-02-2008, 11:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stratus Racer
Rusty, when it is just your entry it isn't too bad, your right! Now look at it from teabag's point of view. Which is my same sentiment! Besides, how will your family feel about paying $10 each to come watch, just to watch?

P.S. I don't go to JBRL to race anymore. BTW, Reedy was closer to $700 in case your wondering.

I feel you man. I went on Saturday and paid for an overnighter for me and my family. Sunday morning Larry Cross walked up to me and told me I had to pay again. When I told him I had paid for the overnighter, his response was that I still had to pay for the day. I paid for 24 hour stay I thought only to find myself going back to pay again. This nickel and dime stuff won't work for me. Eventaully I paid 3 times to be able to race. Why??? I am still asking myself why?

If we aren't going to use the insurance that they provide for the motorcycles we shouldn't have to pay the same fee. Charlie has his own insurance as well as some of us having ROAR. If we are trying to get more spectators, charging them $10 to watch doesn't help the cause. This is the first time I've heard of people paying to watch an R/C race. I do pay to go to RCX/iHobby and other events but this is not like those events.
Stuff like this is why he is not gaining any fans in the dirt bike community. I checked the website and it is 10 per person during events and races. I would be willing to bet he did not charge anybody spectating the dirt bikes. I understand it is a business and it needs to be profitable but he does not look at the big picture which is customer service
Old 07-02-2008, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Pix? we have over 200 of them...and will post soon.

Guys, i totally understand where you all are coming from. I have to admit, i wasn't too keen on the double charge to Paco, but that will also reflect on the track itself. I am planning on having another event there, but knowing what i know now, im hoping a few things would change for the better. Ill make sure of that. If not, well..we always have other options.

As far as the track being dusty. It was on Saturday after i prepped the track. It still needed more, which I wish there was a little more prep before i got there. After being held hostage by Jarod and Steve, we arrived at the track at 6:30am to work on the track again. This time we blew off the track as well as hosed it down and pretty much eliminated the dust. I was actually surprised that the track stayed pretty clean during the rest of the day. As the motorcross track dried, you could see dust clouds in the back ground and worried me but still..it wasn't bad. I asked to get the track wet and they did wet it. I think over all the track was great. I would next time try to get the racers to be free to enter at least if possible. Sometimes, you gotta try something out in order to see how something is. Everything is a learning thing.

I personally wanted to thank Jarrod K, Pres. Ventura Road Runners,and Steve Bray, Vp. Ventura Road Runners/King Daddy Racing) for hooking me up with a place to stay as well as dinner. Jarrod has been one of my oldest friends in RC and it is always a good time when he is around.
I also wanted to thank our OC Circuit Regulars for coming out, Hammer Hall, SHake N back, Bottom Feeder Barden, Chris and Eric, Rusty, and Paco. Also special guest appearance by O Sherman who whopped on da 19T Pro class. Also, thankyou for supporting OC Circuit Vegas Boys, Steve Jackson, Cirilo, Gus, and the rest of the gang.

SPONSORS:
TAMIYA USA
HPI RACING
TEAM ASSOCIATED
TEAM ORION
PARMA PSE
KING DADDY RACING
VENTURA ROAD RUNNERS

Results will be in tonight, as soon as i make some phonecalls to Microsoft and try to locate the race results....uugh..VISTA!
Old 07-02-2008, 01:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

I do give you a lot of credit for trying someplace new Charlie. There is no way you would know the challenges you were going to have going in. It is just sad to see that big piece of ashplalt being wasted and then when it does get used, no effort by the management made to get the group back. I ould post a link to what the guys on Proride.com think of that palce but i have caused enough trouble! By the wy when is the next Hobbytown Corona race? I have a TC5 that still has not seen asphalt!
Old 07-02-2008, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

use my search trick i showed you, charlie. :P

anyways, the track dust was really fine. By fine i mean fine like middle eastern sand vs. newport beach sand lol. The 2nd and 3rd rounds had my car (and my niece's tc3) coming back covered in a few coats of very fine dust. Most of it blew off with a compressor but i feel like im gonna have to tear alot of my car down to clean it up nice and good. My tc3 rcgt car gets spared on that cuz of the sealed drivetrain, ill just clean the wheel bearings and be done with it but still. Not alot of people are using sealed drivetrain right now haha.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default ...

Baja race this Saturday...woohoo 1/5th scale action...
Old 07-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

Results are In!! Thanx Chris for hooking it up.

http://socal.rcracing.com/zcode/Race...8a.txt&ID=2823
Old 07-02-2008, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

no problemo...

now for PICTARS!!!
Old 07-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Syber Serulean
no problemo...

now for PICTARS!!!
word!
Old 07-03-2008, 12:34 AM
Super Moderator

TEAZURES...

We had a Deevo and C3PO Sighting!!!!

Old 07-03-2008, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Old 07-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Man all those milestone trophy race pics are great! Especially the one with paco in it...you know which one....

oh wait thats right you dont.

oh wait thats right I dont.

Old 07-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Tech Regular

10 bucks to watch??? wow, I can't even bring a pit man for free?

$10 to enter and $20 to race is okay, but if I have to pay to watch.....come on. I guess this won't be a spectator sport.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Well, I know we all complain at one time or another. Just didn't expect that one coming. Charlie has tried to bring us some fun racing and I commend him for giving Milestone a try. Ig he can work out the details, that would be great. He did say if not, we do have options. Way to go Charlie!

I took out some of my stuff to work on my car and noticed ants in my car and pit towel. Wondering if anyone else had this issue. Looking to get ready for another OC Circuit race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.