Wiki Posts
Search

Central Coast Racing (Nipomo, CA)

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ryan,

You buying or building a Roundy Round car for SMS again?

I sent the link for craigslist to all the local racers via email also.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

No Joe I wish that was the case.Im still trying to convince that gal to give those two cars not sell them to me. But shes in the same boat as most of us.

Im just spending a ton of time with the wife and kids.Have fun going to lake and hiking trips.I was cleaning the garage yesterday and figured Id just sell some this stuff I might not ever use.

Anyone need a boat I got those too.....
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...hull-boat.html

I put the TC3s on here last night
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...vta-ready.html

Im thinking of taking the kids ones 2and the other is 4 .To mini golf today.I think I have competly lost my mind.Its going to be very comical
Old 01-11-2009, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Enjoy them while you can Ryan, they grow up quick!!

(My daughter just turned 21, and son is almost 17....)

Mini-Golf use to be fun!! CRAZY, but FUN
Old 01-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Speaking of kids.Hows that mini stock coming Joe.Send me some pics I want to check it out.

Never know if those cars dont sell,Or something catches my eye you never know were Ill end up.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

I haven't done a lot w/ the Mini Stock... Timing never worked out last year with R/C race scheduling, I'm hoping to get it over to Weigel to have the seat re-mounted to get him a better fit. (I don't weld)

We're thinking we might be able to get him out there once or twice this year..if all goes right. Weigel was talking about doing a MINI STOCK School or something - might try to get him into that too, to get him some track time....

The draw back is I haven't worked in almost 2 years, and MONEY is running out QUICKLY. I ran out of State Disability, and didn't get approved for a Unemployment extention...so now I may have to FIND A JOB! YUCK!!!
Old 01-16-2009, 09:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

So whats this I hear of the next race being on Super Bowl Sunday??? My ship date for the Coast Guard got pushed to late Feburary so I might get one more race with you guys.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yup SB weekend.
I'd rather be racing then watching a 1 ball sport anyway..

RACING RACING RACING
Old 01-18-2009, 04:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Mad Painter are you up to painting a couple of Velo truck bodies for me?
Old 01-23-2009, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Hey! You're not allowed to run NEW truck bodies!

Do ANY of the local racers need Parts, Tires, Batteries, Motors, etc...

So far I haven't really had the NEW Stores try to stock up on Racing Parts -- mainly cause I don't know what local guys will buy locally.

Since they do help our local racing by providing the required insurance, which w/o it we can't race... It's nice to support them, (but they have to have what you need for that to happen)

What is the popular TC Tire?

I've asked them to put the ORION 3400 LIPO in stock and a couple of the 21.5 NOVAK B/L motors (Don't know if they have or not)

I've also asked for some bodies (OVAL), I don't know what TC bodies guys are using (other than VTA)
Old 01-24-2009, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

I know having some of the VTA stuff in stock would be nice. It's kind of a pain to go ordering all the stuff online, would be nice to get it all in one spot. I do know Lester is having a tough time stocking the store, it's a lot of cash to put out when the store is still pretty new. A little time and I think he will be able to get a good supply in there. Looking forward to the next race. Will probably end up leaving a bit early to catch the superbowl at 3:30.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

For TC Sorex tires are my choice, 32r and 36r are the best depending on temp. Premounts work, but I prefer building my own tires so I can pick the insert.
Mazda speed and speed 6 are my prefered bodies.

It should be no problem to get the races done by 3:30 if we can get started on time a run though the racing without delay. JOE????????????

I met up with J Miles today, he has started to build some new corners for the inside of the oval track. I bought some bender board today and he is suppling the wood, he will be buliding them this week and have them for next race. They will be built similar to the ones Fastlap used, they will be much more rigid than what we have been using, but still have some flex to take up some energy if they are hit. They are going to have more radias to make for a nicer corner and a little more track space in the corner, they will also stay in place better so the corners will stay consitant and turn marshling will be better around them.

I know its superbowl weekend, but hopfully the turnout will be good. We will try hard to get done in time for those who would like to race and watch the game.

I know that HRH moved their oval race day to the 8th, so maybe some of the out of town guys that would rather race than watch football will make the trip out to nipomo.

The weather is looking great also for sunday, see you all there.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well then A big thanks goes out to J Miles and Orin for the new Corners
So does this mean will get a Cleaner run line through the corner now
and I assume this mean the Road coarse will set up a bit Different too

Also Orin can you keep the Road Coarse on the easier side got a 8Yr old coming out to run RC in a VTA car
Old 01-25-2009, 02:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up LETZ RACE!!

Joe, Orin, Odie, and crew, Chris S. here in the central valley, glad to see your race dates are on the 1st Sundays of the month, ours are the 2nd sundays. This is really good news for me, 'cause I get to come and race you guys again. I've really missed racing with you guys. Jim Bishop has said he wants to come over too. Already notified the wife we're comming over on Saturday so we can go to the dunes and run my Baja 5b w/paddles. If it's as much fun as dirt or more, really looking foward to it. By the way if you haven't had a chance to drive one, you should. If you do, it will probably become another phase of our desease. LOL!!!! Anyway, see everyone next Sunday Chris S.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Chris,

Really cool! I'm hoping the track setup guys will be there bright and early and have things ready to run on ASAP.

A lot of the guys know I don't try to run a breakneck program for local races, in part because Myself and my son run two or three classes each...and I NEVER get to wrench - so HE's wrenching on ALL the cars! (*Plus we NEVER work on anything before we get to the track....)

But, if we can get classes and racers in the computer early enough -- I'd love to put the first race on the track by 10:00 - 10:30...

We haven't been having enough TC's to do 2 classes, but we have been running the Vintage Trans-Am cars on the road course...(Kinda slow, but another class)

I have NO CLUE who all will be with us on Sunday, HRH normally runs the first weekend, and they choose to NOT run on SUPERBOWL (what IS that anyway?) SUNDAY, so we might be picking up a few more guys for the kickoff!
Old 01-28-2009, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I'll be showing up with Orrin to run TC. Can't wait to race with the Nipomo crowd again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.