Search

07/07/07-5th Annual Charity Race @HobbyTown Glen Burnie MD

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by punkboy
Yea Sharpie!
Would be awesome if you can make it out. You still rollin with the Losi?
The Losi is scattered around my pit table ..... I just called Avis Rent-a-scaleracecar, "Hello and thank you for calling Avis, this is Latif speaking, how may I assist you today?" Poof! Instant Shoemachine.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

See you guys tommorow. I even painted up a new body for the race. No pictures, but it will be on the car tommorow.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

yo robbie had an great time there today, I even got sun burned

well it was my frist time there and I had lots of fun,

I;ll try to get up there more offen, again thanks for having this race

Hobby town of Glen burnie
Old 07-07-2007, 08:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Great show today from everyone. Thanks to Latif for calling the racing sure beats the hell outta dave even tho i had no luck in the mains i had a great time someone remind me next year not to run 3 cars
Old 07-07-2007, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Had a great day today even though I did more wrenching then racing.

I would like to say thanks to the Glen Burnie crew for having the race, it was for a great cause and was alot of fun. Thanks to Latif for callin' it. I'm looking forward to next year.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Cool Trophy girl ! ! !

Winning the C main was ok

Watching Mr. King winning his main was great !

Twenty dollors to race two classes for are favorite chairty in Beautiful down town Glen Burnie was great also !

Picture with our Beautiful Trophy girl ( Nicky ) PRICELESS !

~ ~ THANK YOU ROBBIE ! ~ ~

~ And you get to work with her thats what I call a LUCKY DOG !!! ~
Old 07-08-2007, 07:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys thanks for everyone at Hobbytown Glen Burnie for a great race yesterday.

Heres some pics that I took yesterday.

I will get CD's out to my pit crew soon.

Joe
Old 07-08-2007, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I want to thank everyone who came down to race with us on Saturday. As the population of racers in our hobby dwindles, your support is needed, and appreciated so much more.

I can't say enough about the race announcing. They can have Scotty on the west coast, but we have the beast from the east, Latif Michail!!! This is the only guy I know can call a two car rookie race and make it sound exciting enough to make you come out of your pit. Thanks Latif for making the trip down and calling a long, hot day of racing.

The consession stand, manned by Jim and Linda Dodge was great. The food was great and the prices were too. Thanks for giving up your racing for the day to provide all of us that quick bite between rounds.

Robbie Bobbie, fantastic job across the board. You promoted, obtained give-aways, and kept the program running as smooth as possible. Thank you, I'll be looking forward to next year's event.

Back to the racers. You people are the reason I still race. If it were not for the bench racing, general BS'ing during the races, red cup racing after the mains and the overall comradery, I would have certainly quit a long time ago. So again, Thank you all.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:05 AM
Tech Regular

Had a great time at the charity race. The competititon was high and the fun level was even higher and what can I say about Latif. He's the best and makes everybody around him enjoy the race. Thanks to Robbie for putting this race on and the whole gang at Hobbytown Glen Burnie. See everyone again next year.

Thanks,
Sr.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Konichiwa Bi*ches!~

Had a great time racing yesterday. The race program was 2nd to none! Alot of time and effort went into promoting and running this event. Big thanks to Robbie and the Gang at H/T Glen Burnie, Final thoughts, Latif, and all the racers who came out to support the event. Congrats to all the winners, TQs, and 123 finishers. Looking forward to next weekend.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

What a great race day! I'm a bit dissapointed in my performance, I felt that I should have been able to make the B-main. So I ended up getting punted around in the C-main.

Anyone happen to get any pictures of my car on the track? Light blue fade to almost black, in 4wd sedan class. I'm looking for a new desktop, and if someone got an action picture of my car, that would be awesome. Preferably not when I am upside down, or clipping a board or something like that.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

So who won?
Old 07-08-2007, 12:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What a good time!!!!! Latif..once again proving to be my lucky charm...Great job this weekend Bro. Thanks for all the shameless plugs as well.

H-Town and Robbie...great friggin job!!! Lookin forward to next year FO' SHO'!!!!!

Kling thanks for the couch, Bud and its good to finally know that you ARE actually married....to a women too....AND she's real and actually a pretty lady...who'd a thunk it...
Just kiddin.....well kinda...I really was wondering about ya.

Peace and pitbulls kids!!!!
Old 07-08-2007, 12:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Great Race

Great race Robbie, Hobbytown and gang ! Nice layout, smooth track, smoothly run race. Latif having you call the race helped make it worth the 5-6 hour drive. You make it exciting for all the drivers and do a fantastic job keeping us all updated on who's on the track and who's next.

Next year my wife plans to come out so we can make a weekend vacation of it. Take her to the castle tournament dinner Fri, then she goes shopping Saturday while I go racing

A Few pictures:
Here's the starting grid. Craig "The Ice Man" Xavier put Team Express at the pole. Sorry Larry, I was too busy trying to get pics to watch the actual race

Here's the A main drivers ... just before .... "going raaacinnnggg... at the sooouuunnddd ... of the toooooooonnee....."

Chris Young takes the 19T A main win, proving once again, to finish first, first you must finish. This race was a battle of attrition that finally came down to 2 excellent 19T driver / teammates battling for the win. After some bumping by the field in the first turn, Chris shot through for the early lead. He held off Robbie for a few laps, but finally gave Dodge a gentlemanly opening to pass, as Robbie obviously had the edge in hp today. Chris had his car handling smooth and kept himself in the race, as Robbie had the speed to win, but made a few contacts with the boards kept the two on the same lap. Coming to the last 30 seconds, it looked like Robbie finally had it sewn up, but with 3/4 lap to go, his car suddenly slowed and the smoke rolled out. Chris Young passed him for the last time and the win for Team Express. This photo (below) was taken late in the race. Only Robbie and Chris are left, with Robbie's car in the background and Chris's TXD Racing "Skin to Win" machine in front of the camera. Both were driving great, as evidenced by "Marshall X" who was able to take a break in his lounge chair next to the driver's stand. Behind him is the race-ready 1:1 Lexus that we all wanted to take for a few hot laps.

Old 07-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Nice pictures you guys. Joe, thanks for getting mine while it was actually on the track. It wasn't there very much

Again, great day of racing both watching and attempting to run. 19t was great, too bad Robbie smoked a motor, which was cool to see though. Loking forward to next year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.