SVM SPEEDWAY.. Sun Valley, CA.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SVM SPEEDWAY.. Sun Valley, CA.

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Default SVM SPEEDWAY (on-road track).. Sun Valley, CA.

We finally got this first of hopefully many races under our belt. thanks to Richard, Big guy (Jim) for keeping the track clean and presentable, a big thanks as well to Kelvin and Al for running the show. without you the race would not be possible. I only wish we have a better turnout nevertheles evryone who was there had a good time. plenty of smiles all around . I am very proud of you guys for turning in a race from scratch specially the computer work (kelvin and Al). by the way... Richard, thanks for the parts you have kept me in the race. Roy.. for pushing me and keeping me calm and steady not to mention pit work. for those that could not make it... you missed a lot of fun... good news. The boys of SVM and Team FRC are already planning for the next event. stay tuned.....

Last edited by RCRjuanabbe; 12-13-2006 at 08:58 PM. Reason: title needs changing
Old 11-28-2006, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

A little bit of info:

formerly KZ speedway
8295 Tujunga Ave. Sun Valley, CA 91352 .......(818)625-5045

Track & Shop Hours

Monday - Thursday 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Friday 5:00pm - Midnight
Saturday & Sunday 7:00am - 8:00pm.
*NOTE* If you would like to have the track open during the off hours please call Richard @ (818)625-5045
Old 11-28-2006, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

What classes are they running there now? Do they have a seperate monster truck class or is it still mixed in with the truggys?
Old 11-28-2006, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ittjv
What classes are they running there now? Do they have a seperate monster truck class or is it still mixed in with the truggys?
I didn't see the last offroad club race. Last month, I saw two classes run: 1/8th buggy and truggy. If someone comes in with a monster truck (where there's not enough to run a whole monster truck class), my guess is that Steve combines them in with the truggy class.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:08 PM
Tech Adept

what's up! guys!
tony
Old 11-28-2006, 05:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

By the posts, I take this is off-road only.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stratus Racer
We are mainly promoting the onroad track. The offroad already have a lot of exposure.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Stratus Racer, come run with us sometime... you run on road I take it?
Old 11-29-2006, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cooldude
what's up! guys!
tony
What's up Tony, how's it going?

Stratus Racer we're here to promote the onroad track. We're mainly onroad guys. But if there is a question about the offroad scene at SV, we'll answer it as best we can.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RCRjuanabbe
Stratus Racer, come run with us sometime... you run on road I take it?
Stock onroad it is. Please say Friday or Saturday nights. Is that the address on the earlier post?
Old 11-29-2006, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Stock onroad it is. Please say Friday or Saturday nights. Is that the address on the earlier post?
Friday nights is a regular get together. do you know anybody there?
somehow your call sign looks familiar. anyway don't be a stranger, please introduce yourself to the locals, they are all friendly. what do you run? if you don't mind me asking.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cooldude
what's up! guys!
tony
Hey Tony, nice to hear from you. did I ever thank you for pit work? you left while I was a turnmarshall . anyway salamat big boy. when are you coming down? do you still live up there? Palmdale right?
Old 11-29-2006, 08:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RCRjuanabbe
Friday nights is a regular get together. do you know anybody there?
somehow your call sign looks familiar. anyway don't be a stranger, please introduce yourself to the locals, they are all friendly. what do you run? if you don't mind me asking.
I don't think I know the guys there, but I might see familiar folks once there. I'll know you when you state your name . My name is Paco, usaully race Saturdays at SoCal Raceway in Huntington Beach. I race a T2 in stock and like it very much. I ran with the J.B.R.L. (5 of the 6 races) this past summer and have gone to a few of O.C. Circuit Races. Do I need to bring any of the following to race? Pit table, chair, canopy, electricity, extention cord? Is AMBrc used? What time does the track open for practice and what time does racing start, thanks?
Old 11-29-2006, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

I don't think I know the guys there, but I might see familiar folks once there. I'll know you when you state your name . My name is Paco, usaully race Saturdays at SoCal Raceway in Huntington Beach. I race a T2 in stock and like it very much. I ran with the J.B.R.L. (5 of the 6 races) this past summer and have gone to a few of O.C. Circuit Races. Do I need to bring any of the following to race? Pit table, chair, canopy, electricity, extention cord? Is AMBrc used? What time does the track open for practice and what time does racing start, thanks?
Hello Paco, Nice chatting with you. My name is John. I am one of the locals that runs at SVM. there are around 15 of us but 6-10 goes on friday nights regularly. you ran electric i take? not very many electrics goes there, in fact there are only two guys that I know of who owns one that actually runs there. but you are welcome to run with us.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:18 PM
moy
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

when is the next race...is it on dec 16?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.