Wiki Posts
Search

8th Annual Toys4Tots Race, La Mirada, CA

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 8th Annual Toys4Tots Race, La Mirada, CA

Here it is! That time of the year again!!! WOW that went by FAST!!!!!

Old 11-20-2006, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator

UPDATE:
Just put in the orders for the trophies. They WILL be there on time! The last trophy guy totally flaked last year and i think he might be outta business now...doesnt return any phonecalls. Oh well...T4T here we come!!!
Old 11-22-2006, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Charlie - got two gift baskets for raffle prizes again this year confirmed today. See you in a few weeks !
Old 11-23-2006, 11:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

sounds good Charlie, I have not missed it in the past 3 years....
Old 11-24-2006, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

HMMMM !!!!! might be do able .....
Old 11-26-2006, 10:09 PM
Tech Master

Location: Bending Corners R/C Raceway(s) 2190 North Canal Street Orange, CA 92865
Default Explotation

Last edited by TireShredder; 11-27-2006 at 11:42 AM.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

OOOOOHHHHH SHIT....

At least it's not me stirring the pot for once.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Double post...
Old 11-26-2006, 10:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Beautiful Downtown L.A. Where the sky is always on fire and the grass is always brown
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Damn Tireshredder! Why all the negativity?
I thought you and CB were buddies?
A few things to remember and now that you have your own track, things to think about:
It takes time to get sponsors to donate prizes.
It takes time and $$ to order trophies.

Please don't let this kind of stuff ruin the last two fun tracks to race at.

Mike
Old 11-26-2006, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator

Not gonna try to get into a pissing contest with you Raf. I don't even know why it is necessary to even post something like this. What ever your reasons are, i guess its your angle.
Yes, i charge more money for this race, and yes the racers are appreciated with trophies they earned, awards they recieved(i still have your thankyou plaque from last year btw), as well as a HUGE raffle that they get great prizes from the sponsors. (I believe we gave out 3 or 4 car kits).
Again, its cool what you think, you are entitled to you own opinion..i don't even understand why all the hostility towards my program is neccessary, you have only been welcomed and treated well everytime you came to ANY of my races. I even offered my AMB system for you to use to get your started, just let me know the days and i would get it to you at NO CHARGE.
The fact that you even post this shows its something personal and NOT anything with my program. You have my number, you could have used it. I peven told you before what ever you do i'd supoort it, but you never called, email, or PMed me. So what ever it is, call me. I do not know what changed between us, but seems pretty messed up knowing what we all had to go through all these years running races dealing with other race directors to racers in general. You KNOW what we do is hard enough, and NOT just getting a fee for putting a race on. I just don't get the attack. What ever it is, you can call me and tell me. If i did do something to you, call me and tell me. If not, then just leave my program alone and ill do teh same like i always did with yours.

Please do not respond, lets keep this thread what it is, the TOYS 4 TOTS thread. You want to talk to me, you have my number, the 926 one. I left you a message tonight.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

Location: Bending Corners R/C Raceway(s) 2190 North Canal Street Orange, CA 92865
Default Personnal / Business

Last edited by TireShredder; 11-27-2006 at 11:41 AM.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Regardless of the math, it takes some big brass ones (and not in a good way...) to come onto his thread like this and talk trash.

It seems to me that you ought to just stick to running your own program, let Charlie run his program as he sees fit and let the racers decide how the numbers work out for themselves.

I'm pretty sure we're all capable of doing basic math and deciding where we want to spend our money. Frankly, entry fees aren't very high on my "where am I going to race?" list.

At least that's my $.02 per racer.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

WOW.....I'm totally shocked by you Raf......whats up with the chin check comment to Charlie......your minus one racer at bendingcorners.......
Old 11-27-2006, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

WOW x2... I don't race anymore, and shouldn't even be responding to any of these. But the "business talk" above was disturbing enough that I feel I have the obligation to do so. I've known you two for quite a while now (We're talking about years here! The "Battle of the Manufacturers" was one of my first ever races...) Reading the stuff above was weird in so many ways!?

Nothing is free these days; heck, people even spend $$$ just to drink water. If this is all business talk... then do it in the background and don't get the "drivers" involved. People are smart enough to see what's going on and all have the option to choose where they would want to go... As TJoe mentioned, not a lot of seasoned racers put entry fee cost on top of their "where to race" criteria. It's usually, the competition, the fun (and sometimes, bragging rights) that gets them going...

Sorry, but these arguments makes me want to retire a bit longer...
Old 11-27-2006, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Last edited by TireShredder; 11-27-2006 at 11:42 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.