The Coliseum at HobbyTown USA

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 09:44 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
So I won't be there tomorrow...

I was all set to get it ready for tomorrow practice session... Now I have to take my wife shopping for an outfit for her son's wedding in May.
I had told her that if the radio wasn't in by this weekend I would take her....

Little did I know....
Why would you make a mistake and say something like that...........only thing that could happen is doom when the radio don't show. Wonder if you will be getting a dress to.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:47 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Beeen
No, I don't have any pictures but here is a link to their website newvillercspeedway.com. They usually have a pretty big crowd, and I can't figure out why; the track there isn't very big and it chews up tires quickly
Because most of those guys are old school dirt oval racers from 15 years back, nitro is in at least truck class cheap as aything to run, and like always the sound of nitro really brings new guys into the hobby when they see the racing. Almost every dirt oval around in the summer is busy in this area.

Remember Pa is a huge real dirt oval racing state and especially in central PA. Williamsgrove is huge and many of Newville's racers are into sprint cars and nascar so add nitro and its a done deal.

Track might tear up tires in some classes but I ran nitro truck and ran 7 weeks on the oval with the same tires and still have tread on the tires for at least 3 or more races. This might not happen in sprints but should get at least 2 to 4 weeks.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Has anyone seen the thread about the "Porsche Cup Series?" looks kinda neat
No it is feakin awesome.... I've tried twice to get a F1 type race series going and we ran for 2 years at the Track and 1 year at the Manassas Hobbytown.

There is just not enuff people that want to do it around here...
Old 03-02-2007, 10:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wyd
Why would you make a mistake and say something like that...........only thing that could happen is doom when the radio don't show. Wonder if you will be getting a dress to.
Funny.. real funny.... A leisure suit maybe.....
I kept track of the shipment.... I told her this thursday...
Old 03-03-2007, 06:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Funny.. real funny.... A leisure suit maybe.....
I kept track of the shipment.... I told her this thursday...
Rick in a leasure suit, now that would be a picture that would never go away!
Old 03-03-2007, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Because most of those guys are old school dirt oval racers from 15 years back, nitro is in at least truck class cheap as aything to run, and like always the sound of nitro really brings new guys into the hobby when they see the racing. Almost every dirt oval around in the summer is busy in this area.

Remember Pa is a huge real dirt oval racing state and especially in central PA. Williamsgrove is huge and many of Newville's racers are into sprint cars and nascar so add nitro and its a done deal.

Track might tear up tires in some classes but I ran nitro truck and ran 7 weeks on the oval with the same tires and still have tread on the tires for at least 3 or more races. This might not happen in sprints but should get at least 2 to 4 weeks.
Yea, in 8th grade I moved to Mechanicsburg and was only 10-15 mins from Williams Grove Speedway and 15-20 from Silver Springs Speedway. We used to go every Fri/Sat night if we didn't have to work.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

No it is feakin awesome.... I've tried twice to get a F1 type race series going and we ran for 2 years at the Track and 1 year at the Manassas Hobbytown.

There is just not enuff people that want to do it around here...
I'd get into it if you didn't have to run a Tamiya; instead just any 2wd car with a silvercan. I don't know why but I really like the idea of a spec Porsche body.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
I have a couple of pics from my first marriage in 1976 in a BLUE LEISURE suit with white thread.....

But I'll keep them hidden away.... Far Far away.....
Old 03-03-2007, 01:58 PM
Tech Champion

I'd get into it if you didn't have to run a Tamiya; instead just any 2wd car with a silvercan. I don't know why but I really like the idea of a spec Porsche body.
But that defeats the whole purpose of the series....
I'd like to see a series that everyone has the same car,body,motor,batteries and tires... The only difference would be the radio....
Old 03-03-2007, 06:19 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
Now that would be funny.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'd love to run a spec series but that would take away from my touring car racing and thats where the competition is so thats where I'm staying, It looks like a ton of fun though. If anybody wants to hear something funny ask Brian about my Pro4 statement

Good night of racing last night, I got so beat up in the main my car looked like a pretzel when I pulled it off, time to put the carpet lower deck on.

I got Feathered in the main I think schnelli and I need to start a support group
Old 03-04-2007, 06:47 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by GroffBall
I'd love to run a spec series but that would take away from my touring car racing and thats where the competition is so thats where I'm staying, It looks like a ton of fun though. If anybody wants to hear something funny ask Brian about my Pro4 statement

Good night of racing last night, I got so beat up in the main my car looked like a pretzel when I pulled it off, time to put the carpet lower deck on.

I got Feathered in the main I think schnelli and I need to start a support group
You know it is funny who things work out.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

post up a link Im a huge porsche fan and I would love to see that.I can't seem to find the thread
Old 03-04-2007, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

nvmd beeen found it
Old 03-04-2007, 11:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

But that defeats the whole purpose of the series....
I'd like to see a series that everyone has the same car,body,motor,batteries and tires... The only difference would be the radio....
I understand your point, but I think we'd have a better chance of getting a class like this started if people could run a car that they already own. I surely don't want to go out and buy a whole new vehicle for a class that might not even stick around.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.