Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By RC10Nick
  • 1 Post By RobS

2024 IFMAR 1/8 Off-Road C/Ship

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2024, 03:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default 2024 IFMAR 1/8 Off-Road C/Ship

On-again off-again I follow 1/8 offroad Worlds. With track prep beginning in Sao Paulo thought I'd put this place marker up to follow progress and eventual race September later this year.

Red RC posted this up to their website dated today. Guess this is a good a place as any to start:

1/8 C/Ship
Old 03-23-2024, 06:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Wow! Reading on Red RC, Brazil is backing out of hosting the 1/8 Off-Road C/Ship. Short notice. Sux. Wonder what prompted that? No matter, shrug it off and drive on.

Both Mexico (Guadalajara) and Argentina (Buenos Aires) are stepping up to offer venues. IFMAR's gonna have to make a quick choice without much deliberation to put a new location in place.

Oh, and Bolivia (Santa Cruz de la Sierra) has its foot in the door with a proposal as well. Track picture on Red RC looks promising. Lots of interest in picking up the ball Brazil dropped. That's a good thing. Bolivia put together a very impressive proposal. Very professional looking.

Last edited by AHR43; 03-23-2024 at 07:15 AM. Reason: add in Bolivia as a venue
Old 03-25-2024, 04:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I suspect the story is similar to the '09 worlds - Brazil is still basically a 3rd world country and I'm sure plenty of racers didn't feel safe bringing thousands of dollars worth of equipment into a country with one of the highest crime rates in the world.
AHR43 likes this.
Old 03-29-2024, 07:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Looks like they are going back to Spain. Makes sense I guess.. Infrastructure is in place and they have the experience running the event which will make for less headaches due to the short notice.

https://www.redrc.net/2024/03/ifmar-...n/#more-219852
AHR43 likes this.
Old 03-29-2024, 12:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah, just read the IFMAR decision to fall back on Europe. Bolivia (SA) had a first-class presentation. Oh well, Spain it is.
Old 04-19-2024, 08:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Second round of the Asian Buggy C/ship kicks off today and it's already tomorrow in Manila, the Philippines. Obviously, not the World's, but a lot of the same players are there so, for me, worth following and noting the results.
Old 04-22-2024, 03:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ongaro for TQ and the W in round 2 of the Asian's. Wheeling an AE RC8 B4.1 shod with Matrix Blackhole tires. O.S. Speed engine fueled with 'Energy' nitro. Sanwa radio system.

Paraphrasing and quoting out of context from the Red RC report, "He concluded, ‘I’m happy with my race. It was an intense final and good training for the Worlds.