Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Off Road Racing in South Mississippi?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2022, 07:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Off Road Racing in South Mississippi?

Anyone racing off road 1/10 or 1/8 scale in south mississippi? i have a home track but would really like to club race or maybe get together and race.
Old 01-21-2022, 09:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

I'd be interested in learning about any tracks along the I-10 corridor as I plan to travel through the area as well between Texas to Florida to visit my son and would be nice to plan my travels around race events.
Old 01-21-2022, 02:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by billdelong
I'd be interested in learning about any tracks along the I-10 corridor as I plan to travel through the area as well between Texas to Florida to visit my son and would be nice to plan my travels around race events.
I think you live in the best state for rc tracks. I live about an hour and fifteen minutes north of I-10 you could always stop by and race with me and my grandson and maybe put something on the grill... We could call it an event.. I may even can get one of my lazy friends to get out of the house and come race but the track is kinda grassy now....
Old 01-21-2022, 03:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

That's a great track!

Yes, after recently doing some travel across the South and visiting a handful of tracks, I've grown to appreciate Thornhill even more as my home track.

If you've got space for me to park my RV and boondock for the night, we can certainly make plans next time we're passing through!

Currently staying our last night tonight near Mobile and plan to stay at John Schneider's place in Louisiana tomorrow night.
Old 01-21-2022, 07:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by billdelong
That's a great track!

Yes, after recently doing some travel across the South and visiting a handful of tracks, I've grown to appreciate Thornhill even more as my home track.

If you've got space for me to park my RV and boondock for the night, we can certainly make plans next time we're passing through!

Currently staying our last night tonight near Mobile and plan to stay at John Schneider's place in Louisiana tomorrow night.
Ive got 4 acres so we have plenty of room when ever you get ready let me know be glad to have you. Wow Schneider's place thats great. I watch his youtube channel sometimes.

The track needs work but mostly needs run on. Its always been a work in progress. Here is what it did look like not long ago and a slow mo vid of the tripple.....