Wiki Posts
Search

Manassas Hobby Town to start racing

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 09:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Points opener on the 6th of May.
Had a few new faces at the track, and a lot of people are learning and that is good for the sport.
Ryan Schaeffer was Real close to a win, just pitted too early on fuel, and died on the last lap and Scott Sebastian took the win.
Few electric touring guys there and they were close and some good racing.
Stadium trucks were a real close race, and the Monster trucks were fun, but not many left for the finals, the traction took a toll on parts I know it ate my transmission on the last heat race.
Come on out if you are new to racing, or would like to get into it and see what the feel might be like. It is some cheap fun for $10 to race, and everyone is very friendly and helpful.
So, Mark and others, if you have a week off, gear it down some and come on down, won't be as hard on the motor with 10 minute mains
Jeff
Old 05-08-2006, 08:07 AM
Tech Addict

Jeff,
Got that bigger fuel filter know, hopefully that wont happen again... Hay when your pitting for yourself what do you expect.. If anyone wants to come out on off weekends from 301 please come out. Very nice group of people.

I also talked to the new owner of Olde Town Hobby Shop and he is going to try to start racing on sundays..Jeff didnt leave him with much to work with though.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Tech Regular

Yes Ryan, that bigger filter would have done it for you, or an extra loop or two in the fuel line. You car did look good though, and see what happens this week.

I heard the guy up there was going to race, but I have also been hearing that since he bought the place, and haven't seen anything out of him. I will drop by and see if there is anything I can run up there.

I thought traction was pretty good this last week, and hope more will show up in the Nitro class.

Jack is a nice guy and runs a pretty good race, I know the computer was killing him the other day, but he did get all in it and in a timely manner.

Did you go online to http://www.jlapracemanager.com/JL_Home.aspx
you can see all of the results there, just go to VA and Manassas Hobby Town.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:28 AM
Tech Addict

Yes I did. Hope weather is good this weekend
Old 05-13-2006, 10:52 PM
Tech Regular

Good races at the track today. Some close races in most the classes and getting more people each week, which is good.
Seems The Novice guys are really learning fast and that is good to get new people into the sport and want to learn how to go fast and do it in the right way.
Congrats to Ryan for Winning Nitro, I got lucky and won Monster and Stadium, and not sure on the other classes, I will have to check those out and post latter.
Next week the 3rd Sat. the track will be off, (as it will be each 3rd Sat.) but looking forward to more action the next week and it will be the 3rd points race of the year.
If you have a Monster truck, stadium truck, or anything that the other tracks don't run,and you would like to run it on asphalt, bring it on out and for $10 you can't have a better time, and a chance at some door prizes also, or take a chance to win a Spektrum radio.
All the money taken in for the races is going to Charity, the CAUSE which is a great help to our military folks.
Looking forward to seeing you there.
Classes that are being run now, are Novice, Which combine a few together, Nitro touring, Electric tourning, Stadium Truck, and Monster Truck. Everyone seems to be having a good time.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:53 PM
Tech Regular

Default May 27th Races are on

The races are on at Manassas Hobby Town this weekend, if the weather wants to work with us.

This will be the 3rd race in a 9 series points race, (of which the worst 2 will be thrown out) so if you haven't joined in yet, you still have a chance with this only being the 3rd race.

There has been a good showing of Monster trucks, and Stadium trucks, with Nitro and electic cars picking up each week as the word gets out.

Hope to see you there.

(Each 3rd Sat. there is a break in the racing and there are no races, so put that on your calendar)
Old 06-08-2006, 01:25 AM
Tech Regular

Default Weather looks good

Ryan, are you or any of the other Nitro guys going to show up this week? I know last week looked like the weather was going to be bad, but turned into a nice day, (except for the wind). Had a few new guys there, which is good, so it is getting the sport to expand and getting more interested into it.
Come on out if you haven't been to the VRE racing lot. All are having a fun time and gaining more speed and driving experience each week.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

Races are back on for this Sat. June 24th. Had a few out testing things last week and one person even showed up wanting to see what was happening as he hadn't been down in some time, but had to tell him we are not racing EVERY 3rd Sat. in the month. Owner has to take a break to keep all happy in shop and family.
If you have a Stadium truck, or Monster Truck, bring it on down, there are a lot in those classes and everyone is having a good time.
I think all of the fast guys will be at 301 this weekend, but there will be other Nitro cars there that are locals that can dish it out, so all are welcome.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:10 PM
Tech Addict

It's good to hear there is racing in Manassas, I live in San Francisco CA but travel a ton 90% for work and will be visiting Micron in Manassas a number of times. I'll have to pack my rc stuff next time I go.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:33 PM
Tech Regular

Sounds good, we race about 2 miles from Micron, right by the Manassas Airport at the VRE lot. Race each Sat. but the 3rd Sat. of the month. Bring your car along and join in. If you have any questions, ask away, or you can look at my bottom tag and go to the forum there and get most anything answered you might have questions about.

Originally Posted by E.J. Evans
It's good to hear there is racing in Manassas, I live in San Francisco CA but travel a ton 90% for work and will be visiting Micron in Manassas a number of times. I'll have to pack my rc stuff next time I go.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

If racing electric TC, who ussually provides power?
Old 06-22-2006, 03:36 PM
Tech Regular

All that run electric, provide their own power, from either DC source, or some have generators. I have a invertor I use that I run off a deep cycle battery. Entry is only $10, so you can't expect everything, and this is not a permanent site.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Just wanted to know before I head ou there, BTW where I race,fees are also $10.00 and they provide power, but anyways bottom line is to have fun. Cya there soon.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:50 PM
Tech Regular

Default Rain is gone, or I hope it is

There should be races this weekend. Looks like the rain might want to hold off long enough.
There have been some changes in the points (since we got cut a few races because of the rain) other info on this and for the second points session have been put in my forum listed below, so check the forums, and ask any questions you might have.

Looking forward to seeing you this weekend for some racing.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:30 AM
Tech Regular

Default Being off next 2 weeks

I just wanted to drop a little note here to tell people that the track will be closed for the next two weeks July 8th and July 15th, then back open on July 22nd for the last race of the first session. I would think trophies, and all will be given out that day.
The next week should start the second session which will be the best 7 of 9 races, and will race EACH Saturday, instead of being off every third Sat. like before. If you want to get in and win the 2nd series come on down.
Come on down if you are in the area, meet a few people and have some fun.
There are a LOT of plans being made for this coming up year, so keep tuned.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.