Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Schedule and Discussion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 11:10 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Wow. This is just R/C racing nitro Neil. Not NASCAR inspection . This sport all comes down to driving and set up. Speed don't really matter. Especially on dirt with big jumps . Maybe talk that out with racem in person or on the phone or in person not a keyboard.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Hey what battery connectors do the rentals have? Im using a rental for my big brothers/big sisters team. I was going to use my lipos with them so i can have them charged before i get to the track.

Also i loved the way the pete moss held moisture. I wonder how long that stuff will last on the track!?!?
Old 06-24-2013, 01:07 PM
Suspended

If you are interested in some awesome ride height gauges for your R/C car or truck I got the hot ticket. Easy to use and very accurate. Adjustable range is 21mm to 37mm.
You can get them as a single or a pair . New from Hurricane Motorsports..
PM me if interested
Old 06-24-2013, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

This whole topic is getting pretty old in my Opinion.. As Race Em's PR Director it is my job to relay to the public rule changes and modifications. So if the Rule Changes were not changed I'll take responsibility for that. When we were planning the season we truly had 0 interest in 1/8th scale buggy other than Nitro Days. Then interest in the class skyrocketed and we are happy to have them. The class has been great thus far..
The situation with the battery is rediculous. If we were running 15 minute mains and 8 minute heats then fine but we are not and wont be. A 2s was the Fastest buggy on the track yesterday. After this topic was brought up initially we had a board mtg to talk about the rule package for 8th scale buggy and made adjustments based on the class not the driver. To imply we are bending the rules to benefit the Track president or any of our Members is offensive. And frankly pisses me off. We try to make a rules package that suits everybody but know we cant please everybody. We do the best we can. We are not perfect.
We have drivers meetings before the races to discuss Rule Changes, Weather, Classes, ECT. NOT A WORD was said yesterday by anyone objecting to what we changed and it was talked about. I think it went something like 8th scale buggy will and always has been an open class. Then silence. If there was a problem it should have been spoken then. Im sure if someone would have spoke up in person Justin would have no problem addressing it and making a decision that everyone would agree on. But when nothing is said in person when the subject is open for discussion we assume we are all in agreement and move on to get the program going. To see shots being taken from the desk after the fact really doesnt lend it self well to a creditable complaint. If you have a compaint speak you mind we are a fair group and will take your complaints and suggestion to the board for resolution. I think that is more than fair..
Old 06-24-2013, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dashat2
RCMIKET Who are you?? Trying to put the screen name with the face so I can write you that Monopoly money check...LOL
I think I was asking for the monopoly money!!
don't offer it out to someone else

and the last time I played monopoly,was many years ago.dont remember there being monopoly (checks).

I looking for the cash
Old 06-24-2013, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drgrcrp301
If you are interested in some awesome ride height gauges for your R/C car or truck I got the hot ticket. Easy to use and very accurate. Adjustable range is 21mm to 37mm.
You can get them as a single or a pair . New from Hurricane Motorsports..
PM me if interested
pm'd you on this. thanx
Old 06-24-2013, 04:03 PM
Got a little Captain in ya??

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Gates won't open before 8am
Come up and register before you practice
After you practice go out and Marshall
Everyone must attend drivers meetings
Everyone to the backstretch for opening ceremonies
Don't park by the water truck
Don't block the driving path of the water truck
No swearing on drivers stand
No one allowed to stand on skids but shorter children
Be up here before your race starts
After your race drop your car at inspection area
Get right out to marshal or you'll b docked a lap
If your cars not in inspection area you'll be docked a lap
Race em seems to pride itself ( and should be proud to) on runnin on a tight set of Rules. The county and neighbors has made that a bit of an issue.
Now with how well all this is done, this battery issue should go bye bye.
Mike is a stand up guy and would only have good intentions about bringing this topic up to the club.
That was my monopoly .02$ worth
Old 06-24-2013, 04:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

OK, here's the real problem. Race Em posted rules for the 2013 season on the first page of this thread before the season began. They started the season and have held several races including the first of their series races.
So one of their board members chooses to dis-regard those rules because he got a "good deal" on a battery pack. Really???? Did I miss the part where it said you can ignore the posted rules if it saves you some money?
Then to add insult to injury, when someone points out the fact that this "board member" is not adhering to the rules, another board member just changes them. Sorry if it offends you guys, but that is utter bullshit. You have a plethora of rules that you expect everyone to follow, but they obviously don't apply if you're a "board member".
It's not about following R.O.A.R. rules or not. It's not about whether or not it's an advantage. It's not about how you have your ESC set. It is about following the rules YOU posted for the duration of the season. Ultimately it comes down to the integrity of the people in charge. Do you guys have any, or not?
I'm sure some of you will find my post offensive. If you do, I'm sorry. It's not personal. What's right is right, and changing the rules once the season has begun for any reason is completely wrong.

Last edited by Duuuuuuuuuuuude; 06-24-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dashat2
This whole topic is getting pretty old in my Opinion.. As Race Em's PR Director it is my job to relay to the public rule changes and modifications. So if the Rule Changes were not changed I'll take responsibility for that. When we were planning the season we truly had 0 interest in 1/8th scale buggy other than Nitro Days. Then interest in the class skyrocketed and we are happy to have them. The class has been great thus far..
The situation with the battery is rediculous. If we were running 15 minute mains and 8 minute heats then fine but we are not and wont be. A 2s was the Fastest buggy on the track yesterday. After this topic was brought up initially we had a board mtg to talk about the rule package for 8th scale buggy and made adjustments based on the class not the driver. To imply we are bending the rules to benefit the Track president or any of our Members is offensive. And frankly pisses me off. We try to make a rules package that suits everybody but know we cant please everybody. We do the best we can. We are not perfect.
We have drivers meetings before the races to discuss Rule Changes, Weather, Classes, ECT. NOT A WORD was said yesterday by anyone objecting to what we changed and it was talked about. I think it went something like 8th scale buggy will and always has been an open class. Then silence. If there was a problem it should have been spoken then. Im sure if someone would have spoke up in person Justin would have no problem addressing it and making a decision that everyone would agree on. But when nothing is said in person when the subject is open for discussion we assume we are all in agreement and move on to get the program going. To see shots being taken from the desk after the fact really doesnt lend it self well to a creditable complaint. If you have a compaint speak you mind we are a fair group and will take your complaints and suggestion to the board for resolution. I think that is more than fair..
Shane,
Don't think everyone completely understood exactly what was meant by stating that "8th scale buggy will and always has been an open class" I know I certainly didn't.
In actuality it is not an open class in any other racing organization that I am aware of. They all limit the battery to a maximum of 4 cells. Not saying that there are not exceptions to that, but 4 cell max. Is certainly the accepted standard.
The important point to be made here is, discussion or no discussion it is extremely un-ethical to change ANY of the technical rules once the season has begun. That is what is causing the stir here. Area racers read the rules you posted and purchased their equipment in accordance to those rules. Now, you decide to change them mid season. Do you really not understand why people are upset?
You guys have put together a great facility and I do believe you all work very hard at running your club. I'm sure you all want it to flourish and be known as one of the best facilities in the area. One way to ensure it's success is to adhere to a STABLE set of rules. Not doing so will most certainly have an opposite effect.

Last edited by Duuuuuuuuuuuude; 06-24-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Should be a fun drivers meeting at the next race!! While you guys figure it out Ill be putting in some practice laps!! I'd put a smiley face after that statement but don't know how to yet.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

ebuggy is open battery . Going to stay that way. Sorry for mishaps

Benny
Old 06-24-2013, 06:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Here is final call.. Then this issue is dead...

Here is the problem.. I actually went back and researched this heavily.. Yes, RCtech post was 2s, 3s, and 4s ok...

If you download our PDF Schedule it just says OPEN..

The PDF is what I look at.. Not the posts. I didn't buy a 5s knowing it was illegal.. I want to make that very clear.. I was raised right.. I do not cheat. I work very hard for everything I have.. So lets make that clear again.. I did not know we had a 4s post on here. I did not buy the battery knowing that. I passed up a 4s batt because the 5s was a better buy.. Again.. I did not break rules.. This is all just a miscommunication..

So, here is what is going to happen.. My Points will be forefited for the first points race. Obviously that is what everyone wants.. I will take a DNF for the day.. Now, The points will not change for everyone.. It stays the same except for mine.. I go to 0. I want to be very clear with this.. This is not a guilt from me admiting to cheating.. Cause I never will cheat!!

Now the final Ruling from the Club Board..

1/8th Ebuggy will be a OPEN CLASS!!! Anything goes..

See you guys next race..
Old 06-24-2013, 06:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs down !

Highschool
Old 06-24-2013, 06:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Redpup78
Should be a fun drivers meeting at the next race!! While you guys figure it out Ill be putting in some practice laps!! I'd put a smiley face after that statement but don't know how to yet.
a smiley face for you.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Not on sides here, just an observation. This appears to be a big mis-communication and discrepancy in the rules posted on the first page of this thread and the PDF version of the schedule and rules. The attachment on the first page and the attachment on post 77 both show open battery. Also posts 113, 114 confirm this also. These 3 posts have not been edited, so they are original.

Other than conflicting rules, the race em club (and Justin) haven't done anything wrong.

Before I actually looked into this I agreed with everyone else but I found info that substantiates Justin's decision to run 5s.

From what I can tell there was no wrong doing... just mis-communication.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.