Wiki Posts
Search

Asking for a gift payment or making buyer pay fees

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 09:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Asking for a gift payment or making buyer pay fees

I thought it was against the rules to ask for a gift payment or to say buyer pays paypal fee? I looked at 3 post this morning and they say exactly that... gift payment or buyer pays fees. If someone could explain this to me I would like to know.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

report the posts, or PM them to me.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dynamite44
I thought it was against the rules to ask for a gift payment or to say buyer pays paypal fee? I looked at 3 post this morning and they say exactly that... gift payment or buyer pays fees. If someone could explain this to me I would like to know.
Everything is in the 1st post now.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...3-25-13-a.html
Old 03-12-2014, 09:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

It is. It is also against PP regulations....
Old 03-12-2014, 11:39 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

You are correct about the rule. Simply hit that report button and us mods will squash!

-cpt.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I think you took care of the one I saw today. I think 3 percent is a small price to pay for piece of mind and secondly if you are worried about paying fees ask more for the item.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 73 (99%+)

I think you took care of the one I saw today. I think 3 percent is a small price to pay for piece of mind and secondly if you are worried about paying fees ask more for the item.
What about when buyers want to give low ball offers, if they gift to minimize what they need to pay I say let them gift it...
Old 03-12-2014, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RcChef
What about when buyers want to give low ball offers, if they gift to minimize what they need to pay I say let them gift it...
I agree to an extent... my suggestion is to ask the LB to text you direct and deal from there. Just keep it off here as much as possible. The problem is that someone pays as gift, never receives the item, then it turns into a whole debacle on Rctech. Many instances of this have gone down and it gets old / tedious. If it's a non-shipment issue where paypal protection is applied then the end result is much better for the one that has lost out. Let paypal fix the issue.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RcChef
Most dealings on here would have a very minimal savings at 3%... even a $300 item would not break $10 in fees and most of the dealings here are well below that.

I would not do it, once you start to make exceptions you also start to invite trouble.

Now I do see cutting a sweeter deal for somebody in town that does a pickup as you can now back out of the shipping expense for them and being face to face there is less worry about "not as expected" issues coming up.