Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Super Pissed

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 11:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs down Super Pissed

My first time posting after browsing through your boards for a few days. I'm new to this site, but I am a member of several other r/c boards.

So, after thoughtfully laying out my question along w/ some back story on the the issue, as well as links to the photos on my photobucket account. I get a ridiculous notice saying I haven't posted enough to put links in my message.

So I ask you. How the hell do you ask some one a question w/o being able to post a picture of the problem? This is the DUMBEST thing I have ever heard of. I spent way too much time on that post just to back out.

I understand earning certain privileges, but posting pics of your car? Come on. Like I said I'm a member of other car sites and it looks like I will be sticking with them. And for the record, they don't require admin approval for a post.

How about you guys get a clue and stop trying to be exclusionary. You shouldn't have to "earn the right" to post a pic and you sure as hell shouldn't have to have your post approved by an admin. I'm sure THIS will not be approved, but thats ok. I said my piece.

This will be the last time I post anything to this site. There are too many GOOD forums that don't do this crap. Adios Mofos.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

That breaks my heart

Originally Posted by Balz2thawal
My first time posting after browsing through your boards for a few days. I'm new to this site, but I am a member of several other r/c boards.

So, after thoughtfully laying out my question along w/ some back story on the the issue, as well as links to the photos on my photobucket account. I get a ridiculous notice saying I haven't posted enough to put links in my message.

So I ask you. How the hell do you ask some one a question w/o being able to post a picture of the problem? This is the DUMBEST thing I have ever heard of. I spent way too much time on that post just to back out.

I understand earning certain privileges, but posting pics of your car? Come on. Like I said I'm a member of other car sites and it looks like I will be sticking with them. And for the record, they don't require admin approval for a post.

How about you guys get a clue and stop trying to be exclusionary. You shouldn't have to "earn the right" to post a pic and you sure as hell shouldn't have to have your post approved by an admin. I'm sure THIS will not be approved, but thats ok. I said my piece.

This will be the last time I post anything to this site. There are too many GOOD forums that don't do this crap. Adios Mofos.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Uhhhm, really?????

Why not post your thoughtfully laid out question, and your pics on the other r/c "boards?
Old 09-04-2011, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

We like it here in our little corner of the web!
Old 09-04-2011, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Just "earn the right to post pics" like the rest of us "mofos".... Its what like 10 posts to get to post pics?
Old 09-04-2011, 07:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by faze
Just "earn the right to post pics" like the rest of us "mofos".... Its what like 10 posts to get to post pics?
ditto.

adios!

Last edited by fastjoe; 09-04-2011 at 07:07 AM. Reason: ADDED A PIC!!!
Old 09-04-2011, 03:52 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Balz2thawal

and i bet all you wanted to do was sell something......FOR FREE......
Old 09-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Really what is 10 posts, although this is my fifth here. As many forums as I belong to 10 posts is a week worth of answering question or comments. Heck there is so much cross site people no matter where you post your dumb question, I mean your well thought out question it will get the same answer from the same people.

Originally Posted by Matt M.
and i bet all you wanted to do was sell something......FOR FREE......
Is it bad that I have bought more stuff than I have as a post count from here? LOL
Old 09-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Just for the record, not every post of yours needs to be approved by an Admin. It doesn't happen on every post though.

One of the reasons for the above is to help us reduce the number of spam bots that attack the board on a daily basis. If you just signed up and used a certain sequence of characters/words/vowels/etc. your post will be flagged for approval.

Trust me, the Admins have better things to do then to review every single post on this site.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Man...what's 10 posts?!?! Heck, they let you post & sell your stuff for FREE & don't ask for a dime!!! At least their not like FLEECEBAY with their hands in your pockets always trying to get your cash!!!
Old 09-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

After running our club's forum, you have no idea the number of spammers and scammers that will create an account and post all manner of crap on your site if you don't lock it down. Not allowing external links until a person demonstrates that they are not a spammer protects us all. I'm blocking MANY IP ranges and require admin approval for every new account activation, with required fields like 'what is your favorite brand of RC' and 'where did you hear about us.' It's a pain in the arse, but it keeps the forum safe. I wish our club had enough extra money to purchase vBulletin to use the advanced heuristics that rctech employs. The software and hosting isn't free, yet rctech provides an awesome service to us funded only by a few non-obtrusive ads. They're doing a pretty stellar job IMO. Go troll one of the 'dead' RC sites.

Also, a bit of advise. If you spend a ton of time on a post, CTRL+A, then CTRL+C. It takes half a second and saves a ton of rework should anything go wrong with the post. If it fails, CTRL+V it into a word doc or repost it. I wonder how long it took you to type up your rant?
Old 09-26-2011, 01:39 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
Trust me, the Admins have better things to do then to review every single post on this site.
Like saving somebody's avatar to disk, then opening it with a text file and hunting for hidden messages. Then staking them to another web site.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:38 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

na na na na

na na na na

hey hey......... goodbye !

i'll take my 99% spam free forum over your winey butt anyday of the week.....
Old 10-20-2011, 12:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

wow that was dramatic
Old 10-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Bummer, I was really liking the screen name...lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.