Wiki Posts
Search

my post was deleted?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 10:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default my post was deleted?

I had post/thread that was deleted last night and was just wondering why?
Old 07-07-2011, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Two bumps in the same day. It was one of the few threads I've deleted recently. I just kinda look at them anymore, every once in a while I'll do something about it.

You could read the rules to see other reasons a thread might be deleted, or you could even ask a moderator via PM. But I guess this is easier.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:24 PM
Tech Regular

yeah that one I kind of figuered. but the one I had in electric off road.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Read the Announcement at the top of the Electric Off-Road Forum.

That will explain why your thread was deleted.

We are trying to clean up that section of all the redundant threads for vehicles that already have HUGE stockpiles of information on them in an "Official" thread.

Read the announcement... It will explain.

-David
Old 07-07-2011, 11:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

as a new user here id like to state that going through 99% of those "official" threads is an absolute headache.

my turnover with my cars/trucks/buggies/truggies is huge so im ALWAYS looking for info... i find it much easier to just use a thread that has a couple pages than to search hundreds and hundreds of pages.

if the "OGs" are tired of repeating themselves then thats perfectly fine, they should just skip over anything but the "official" threads.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Default New Threads

I would also have to agree on this with the rest. I am new to the Hobby and have been researching a lot of stuff but sometimes my question isn't answered in the pages I read. Sometimes people don't understand something unless they have it put into words they understand. Dealing with the internet you will have people from all over the world that have different ways of saying the exact thing but I wouldn't understand it unless it was said the way I understand things.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

We understand your point also...

The problem is this...

At one point we had 3 different threads going regarding the front hub hex conversion for the SC10.... PLUS the official thread.

Thats 4 seperate threads being devoted to the same car...

It ends up creating alot of problems for others looking for information about something OTHER than the Front Hub Hex Conversion for the SC10.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:58 PM
Tech Regular

sorry should have read that. what he saying is post our ? in the offical thread. I think thats what he means.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:25 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Yep! You got it!
Old 07-08-2011, 05:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Dave I understand what you mean but looking through 300 plus pages sometimes it's just easier to ask the question. But I must say when you go into the main thread and ask a question you seem to get an answer from 1 or 2 people instead of 10 plus people. I try and read pages a day but to go back and find what you need is a pain sometimes. It's just easier to start a new thread and get an answer in 5 minutes versus 5 hours sometimes. LOL

Thanks for understanding that I'm also totally new to RC

Skip
Old 07-08-2011, 06:25 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by skipnay
Dave I understand what you mean but looking through 300 plus pages sometimes it's just easier to ask the question. But I must say when you go into the main thread and ask a question you seem to get an answer from 1 or 2 people instead of 10 plus people. I try and read pages a day but to go back and find what you need is a pain sometimes. It's just easier to start a new thread and get an answer in 5 minutes versus 5 hours sometimes. LOL

Thanks for understanding that I'm also totally new to RC

Skip
Like I said... We understand that also...

Thing is... If you post in the offical threads... You'll get better answers just as quick.

As far as finding the "official" threads... Just run a search in the Electric OffRoad Section for the word "Official"... They'll all pop up... Quick and Easy.

Give it a shot... It really does end up saving everybody time and headaches.

-David
Old 07-09-2011, 10:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I don't think you get better answers in the "Official" threads. I posted things in there to get absolutely no response, the threads move so fast. The official threads are a complete pain to search, and I have been searching internet forums forever.

Personally, it seems these rc-tech forums are being over-moderated when the forum used to work so much better before.

There was nothing wrong with it before, even with 4 threads that said almost the same thing.

I liked to see threads about other vehicles and their issues, but now, people are being forced to post in the official threads so many people are not going to see what is going on with the other vehicles. I am not going be reading the "Losi 22B" thread or whatever, but I may enjoy reading a thread labeled "Losi 22B diff issues, use AE parts" etc....

Why oh why do new moderators think they need to change something that has been working fine for YEARS?
Old 07-09-2011, 10:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Just look at this page on the "Official SCTE Ten" thread.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...hread-948.html

Moderators, look how people needing help are being ignored. Questions are being overlooked!

"It really does save everybody time and headaches"......

REALLY??
Old 07-10-2011, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

questions not being answered is NOT the moderators problem.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Woe is me. I can't bury useful information for all with information useful to me, over and over again. Woe is me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.