R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   R/C Tech Site Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-tech-site-forum-14/)
-   -   Tapatalk: RCT will never use it (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-tech-site-forum/404779-tapatalk-rct-will-never-use.html)

teamshaw 01-08-2010 03:20 PM

Tapatalk: RCT will never use it

Is there any chance of installing the tapatalk plugin to make the site more accesible on mobiles, especially the iPhone?

Cheers
Ben

tom2tone 01-12-2010 06:43 PM

That would be nice.... it's hard to message others when using my Iphone. But then they would have to cater to everyone. :rolleyes:

CrazyFast1 01-12-2010 07:30 PM

I don't have any trouble with it on my blackberry but I also don't know what the differences are I also didn't have a problem with my lg triton that I had before the blackberry

Hootna 01-14-2010 09:06 AM

That would be cool..

teamshaw 01-15-2010 05:06 PM

As far as I'm aware it's very easy to implement. Just install the free plugin for vbulletin and it takes care of the rest. Some of the other forums I use have it and it makes it alot easier.

teamshaw 01-22-2010 07:48 PM

Is this possible? Is there somebody I should email?

CarbonJoe 04-03-2010 06:56 PM

http://www.tapatalk.com/

Free for forum owners, and allows easy content viewing on Apple iPhone, Android, Blackberry, and Nokia devices.

Ezrem 04-17-2010 01:39 AM

I contacted the admins regarding TapATalk a while ago...

Here is what I got:

--------------------------------

Hi,

We currently do not have any plans on making an app for the iPhone.

R/C Tech

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 11:38 AM, Ezrem @ R/C Tech Forums <[email protected]> wrote:
The following message was sent to you via the R/C Tech Forums Contact Us form by Ezrem ( mailto:[email protected] ).

Hi.

Do you have any plans to support TapATalk for iPhone? I searched within the app and was unable to find this forum.

It is an app that makes forum use a lot easier on iPhone and works with vBulletin, phpBB and other common BB software.

Thanks.

I then replied, mentioning that it's just installing an addon on for phpBB/vBulletin. No response. That was almost a month ago. Kind of a bummer.

syndr0me 06-02-2010 10:42 PM

Tapatalk?

Any chance of enabling the Tapatalk plugin for this forum? It appears to be enabled on certain other iBrands sites. It let's you use the Tapatalk program for iPhone and Android to browse the forum in a native format rather than all the pinching and zooming that's required now.

Ezrem 06-09-2010 01:13 PM

There's already a thread going about this, further down the page.

Admins here apparently have no interest in loading a free plugin that is readily available for vBulletin. :(

http://www.rctech.net/forum/7283123-post8.html

Neu_Racer 06-12-2010 10:01 PM

I had a suggestion regarding a way to generate extra revenue for the site while improving the FS threads and wrote every admin I could find and not a single one even had the courtesy to write back.

The site rocks but the mods pretty much suck. :(

Marcos.J 06-17-2010 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Neu_Racer (Post 7534121)
I had a suggestion regarding a way to generate extra revenue for the site while improving the FS threads and wrote every admin I could find and not a single one even had the courtesy to write back.

Really? ?

I will remember that soldier:sneaky:
Semper Fi ,buddy

vstrok 06-17-2010 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Neu_Racer (Post 7534121)

The FS threads will never be changed my man.

Marcos.J 06-17-2010 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by vstrok (Post 7553937)
The FS threads will never be changed my man.

thats correct.

since there is already a thread on taptalk i will close this one.

M-Technic 07-09-2010 12:41 PM

Please install the Tapatalk plugin for VBulletin! It's easy. You are not making an app. You are just installing a plugin that makes the app work on Tapatalk for iPhone and Android devices.

http://www.tapatalk.com/plugin.php

!v@n 07-09-2010 01:30 PM

That would be cool a few other forums i am on have tapatalk

Potoczak 07-09-2010 08:31 PM

Yes please help out all the iphone owners out there!!!!!!

jared52 07-21-2010 07:34 PM

Bump, even though Marcos is aware of the thread (he mentioned it when closing another tapatalk thread). Can we at least get a response on whether it's going to happen or not?

M-Technic 07-29-2010 01:16 PM

Bump.

Dlewis4 07-30-2010 05:52 PM

I am about 99.9 percent usre he said NO.

....sadly.

2fst2c 07-30-2010 07:08 PM

They can't get the search function to work and you want them to install something else? Would be nice though.

Travis5218 08-10-2010 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Ezrem (Post 7283123)
I contacted the admins regarding TapATalk a while ago...

Here is what I got:

I then replied, mentioning that it's just installing an addon on for phpBB/vBulletin. No response. That was almost a month ago. Kind of a bummer.

Big bummer I just sighed up and was hoping they supported tapatalk. :(

M-Technic 08-10-2010 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Dlewis4 (Post 7741298)
I am about 99.9 percent usre he said NO.

....sadly.

They didn't say no. I don't think they understand that its not an app, its simply a plugin that can easily be added to the vBulletin software.

tom2tone 08-13-2010 08:52 PM

Please activate tapatalk!!!!:)

Ezrem 08-18-2010 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by M-Technic (Post 7787141)
They didn't say no. I don't think they understand that its not an app, its simply a plugin that can easily be added to the vBulletin software.

Yeah, you can see the way the email to me is worded, they thought i was asking them to design a mobile version of the site.

We just want them to download a simple plugin, that is compatible with the version of vBulletin the board is currently running, and install it.

It's not rocket science.

Also, this is no longer an iPhone only request. TapATalk also has an Android version available in the marketplace. Both work via loading a single plugin.

M-Technic 08-19-2010 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Ezrem (Post 7823794)
Yeah, you can see the way the email to me is worded, they thought i was asking them to design a mobile version of the site.

We just want them to download a simple plugin, that is compatible with the version of vBulletin the board is currently running, and install it.

It's not rocket science.

Also, this is no longer an iPhone only request. TapATalk also has an Android version available in the marketplace. Both work via loading a single plugin.

Exactly. Quick and easy, and it will help increase the readership of the site!

!v@n 08-30-2010 10:10 PM

please load tapatalk.

http://tapatalk.com/plugin.php

thats a link to the info, its free just gotta load the plugin

M-Technic 08-31-2010 06:28 AM

Still holding out hope. Every other forum I frequent has added the plugin.

Hightower815 09-21-2010 09:17 AM

Any news on the Tapatalk plug-in? Just got a new phone and would love to be able to use it here too. Seems pretty simple to add, maybe I am missing something...

Thanks,
KH

dan-o 10-15-2010 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by tom2tone (Post 7803267)
Please activate tapatalk!!!!:)

+1,000,000

psykosonik 11-15-2010 09:08 PM

Tapatalk!!!

+1 please add Tapatalk nowwwwwww

M-Technic 11-16-2010 06:19 AM

I've been meaning to bump this, it was painful browsing this forum from my phone when I was out of town last weekend.

vstrok 11-16-2010 10:01 AM

If it ain't their suggestion it ain't gonna happen! That is what I have gathered in the year and a half I have been here.

microdot 11-23-2010 04:40 PM

You would think with enough people wanting to use it myself included. They would install. I don't have an issue navigating the site but tapatalk is a great add on.

chicagokenji 11-24-2010 09:25 PM

Do you guys know the company that owned this site sold it back in September?

The people that work here and make decisions are probably busy with new focus or for all we know don't exist here anymore.

http://www.dmwmedia.com/news/2010/09...rm-640-million

It's quite possible you are talking into dead air, in terms of flicking switches for upgrades.

Do any of the other older Internet Brands forums have Tapatalk installed and running?

At some point they might figure out it's 2010 and the musty old toy car forum might need some attention........they probably think we're all geeks and dorks anyhow and don't care about software for stupid little handheld devices.

aegiswa 11-29-2010 11:08 PM

Good day all,
Has there been anyone from RC TECH reviewing this information?
It would certainly be nice to have the forum available with Tapatalk.

I see others available when browsing but not my favorite forum.....

Would you admins please review the plug-in and install if at all possible.

Thank you!

bigtree 11-30-2010 10:32 PM

Bump please install the tapatalk plugin or similar

M-Technic 12-01-2010 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by chicagokenji (Post 8256972)
Do you guys know the company that owned this site sold it back in September?

The people that work here and make decisions are probably busy with new focus or for all we know don't exist here anymore.

http://www.dmwmedia.com/news/2010/09...rm-640-million

It's quite possible you are talking into dead air, in terms of flicking switches for upgrades.

Do any of the other older Internet Brands forums have Tapatalk installed and running?

At some point they might figure out it's 2010 and the musty old toy car forum might need some attention........they probably think we're all geeks and dorks anyhow and don't care about software for stupid little handheld devices.

Interesting, I did not know that. However, there are 9 administrators on this forum, surely at least one of them monitors this section. I seriously doubt the powers that be have taken a "hands off" approach to such a large forum.

chicagokenji 12-11-2010 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by M-Technic (Post 8282660)
Interesting, I did not know that. However, there are 9 administrators on this forum, surely at least one of them monitors this section. I seriously doubt the powers that be have taken a "hands off" approach to such a large forum.

Good luck.

this place is stuck in 2006 technology.

keep on keeping on using a web browser on a 3 inch screen.

BTW...."9 admins"? how do you know that?

There's all kinds of "moderators" I know that.

Right matt?

HA!

Matt M. 12-11-2010 07:58 PM

i can ask ib if this is possible,

kenji, go find another forum to stir the pot in...i am at the end of my rope with you