Search

Hiding Threads

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 01:09 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Hiding Threads

Guys,

I understand that moderating a site like this is a thankless task, and requires thick skin and a lot of work. Thanks for all that you do, I certainly appreciate it.

That said, I think hiding threads like the EddieO thread in the on-road section really takes away from what makes RCTech great. Debates like those are the shoulders upon which this site's popularity was built. It's extremely relevant to our hobby's history, and seemed like it was remaining very cordial overall. Please don't neuter us, spirited discussion is why a lot of people visit.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Guys,

I understand that moderating a site like this is a thankless task, and requires thick skin and a lot of work. Thanks for all that you do, I certainly appreciate it.

That said, I think hiding threads like the EddieO thread in the on-road section really takes away from what makes RCTech great. Debates like those are the shoulders upon which this site's popularity was built. It's extremely relevant to our hobby's history, and seemed like it was remaining very cordial overall. Please don't neuter us, spirited discussion is why a lot of people visit.
I would agree except skypilot seemed to be taking the whole thing personally. It's probably best to get rid of it before things got really out of hand.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
I would agree except skypilot seemed to be taking the whole thing personally. It's probably best to get rid of it before things got really out of hand.
wrong again

I wasn't taking it personal, I made a simple statement, and instead of responding to the statement, it went right, left, north, south, some understood what i was trying to say, some didn't some just changed the subject and as much as i tried to keep it from being a brushed vs brushless thread it kept coming back, I just tried over and over to make it a simple thread.

I pm'd o8tial and said no hard feeling i had a good time, I'll say the same to you and syndrome and anyone and everyone else involved. its all good over here. I would have liked for the thread to continue, but sometimes a quick neuter is best.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

No hard feelings here, I was enjoying it. But really you had to expect it to become a brushed vs brushless debate. That might not have been your intention but any statement like that is going to naturally lead to it.

Kind of like saying "Rush was right about the Democrats naming the health care bill after Ted Kennedy". Your intention may be to discuss whether or not Rush was right in his prediction but the conversation will immediately turn into a health care debate.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
No hard feelings here, I was enjoying it. But really you had to expect it to become a brushed vs brushless debate. That might not have been your intention but any statement like that is going to naturally lead to it.

Kind of like saying "Rush was right about the Democrats naming the health care bill after Ted Kennedy". Your intention may be to discuss whether or not Rush was right in his prediction but the conversation will immediately turn into a health care debate.
oh snap, don't even get me going on the "truth" I'll hunt you down
Old 08-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

sounds like it got fun sometime after my last post.. my intention was certainly not to stir the pot, but simply offer a counter opinion.. i do agree however that a solid, respectfull discussion could have been relevant to the board.. most rational and balanced people realize that even though opinions differ, there really is no "right answer", but merely a gained understanding of other's views..
Old 08-28-2009, 10:59 PM
Tech Legend

What da heck?

Where did they moved the thread and why
did they have to moved it ?

C-On moderator !!!

I can't believe ......
Old 08-29-2009, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Guys,

the thread was fine until the personal remarks started on Eddie, after that there was no need for the thread to be opened. I moved it to the "garbage" forum where it belongs.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:49 AM
Tech Legend

Marco's , where is this garbage forum ?

Let you know I do not approve as the thread could of been move to the Chat forum....
Old 08-29-2009, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Marco's , where is this garbage forum ?

Let you know I do not approve as the thread could of been move to the Chat forum....
you cant view it, like I said the thread was fine until they started with the personal attacks on Eddie, you guys ruined the thread. If you dont approve of me moving the thread, well you know what my answer is. The thread is gone and is not coming back, move on.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:20 AM
Tech Legend

More like your blaming us for one or two members bad posts ...
Old 08-29-2009, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

More like your blaming us for one or two members bad posts ...
well all it takes is one or two to ruin it for everybody
Old 08-29-2009, 10:40 AM
Tech Legend

I did not see everything so I can't judge your actions completely, but if were me Moderating ? The individuals responsible would be the first to feel my wrath....
Old 08-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

I did not see everything so I can't judge your actions completely, but if were me Moderating ? The individuals responsible would be the first to feel my wrath....
dont worry Im watching them and keeping track of their post
Old 08-29-2009, 11:40 AM
Tech Legend

Thank Marcos !!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.