Wiki Posts
Search

Bumping FS threads

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
true i bought a exhaust pipe from a guy that had been bumping the thread for over 2years !! look here!!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...ghlight=fw-05r
Old 01-18-2008, 08:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Originally Posted by 4u2nv
I know theres the one per day, which is fine. I dont have a prob with that. But all I was saying is I think there should be a limit to how long they can bump it. Maybe 2 weeks or a month tops. To see thread that are 6 months to a year old keep getting bumped with Zero interest is lame.
i agree ...
Old 01-18-2008, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I check out the for sale thread all the time and i do see alot of the same things at the top all the time BUT I see just as many new things to, so it does not bother me at all. I do a quick title scan and if i see something i like i will click it.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi guy
I check out the for sale thread all the time and i do see alot of the same things at the top all the time BUT I see just as many new things to, so it does not bother me at all. I do a quick title scan and if i see something i like i will click it.
agreed
Old 01-19-2008, 10:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Originally Posted by losi guy
i still would put a length of time ... on a f/s so it would get delete .. and it would be less spam...
Old 01-20-2008, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

I think the best thing would be to have a person (s) go through threads and get rid of all the stuff that is no longer for sale or has been sold or traded that would clear alot of the stuff up and make things better to find. I think there's nothing wrong with 5-6 bumps a day. Some stuff i put up for sale was on the 4th or 5th page in less than an hour. I think the real problem lies with people being to lazy to go through a few pages to see if there's something they like. I guess it's easier to enforce the one bump a day for people that are on here a few times a day. That way when they get back on 8 hours later they ony need to look at the first page. What do i know, i'm just here to have fun.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

I forgot, if someone is looking for something and don't want to go through the pages because it to hard, they could use the wanted ad.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

I bump 3 times a day, when I get up, after work, and before i go to bed. Most of the time when I bump its on page 3 or 4 anyway where most people to don't look. i personally don't look past page 2.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

There is a rule, 1 "bump" per day. The mods say threads that "bump" more than that will be deleted, but I have yet to ever see that happen.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I can understand if the mods didn't want it bumped more then once a day if it was a small forum, but some threads get all the way back to page 4 or 5 in a short period of time, so I think bumping more then once is fine. Once again, I don't think there should be a limit or length of time a thread can be bumped. Bump it as much as you want until it's sold. Heck, bump it even it's it already sold. Doesn't bother me a bit.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:01 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The rule is to bump only once per day. This is to help make it fair to everyone - and also to keep the clutter down. I have in the past gone through and removed extra "bump" posts from people who have blatantly abused the "bump," so that is less noticeable than deleting the whole post.

People get nervous when their sale is not on the first page, and occasionally go nuts at keeping it there. I really do feel that if people are shopping, they're more likely to use the search feature if they are looking for a particular product or brand, and/or browse several pages if they are just "browsing" for a type of product.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:27 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by ScruB.x3
I can understand if the mods didn't want it bumped more then once a day if it was a small forum, but some threads get all the way back to page 4 or 5 in a short period of time, so I think bumping more then once is fine. Once again, I don't think there should be a limit or length of time a thread can be bumped. Bump it as much as you want until it's sold. Heck, bump it even it's it already sold. Doesn't bother me a bit.
Dont you agree though that if a item doesnt sell within the 1st week of a person bumping it, it probably isnt gonna sell here?
Old 01-21-2008, 07:58 PM

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Have to disagree with you bud. Older items can still sell due to the market changing so much.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:55 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by Jon2
Have to disagree with you bud. Older items can still sell due to the market changing so much.
What about people bumping threads that are 6 months to a year old weekly? IMO it just sucks having to go threw this crap to find the new stuff people have for sale.. I dont see any problem in the one bump a day.. None at all, but I think it should be for a certain amount of time.. Maybe like a month or so. To go threw and have to sift threw threads that are old as hell, and dont get any interest is just annoying.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:38 PM

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

People bumping threads is not a problem from what I can see. Its starting threads about the same item over and over. You never know what people want nowadays.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.