Want to buy ads **Please Read** >

Want to buy ads **Please Read**

Like Tree41Likes

Want to buy ads **Please Read**

Old 05-10-2017, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Want to buy ads **Please Read**

There has been a few members that were taken advantage/scammed from posting a "want to buy" ad. The deals were finalized thru pm's and texting.

1.When posting an ad ask for replies on the ad itself not via pm's or text.
2.Never give out your cell number to text pictures back and forth pictures.There are so many phone apps that you can get a ghost number.
3.POST ON THE WANTED SECTION AT YOUR OWN RISK YOU WILL MORE THAN LIKELY RECEIVE A PM REGARDING SOMEONE HAS WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AT "[email protected]"
SteveM, ddd228, Ferdinand and 8 others like this.

Last edited by Marcos.J; 04-14-2023 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
There has been a few members that were taken advantage/scammed from posting a "want to buy" ad. The deals were finalized thru pm's and texting.

2.Never give out your cell number to text pictures back and forth pictures.There are so many phone apps that you can get a ghost number.
3.If someone ask for payment via friends and family/gift. Report them immediately.
I agree with what your saying. The only problem is Not everyone is a scam artist. There are people who never posted on this site before like myself. I always deal with messenger on Facebook. I also give my cell number to communicate with the person purchasing my item. I give the cell number Incase the person needs help or has a question after receiving the item sold on this site.
Old 03-22-2019, 03:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

I don't plan on selling any time soon, but as for #3 I deal with paypal whenever I buy/sell anything outside of ebay and I'll always ask to send/receive money as gift/friends because that prevents paypal from charging a fee.
Tigo likes this.
Old 03-22-2019, 04:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InTheZoneAC
I don't plan on selling any time soon, but as for #3 I deal with paypal whenever I buy/sell anything outside of ebay and I'll always ask to send/receive money as gift/friends because that prevents paypal from charging a fee.
and thats how people get screwed over, how can you get a refund when you send friends and family!!! So if a buyer from you would have a grievance and wanted to file a claim, he would be screwed, as in our rules it states no F/F payments. I would also not suggest you ask for such here on the forum! As a friendly Head Up

the fee is minor, and a cheap insurance!

Last edited by 1/8 IC Fan; 03-24-2019 at 09:23 AM.
Old 03-27-2019, 01:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
and thats how people get screwed over, how can you get a refund when you send friends and family!!! So if a buyer from you would have a grievance and wanted to file a claim, he would be screwed, as in our rules it states no F/F payments. I would also not suggest you ask for such here on the forum! As a friendly Head Up

the fee is minor, and a cheap insurance!
I have no intention on breaking the rules. I also said I have used it as a buyer AND seller in other fields.
Old 04-02-2019, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

lol what can i sell you then
Goof and hunterdawg like this.
Old 04-02-2019, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Talking

lol what can i sell you then
How about a New York bridge?
Old 04-06-2019, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Angry

and asking to in this manner is breaking the rules here..
Old 04-06-2019, 08:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by the rc guy
and asking to in this manner is breaking the rules here..
I explicitly stated I'm not going to break the rules. Good day.
Old 04-06-2019, 09:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the rc guy
How about a New York bridge?
which 1 gwb, Brooklyn, throgs neck tapenzee or throgs neck
bigwavedave33 likes this.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default WTB Novak GT7 or GTX ESC

Looking for a Novak GT7 or a Novak GTX electronic speed control. Ya got any??
Old 05-10-2019, 11:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 111 (100%+)

There is an easy way around this. Have the buyer pay the fee. Assuming all parties are in the US and you're using US currency, then add 3% to the purchase price and forego F and F.

Everybody wins.
hunterdawg likes this.
Old 05-11-2019, 05:15 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Garet Jax
There is an easy way around this. Have the buyer pay the fee. Assuming all parties are in the US and you're using US currency, then add 3% to the purchase price and forego F and F.

Everybody wins.
Yes, this is a given, yet should one ask directly for the buyer to pay, well, then the for sale post disappears, just the same should one ask for Friends and Family. The 3% is negligible, and quite honestly a joke that people argue and fight over this!
Old 05-11-2019, 01:18 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

actualy paypay still charges a fee for freinds and family. You dont pay the fee the buyer pays the fee
Old 05-27-2019, 08:26 AM
Tech Champion

3.If someone ask for payment via friends and family/gift. Report them immediately.
This is perhaps the most important rule of all, do this, dont come asking for help, when at the end of the day, texts are outside of rctechs scope of normal Communication (PM's & thread replies). !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.