Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default User Meji should be ban from Rctech

I just got scammed from this guy, should ban from Rctech, check his rating
Old 05-25-2024, 07:49 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Arrow Check his rating

I have a couple of questions…….
1. Did you not look at his feedback before you dealt with him?
2. Did you go outside of RCTech when you were conducting business?

I’m not bashing you, but the feedback is there, so people know who & who not to deal with!! It only works if you use it!!
Also when you go outside of RCTech, there’s no paper trail for the moderators to look at. Always conduct your business in RCTech, so the moderators can see what’s going on.
DsmDoood and hunterdawg like this.
Old 05-25-2024, 08:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

He tried to get me a while back when I was looking for a truggy.
Old 05-25-2024, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Easy stop posting on the wanted section
Old 05-25-2024, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by TamiyaW1688
For Sale and Trade Forum Rules, Guidlines and Restrictions..updated 11/11/14
Old 05-25-2024, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

i guess you didnt check his rating and somehow got scammed , everything in the for sale area if you are buying or selling or looking is all at your own risk, dont want to get scammed buy from a hobby shop. banning scammers doesnt do anything they just come back with another account. Buy and sell to trusted members plain and simple
Old 05-25-2024, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by TeamSkunkwerks
I have a couple of questions…….
1. Did you not look at his feedback before you dealt with him?
2. Did you go outside of RCTech when you were conducting business?

I’m not bashing you, but the feedback is there, so people know who & who not to deal with!! It only works if you use it!!
Also when you go outside of RCTech, there’s no paper trail for the moderators to look at. Always conduct your business in RCTech, so the moderators can see what’s going on.
agreed i dont think he checked anything
TeamSkunkwerks and hunterdawg like this.
Old 05-26-2024, 05:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default His PayPal name is Jason York

I didn't check as I'm considered "Nice guy" as this hobby, as lesson and learn, Also the web version for phone didn't show the rating until I login the PC as I found out.
Old 05-26-2024, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Easy fix.

File a paypal dispute. You will get your money back. That is if you paid with
goods and services.

If you paid friends and family…..sorry.
Andy Koback likes this.
Old 05-26-2024, 12:54 PM
Tech Initiate

I didn't check as I'm considered "Nice guy" as this hobby, as lesson and learn, Also the web version for phone didn't show the rating until I login the PC as I found out.
Did he ask you to friends and family the money? Was it in a message on RCTECH? If so, report it on the message page. It’s against the rules to ask for someone to gift the payment or friends and family. If you report it and it’s not their first time they will be banned.
Andy Koback likes this.
Old 05-26-2024, 01:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
i guess you didnt check his rating and somehow got scammed , everything in the for sale area if you are buying or selling or looking is all at your own risk, dont want to get scammed buy from a hobby shop. banning scammers doesnt do anything they just come back with another account. Buy and sell to trusted members plain and simple
I get you probably see these posts so often and they can get annoying, but as a mod you probably could and should be less condescending. If you dislike seeing these posts so much, why not just put in in the rules that they can no longer go in the wts/wtb/wtt sections.
A lot of people are lazy, and in my line of work that’s mostly what I deal with. At the same time I also understand that some people just aren’t tech/internet/forum savy.
Old 05-26-2024, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DsmDoood
I get you probably see these posts so often and they can get annoying, but as a mod you probably could and should be less condescending. If you dislike seeing these posts so much, why not just put in in the rules that they can no longer go in the wts/wtb/wtt sections.
A lot of people are lazy, and in my line of work that’s mostly what I deal with. At the same time I also understand that some people just aren’t tech/internet/forum savy.
anything in the for sale section is all at your own risk , we have banned alot of scammers but they just come back with another name , then you have people that keep posting in the wanted section and that is just a scammer heaven, specially when using pms, we do not see any of those and cant stop them from sending pms' the best thing that can do is research the person you are dealing with but yes any reported pms regarding the wanted section i ignore and dont do anything about it ,

and 1 more time so the people in the back can hear " IF YOU DONT WANT TO GET SCAMMED VIA PM'S STOP USING THE WANTED TO BUY SECTION"
racer1812 and DsmDoood like this.
Old 05-26-2024, 07:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 282 (100%+)

anything in the for sale section is all at your own risk , we have banned alot of scammers but they just come back with another name , then you have people that keep posting in the wanted section and that is just a scammer heaven, specially when using pms, we do not see any of those and cant stop them from sending pms' the best thing that can do is research the person you are dealing with but yes any reported pms regarding the wanted section i ignore and dont do anything about it ,

and 1 more time so the people in the back can hear " IF YOU DONT WANT TO GET SCAMMED VIA PM'S STOP USING THE WANTED TO BUY SECTION"
Then the Administrator should get rid of it and end all the problems it causes!!! (jmo)
Old 05-27-2024, 12:46 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Andy Koback
Then the Administrator should get rid of it and end all the problems it causes!!! (jmo)
I mentioned it to them countless of times I hope they do
DsmDoood likes this.
Old 05-28-2024, 11:00 AM
Tech Adept

I think they want you to ban ip addresses lol
DsmDoood likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.