Wiki Posts
Search

FS: Tamiya TA-05R kit, New In Box

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 03:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default FS: Tamiya TA-05R kit, New In Box

I bought this kit a while ago, but I don't have anywhere to run a vehicle like this, so I've decided to sell it and recoup some of the money I spent on it. The plastic parts trees were removed from their bags to inspect for molding defects (no defects found!), but the hardware bags are all still factory sealed.

Since this is the "R" version of the TA-05, it includes TRF aluminum shocks, an aluminum motor mount and toe-blocks, and lots of carbon-reinforced plastic pieces. It also has upright shocks in the front for lower center-of-gravity, whereas the normal kit has laydown front shocks which raise the center of gravity because they're mounted so high.

The nice thing about the TA-05 vs. the TA-06, if you're not familiar with it, is the belts directly drive the differentials for better efficiency, whereas the TA-06 has an intermediate shaft that transfers power from one belt to another to get power up to the front wheels. Also, unlike most two-belt platforms, on the TA-05 both belts are the same length so you only need one size of spare belt.

$300 shipped to CONUS. Paypal is preferred. First "I'll take it!" gets it.