Wiki Posts
Search

Baja 5T with upgrades in NY

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 06:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Baja 5T with upgrades in NY

I haven't used my Baja 5T in several months so I've decided to see if there is anyone interested in it. I've upgraded the throttle servo with a Hitec 7965MG coreless gear servo so the brakes are more powerful. I've upgraded the wheels with Pro-line trenchers and still have the stock tires which are included as spare parts. I've got lots of accessory and replacement parts included, like a complete after market set of bearings (never took the time to install them). I installed the dust guards which go up and inside the body just behind the front tires to limit the amount of dust and stones that build up inside the frame. I replaced the gas tank cap with an aluminum skull cap. (the stock cap cracked and I got a good deal on it.) The stock air filter has been replaced with an aluminum adapter going into a dual stage filter. Added the standard tuned pipe from HPI as an upgrade. Added four working lights in the front of the Baja 5T which are remotely controlled via a third channel courtesy of a remote on/off switch which has been barried inside the battery tray. Also added a volt meter from Hobbico to show the charge level of the stock 5 cell NiMh battery pack.

I think that's about it. I will upload pictures if I receive any interest. I'm looking for a fair offer on this as I have a lot of money invested in the upgrades and spare parts. The Baja is in excellent condition and it runs very well. I prefer to meet the buyer in person so I can show them the truck in action before purchase. Also, the Baja is configured to run with my DX3S radio, which is not included in the sale...but the 3ch Spektrum receiver is included at the asking price. I can include the radio if anyone is interested in a turn key system, but I use the radio for my HPI flux, Traxxas Slash and several other cars and boats.

Asking $850

Pics here
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1636673